Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sprungster

NHL Guys That Roll

I used to have Luc's video and I know for a fact Pavel Bure was in it. I'm not sure if he played consistantly but he was in the video. I'll have to see if either my brother or I have it still in storage somewhere.

Haha, that brought me back to Bure's Upper Deck rookie card where he is sitting on some railing or something and wearing blades (at least I'm 99% sure).

I definitely had that card, I think it had both Pavel and Valeri on it.

well, there was one of JUST Pavel, and one of the two of them.

PY Gerbeau who had a brief spell with the Hardford Whalers plays roller for South London Snipers in England.

Bobby Ryan immediately comes to mind, not quite NHL yet but pretty solid altogether. Hemsky played in the IIHF Inline tournament for the Czechs and I believe Karel Rachunek also played.

After he moved to Cali, Bobby played in the same league as I did @ the local roller rink for a season. Made everyone look bad. I believe he only played a few games because it was too easy for him.

I play with PY sometimes. You wouldn't guess he's played ice to that level now!

I was playing against him this weekend and your right, your wouldnt guess that he played that level infact when one of my team mates told me he played in the show I laughed at him and told him to wise up.

Saying that, he still has a bullet of a shot.

Presumably the Belfast tournament? Who won it?

That would be the one. The BC Bruins (our bitter rivals) beat the South London Snipers 4-3 in overtime. If it wasn't bad enough that our rivals won, one of our former players scored the game winner.

I play in the same league as PY (GBHIS). He's not very mobile but he's got an awesome shot. Always manages to score top glove on our goalie (wrist and slap) Will be interesting to see how they get on in the 1st division next year.

Missing...

Eric Bowen - drafted by ATL in 2000 (Round 8, #244 overall) - played for MANY SoCal roller teams, most notably Red Army

Wow....the Red Army. Ah, the memories.... ;)

Karel Rachunek and Rostislav Klesla are currently playing for the Czechs at the FIRS World Championships in Spain, both are currently NHL FAs.