Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sprungster

NHL Guys That Roll

Since I started hitting the streets with my hockey and aggro prototypes, I've heard about Luc Robitai's beachside roller hockey with his NHL buds. Maybe this is just another urban legand?

If not, where are these guys now and are there others like them? We have questions. What made you do it? Has it ruined your stride? What's up with NHL VS ROLLER HOCKEY? Can we have Sidney Crosby?

Fill us in, guys.

Hi, my name is _________________. "I'm NHL and I roll."

i know for a fact that ales hemsky of the oilers plays roller hockey. i watched a short video of him playing in some world tournament deking guys like nothing. he had a pair of converted bauer XX at the time. hey sprungster you should look into sending the oilers a set of those for hemsky to play around with.

I know Mike Van Ryn played occassionally for a team in the London Inline League when I played there in the late 90s/early 00's but missed quite a few games (including all the games my team played against him so I never had the chance to play against them) before he was in the NHL. I believe he also played for the Canadian National roller team. I'm not sure if he plays roller hockey competitively anymore though now that he's in the NHL.

Adam Cracknell plays in the league i play in ( except a few divisions up :) ) and hes pretty f'n good. but hes 20th in scoring.

Bobby Ryan immediately comes to mind, not quite NHL yet but pretty solid altogether. Hemsky played in the IIHF Inline tournament for the Czechs and I believe Karel Rachunek also played.

I've seen Dave Maley playing roller hockey at the rollin ice, which he is the owner of. He was shooting the puck around just before I went out for my team's practice.

I've seen Dave Maley playing at the roller hockey rollin ice, which he is the owner of. He was shooting the puck around just before I went out for my team's practice.

I've met him. Didn't know he was a former. I have another friend who plays on the team with him.

Not majors but......The Johnstown cheifs (you all know them as the Jets from slap shot) Have had a ton of guys that have come play roller in altoona pa and currently some of them (i think) our playing in ebensburg pa. They play with the local boys. I have heard rumors of some ex nhl players playing in williamsport pa and state college in roller leagues.

Gabe Gauthier - UNDRAFTED - played for Team SureGrip - played this past season for Manchester AHL and in 5 NHL games with the LA Kings

That gave me quite a flashback. My first ever tournament game was against them. We lost. Badly. But I digress...

Paul Stasny, Milan Hejduk, TJ Hensick, Billy Sweatt are just a few that i can think of off the top of my head. I will have a full list by tonight.

Played with Billy Sweat last year. Again like most of these guys, he just dangled people and looked back and laughed and moved on like it was nothing.

And you guys can add in there Pat Maron. Drafted this year the the flyers.

I used to have Luc's video and I know for a fact Pavel Bure was in it. I'm not sure if he played consistantly but he was in the video. I'll have to see if either my brother or I have it still in storage somewhere.

I used to have Luc's video and I know for a fact Pavel Bure was in it. I'm not sure if he played consistantly but he was in the video. I'll have to see if either my brother or I have it still in storage somewhere.

I still have that video. Pavel was only on ice and I think the two ice hockey guys they showed playing roller were Chelios and Petr Svoboda.

How about the Mullen brothers who didn't even play ice until college? They grew up playing Roller hockey (on quads) in Hell's Kitchen.

Im not sure but Ill have to do some diggin. Alot more guys did that than just those two. I think.

Haha, that brought me back to Bure's Upper Deck rookie card where he is sitting on some railing or something and wearing blades (at least I'm 99% sure).

Haha, that brought me back to Bure's Upper Deck rookie card where he is sitting on some railing or something and wearing blades (at least I'm 99% sure).

then there was also a card of him and his brother valeri both wearing blades.

I definitely had that card, I think it had both Pavel and Valeri on it.