Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twistoffate19

Workout routines for a picky eater

I'm unfortunately one of the people that is an extremely picky eater. Like I don't like a lot of veggies (potatoes and corn being the only ones) and I only like certain fruits (apples, banana, oranges, and grapes). I know I can substitute these in instead of junk food snacks that I have been eating, to help my diet for the coming drive to lose weight, but along side change of diet, can anyone recommend some good routines to build stamina and tone. I'm not looking to put on strength or anything yet, I just want to drop the gut and get healthier. I would also like to know if anyone can recommend any healthy dinner thing that involve meats. I'd like to stay away from fish if I can (love the taste, but it makes me sick).

Thanks in advance.

I'm a picky eater too.

I like to grill. Meat isn't bad for you, if you eat it in the right portions. I will usually grill some chicken and have it with rice on game day or if I have a big workout. I recently stopped drinking soda and after a little time, I actually have noticed a big difference. Remember that its not the good things that you eat that make a difference, its not eating the bad things.

Eating the right portions is essential to a healthy diet. I'm on a 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, and 20% fat diet.

The "prison workout" is a good at-home routine to burn calories fast, and will help you get toned.

My advice is to suck it up princess and eat what's good for you. Eat to live, don't live to eat. Eventually your body will get use to the proper nutrition and will function much better to the point you'll react (i.e. get headaches) when you put junk in it.

My advice is to suck it up princess and eat what's good for you. Eat to live, don't live to eat. Eventually your body will get use to the proper nutrition and will function much better to the point you'll react (i.e. get headaches) when you put junk in it.

I can attest to that. If I try to drink any soda at all at this point, I feel like I'm going to puke, especially Sprite. The funny thing is, I'm a super chocolate addict as well. Stay away from Splenda as well... I used to drink falvored Dasani like crazy (2-3 bottles a day) and I always got really bad headache. I stopped drinking it, and the headaches stopped.

Another word of advice to not drink fruit juice for all of your servings of fruit. It has a lot of sugar (duh!) and you lose the fiber that you would get if you ate the fruit itself. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to avoid juice, just make sure you eat as much fruit as you drink (for each glass of OJ you drink, eat an apple or something of that sort). Another tip is to NOT, under any circumstance, work out on an empty stomach. You'll end up burning off some fat, but a lot of muscle.

Hemp protein is also an excellent source of protein. But it's tougher to get in the United States because some uninformed people think it will lead to a crack addiction.

Proper nutrition can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. There is a wealth of information out there. Best of luck.

As mentioned before, about not drinking pop/soda. I used to not drink pop much or at all. I found that it helped, but then lately I started drinking more iced tea, and then everyonce and a while a coke or w/e. Now, i'm gonna stay away from soda, just because I found I didn't need it. I would drink apple juice or some sort of juice or water instead.

get yourself a workout bike. put it by the tv and watch your favorite show. pretend your playing hockey. go hard for like 30-45 seconds at first then slow for a minute or two. do this for like a 30 min show. itll make time fly. you will loose weight and build stamina. and with the food ,if your serious about getting in shape and being a good player youll eat what you need and not what you always want

Yeah, that's the most effective type of training... Called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Google that and you should find a lot of things to do for a workout.

EDIT: Staying on the food subject, you should try to reverse your foods. IE, eat dinner foods in the morning while your metabolism is the fastest and eat breakfast foods at night. I've never tried it but it sounds like an interesting theory, since you have a more substantial meal while your body's metabolism is in full gear.

Another word of advice to not drink fruit juice for all of your servings of fruit. It has a lot of sugar (duh!)

Why would a fruit juice have more sugar than the fruit itself? You are probably buying fruit punchs or cocktails. Sugar won't magically appear in pure fruit juice, even if they are "made from concentrate".

Another word of advice to not drink fruit juice for all of your servings of fruit. It has a lot of sugar (duh!)

Why would a fruit juice have more sugar than the fruit itself? You are probably buying fruit punchs or cocktails. Sugar won't magically appear in pure fruit juice, even if they are "made from concentrate".

Both have a lot of sugars, but when you eat the fruit, you at least get the fiber too. Unless you're diabetic, neither the fruit or the juice should be a concern for an athlete.

If all you want to do is lose weight, you don't necessarily have to eat different foods..just less food. It would be better to eat a lean burger, chicken or turkey sandwich, chicken or fish salad/pasta, or whatever else, than the junk food (stuff that comes in a sealed bag and has lots of fat, preservatives, and artifical flavors/coloring).

Try to cut out sodas, and other foods high in sugar. Try to cut out foods high in fat (each gram of fat gives the body 9 kcal, more than double the energy in an equal volume of carbs or protein). Gradually reduce your intake of calories. Exercise will certainly help too (cardio in the morning is great for losing weight), but if you really want it to come off, you just need to eat less.

Both have a lot of sugars, but when you eat the fruit, you at least get the fiber too. Unless you're diabetic, neither the fruit or the juice should be a concern for an athlete.

fruit juices are basically pop with vitamins. check the nutrition label.

Eat 1 small meal every 3 hours instead of 3 laege meals a day. Eating more smaller meals will keep your metabolism going. Also, as said above, don't drink soda, or even fruit juice. Just drink water. Eating fruit is fine though because fibre helps with weight loss.

fruit juices are basically pop with vitamins. check the nutrition label.

WRONG.

"Sugar" in fruit is Fructose (which is actually not bad for you).

The "sugar" you are thinking of is sucrose. If you are drinking good fruit juice (not the cheap fruit drink crap), you will be fine.

BK, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but the last time I checked the label on my soda, it said it had high FRUCTOSE corn syrup as a main ingredient. What gives?

High fructose corn syrup.

Fructose isn't really that BAD for you.. but in large amounts of course it is. Add that to the fact that its mixed with corn syrup (Glucose, which isn't good for you).. anyways, you get my drift.

High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) refers to a group of corn syrups which have undergone enzymatic processing in order to increase their fructose content and are then mixed with pure corn syrup (100% glucose) to reach their final form.

Its like saying that beer and vodka are the same.. they are both have alcohol right?