Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

TPS sticks

Now, TPS has moved their production to China.

The Warrior blade is probably made there too (but its not stamped on the blade anywhere). :angry:

I just recently used my TPS stick a couple months back, when hockeygiant had that sale on RL XN10's. I havent looked back. Love that shaft, and when it broke, TPS' warranty department was the best Ive ever dealt with. Im now using an R6 and again, fantastic product, and have an RL XN10 as a back up.

Are the lower end models only made in China or is everything made in China now? Reason I'm asking is because I walked into Sport Check a few weeks ago and they were selling the Response+ and Adrenaline Control for 100$ Canadian. I picked them up and they didn't seem the same as the older Response+ and Adrenalines which were made in Canada. Is it the same stick or a cheaper model and just branded with older stick models?

I've started to see more TPS sticks in my area now that the R2, R4, whatever cheap price point sticks are out. Hockey Giant is the only place I ever see them.

I honestly think the best way to do it is to have just a few kinds of sticks, a performance stick, a durable stick, and a price point stick. Easton Stealth, ST, and Synergy 350; Bauer XXX, One90, and Endure/VIII; etc. That seems to be easier to figure out for the average consumer and salesman (average meaning uneducated on both ends).

They have the Adrenaline at my SportChek and its just a piece of shit. Dont get it. They dont use the XN10 or the Shock Relief. Its no better than an RBK 4K with grip.

Are the lower end models only made in China or is everything made in China now? Reason I'm asking is because I walked into Sport Check a few weeks ago and they were selling the Response+ and Adrenaline Control for 100$ Canadian. I picked them up and they didn't seem the same as the older Response+ and Adrenalines which were made in Canada. Is it the same stick or a cheaper model and just branded with older stick models?

That's the stuff that I find unethical to say the least.

That said, Kovalchuck71 found someone with a stash of R2XN10s.

http://www.hockeyhavenonline.com/specials.htm

I picked up half a dozen, go ahead and buy him out now. It's a reputable chain, one of our other members works in one of the stores and I have picked up a few things from them in the past.

I picked up half a dozen, go ahead and buy him out now. It's a reputable chain, one of our other members works in one of the stores and I have picked up a few things from them in the past.

So, does that "R2" designation mean low end? What are those shafts like? I assume you like them because you bought six.

So, does that "R2" designation mean low end? What are those shafts like? I assume you like them because you bought six.

Originally R2 was the designation for the two piece response tapered shaft and blade. Sticks made from the XN10 material are very light and have very good shot performance. In fact, I would say they are still better than anything else on the market.

Originally R2 was the designation for the two piece response tapered shaft and blade. Sticks made from the XN10 material are very light and have very good shot performance. In fact, I would say they are still better than anything else on the market.

I'll check tomorrow, but off hand do you know if they have a whip flex? I'm only 5'6", 160 lbs, so I cut my sticks a whole bunch. Are the TPS blades any good? I really like my Warrior Robatille. Blade suggestions for that stick would be appreciated.

No whip flex, only R and S.

:(

so, why the sell off? They still make these correct?

They've been discontinued for a couple years.

I'll check tomorrow, but off hand do you know if they have a whip flex? I'm only 5'6", 160 lbs, so I cut my sticks a whole bunch. Are the TPS blades any good? I really like my Warrior Robatille. Blade suggestions for that stick would be appreciated.

If they would have had any whip, they wouldve been all gone ;)

so, these:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/tpsredlitexn10srsf.html

and these:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/tps-hockey-shafts-r2armor06.html

are totally different shafts and not just seasonal tweaks?

This is why I haven't seriously considered TPS. I would have no idea how to even get into one.

different shafts...

Redlite Xn10 is a standard-shaft

the R2 is tapered

I thought the redlites were the good ones, or at least got rave reviews here. no?

so, these:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/tpsredlitexn10srsf.html

and these:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/tps-hockey-shafts-r2armor06.html

are totally different shafts and not just seasonal tweaks?

This is why I haven't seriously considered TPS. I would have no idea how to even get into one.

Both discontinued. Use the search if you want to learn about those sticks. There is tons of info if you want to spend a few minutes looking for it.

Both discontinued. Use the search if you want to learn about those sticks. There is tons of info if you want to spend a few minutes looking for it.

well, this goes to my complaint about TPS - I've done a ton of searching and reading, but the stick designations are so similar that I end up not knowing what stick is actually being discussed.... It's very frustrating.

different shafts...

Redlite Xn10 is a standard-shaft

the R2 is tapered

I thought the redlites were the good ones, or at least got rave reviews here. no?

The Redlite XN10

They are VERY VERY good shafts. Nicest standard shaft on the market imho.

It's actually very simple to most people for the most part with the exception of a few SMUs.

OPS:

Original Response

Response Rubber

Response Plus

Response XN10

Adrenaline

Adrenaline Control

All discontinued (all above were made in north america)

Intrigue (low end) - first import model

Armor series - all import

Serious breakage problems with these models All discontinued

Current lineup (All import)

R2-R8, higher numbers are better and have similar paint jobs

The old R2 shafts have the same paint jobs as the original Response OPS and that makes it very easy to recognize them.

The Redlite XN10

They are VERY VERY good shafts. Nicest standard shaft on the market imho.

All of the XN10 stuff was amazing and is still unequaled in my opinion.