Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-MaN88

Wood Sticks?

last i heard, christian was still down.....the shop i work at ordered custom curves from christian right before they closed down...awesome blades they gave us..

are league is sponsored by sherwood and we might not be using shafts this year cause sherwood isnt going to do warranty on them anymore but we still might use shafts...so i might have to get woodsticks instead of just blades...are team just goes thru sherwood...we don't pay for our sticks...but you would probably have to go thru your lhs...and you probably have to order a dozen...but for the curve you want...give your lhs the blade you want your curve to be and just tell them what flex and lenght and color...If we don't use shafts...then I am getting my sticks black...as for cost...i am not to sure what it would be cause the league gets them for pretty cheap...but for you it would be worth it cause you will have your curve the way you want it all the time...no wasted time on curving it the way you want it all the time...

OCN doesn't have to worry about money, their loaded.

Honestly, I would go Flarrow rather then Sherwood. They are made in the same factory and basically the 5030 Flarrow is basically a 9050, and their customs are cheaper. Great guys to deal with too.

Are you sure SherWood is making Flarrow's sticks? Flarrow just bought the Christian name and stick plant, they were supposed to retool it and get it back up and running. Not sure if it's open yet, anyone know?

They had blades at the expo but I guess they could have been done in another location. Iwould think tehy would have the factory up and running by now, it has been quite a while since they took over.

Honestly, I would go Flarrow rather then Sherwood. They are made in the same factory and basically the 5030 Flarrow is basically a 9050, and their customs are cheaper. Great guys to deal with too.

Are you sure SherWood is making Flarrow's sticks? Flarrow just bought the Christian name and stick plant, they were supposed to retool it and get it back up and running. Not sure if it's open yet, anyone know?

They had blades at the expo but I guess they could have been done in another location. Iwould think tehy would have the factory up and running by now, it has been quite a while since they took over.

I thought Harrow bought Christian, no? :huh:

I am also tired of most OPS blades breaking or splitting. With the delay over at Innovative I am also back to wood sticks. I am done with Synergys & xn10s. Right now I am just playing Beer league Adult hockey, Pickup & teaching hockey lessons. With all the hacks out there at I may as well be using a woody. For you younger Travel players I can see going with the OPS, but for us old guys(Late 20's) who are decent, we can still get by with a Wood stick. I picked up a Wood Easton zcarbon 100 Drury. Not a bad stick at all. Decent feel & a nice Heel curve. I am still debating on Pro Forming a few more from Easton or going with an Sop from Sherwood. We are getting ready to do a fill in order from Sherwood for the shop so I will try to ask about a price for 12 SOP for those that are interested if your out in California.

Jeff

NorCal

Just wondering, but what range of flex is usually available in SR SOP's? I'd be using them too if it was possible to get some 75-80flex ones. when i used wood, the blades usually go before the shaft anyway.

If you got them custom, i dont think you can get custom flexes, i know they are available in 85 and 80. If you're going to go with sher-wood, then those are 2 flexes available in the 5030, i dont think they have a 75.

i used a 5030 sherwood for one club game and afer i looked down the shaft and after 3 slapshots and some snap/wrist shots the shaft was bent!!! WTF? i was disapointed. Have ne of u guys heard on muskoka? they have some nice wood sticks, i think they do custom sticks, not quite shure tho. just check out their web site muskokahockey.com The easton wood Z-carbons are good too. they arn't 100% wood which i like. also they have the comb. blade and the side strips of what looks to be some kind of "plastic like" material? (any one know what it is?).

although my LHS kinda over prices them, i still support them :D .

Visa Versa - Flarrow makes Sher-Wood. Identical sticks. If you get a chance compare the blades. Alot of goalies use their goal sticks too. When Cujo played in T.O. his "Bauer" was really a Flarrow with a pretty paintjob.

Correct. Harrow, not Flarrow is running the Christian plant.

www.startribune.com/stories/503/4359760.html

Eh, Harrow, Flarrow... Thanks for the correction.

i used a 5030 sherwood for one club game and afer i looked down the shaft and after 3 slapshots and some snap/wrist shots the shaft was bent!!! WTF? i was disapointed. Have ne of u guys heard on muskoka? they have some nice wood sticks, i think they do custom sticks, not quite shure tho. just check out their web site muskokahockey.com The easton wood Z-carbons are good too. they arn't 100% wood which i like. also they have the comb. blade and the side strips of what looks to be some kind of "plastic like" material? (any one know what it is?).

although my LHS kinda over prices them, i still support them :D .

haha, I was at my LHS with my cousin buying a blade, and he bought a sherwood stick(forget the model) and we got home and when i was looking at the curve, i notice the shaft was warped right where most people flex it, i guess that stick was flexed a few too many times.

Hey atomic, I'm in the Bay area, and somewhat interested in getting custom or retail Sherwoods, but I like a smooth mid curve, a la the Iginla, so tell me what's up...

stix04, thats what happened to me too. i guess its casue of the all wood shaft. on the other hand, my easton z-carbon has been used for 3 games so far its all good........guess it gets its good flex and consistency from the fiberglass side strips.

stix04, thats what happened to me too. i guess its casue of the all wood shaft. on the other hand, my easton z-carbon has been used for 3 games so far its all good........guess it gets its good flex and consistency from the fiberglass side strips.

When I was playing three times a week those didn't last a full week for me.

wow :o yea, ill be shure to order a 6 pack or something like that. i weigh slightly more than your team mate(5'5", 120lbs)