Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

estovlo2

Bauer 8000 cage

What is the difference between the Tru Vision cage that comes on the Bauer 8000 helmet and the Tru Vision cages from previous models? It costs a bit more and I can't figure out why.

It looks like there is also some kind of strap that fixes the chin cup in position (non-floating). Can anybody confirm this? Does anybody know if the 8000 chin cup will be available for sale by itself (sepparate from the cage) ? I am getting the Itech I2 cage, but I cannot stand the Itech chin cup, so I am going to have to have something else strapped in there.

i'm sure you can get it somewhere, maybe from Bauer directly...

You can never buy directly from the manufacturer.

Dude came in with the 8000 today. Bought it from 1800FACEOFF.com.

Love the fact that the helmet sizes smoothly. No need to yank on it anymore (5000)

i mean a shop having bauer sending them to the shop for him....sorry.

It won't be free, you would have to buy it and you would have to go through the shop. You just don't call most manufacturers and order things, that's why there are dealers.

oh, and JR, how did 1800faceoff get 8000s so quickly?

Because they buy a lot of them, big dealers get stuff first.

I'm not possitive, but wouldn't hockeymonkey or giant be a bigger bauer dealer than 1800faceoff.com, and doesn't perani's have something to do with 1800?

Thanks, because our shop usually recieves things about the same time as Perani's...so just wondering I NEED A NEW HELMET!

Thanks, because our shop usually recieves things about the same time as Perani's...so just wondering I NEED A NEW HELMET!

I think it's too late for a new helmet, the brain damage has already been done.

Is the helmet slimmer looking? My only two beefs with the 5000 were that it made your head look like a mushroom, and the gel pads eventually come off...

I don't think anything can compare to a properly fitted carbster (which I use) but how is it comfort wise? The little strappy-deal on the back of the neck bothers me.. I had a ccm helmet that had one of those and it was the most annoying piece of fluff I'd ever seen in a helmet, it was promptly ripped out.

Ok, Chadd, we just got new today that we have 50 of them coming early next week, so looks like the arrival of these helmets is coming sooner than most thought.

Ok, Chadd, we just got new today that we have 50 of them coming early next week, so looks like the arrival of these helmets is coming sooner than most thought.

They said June/July delivery at the expo.

It says the 8000 helmet allows for adjustment of the width, if this is true could it be adjusted to as wide as the CCMs?