Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

estovlo2

Bauer 8000 cage

Ok, Chadd, we just got new today that we have 50 of them coming early next week, so looks like the arrival of these helmets is coming sooner than most thought.

They said June/July delivery at the expo.

Bauer had told us it wouldn't be until August or September....now they are coming early next week..

Bauer misinformed us then...we had no indication they were coming until a day or two ago...other than that, we were expecting them for August.

8000jr.jpg

8000jr2.jpg

The fit's nice but I'm not too crazy about the square edges...would look better if it were rounded some.

The ventilation in the helmet is second to none...the shop's breezy and I felt it going through the helmet.

More of the head is covered. The 5000 just sits on top of your head and ends halfway down. If you can get over the looks, it's a helluva helmet. The gel padding is really comfortable.

The fun part is the side adjustment. When you make it tighter, it just locks your head in place.

I think this helmet is going to be a winner, if you can stand the looks.

I think this helmet is going to be a winner, if you can stand the looks.

That's kinda what I thought when the XX/XV gloves were introduced. I've gotten past the looks and they're just great gloves.

I think I'm going to get one, I play like 4/5 nights in a row and the old carbster gets pretty freaking nasty by night 3...

Thanks for the pics JR, now I have something to hang in my locker... ;)

cool, it looks kinda goofy on the back when you tighten that part, that's my only concern of the look, with a cage it looks much better in my opinion.

you only get one head, and i'd definately want it to be protected. It doesn't look that bad with a visor or a cage on it.

That's the ugliest helmet i've ever seen, but i bet it has very nice protection. I dont know if i could stand the look though.

They moved the Bauer logo on the front down. I like that better. I still then it's pretty ugly, and expensive, but I could get over it if its protection is really decent.

Offtopic : Does this have the "airbags" like the Nike helmet did?

I saw them at Great Skate the other day (not sure how many they had in stock). Really, an ugly-ass helmet, but as confortable on my head as the pillows I sleep on. The gel is really pretty soft, and doesn't feel like it will harden quite as much as the shit in the 5000s do. Personally, I believe that the protection and comfort of this helmet will FAR outweigh the God-awful look of the thing.

the chin strap is really cool..it's comfy and adjustable/removable. The helmet acually looks cool with a Jofa Cage on it...I have a picture of mine with my old, slightly too small cage on it. I'll post it later tonight.