Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Gear Sightings 2007/2008

He is talking about all those Finnish goalies using Vaughn gear. Might have something to do with the finnish importer being a goalie coach.

::m

Teppo Numminen owns Montreal Hockey, thats why alot of Finnish goalies use those sticks.

Toskala looks good in his RBK'd Heatons though.

Who is the Finnish goalie coach/Vaughn connection?

The finnish goalies use vaughn's because in my opinion they are the best butterfly pad currently made. I am seriously considering buying a set of V3's. I went to my LHS and tried on all of the major brands and I found that the vaughn's were not only the most comfortable, but they also had the best butterfly roll. I think that the best goalie in the NHL in my opinion (Kipper) by using the vaughn's should say something about how good they are compared to the rest.

Is Kipper the best? I think he's a great goalie but he's been having a rough season if you ask me. But i think Marty Brouduer has been the talk of the season. About that, he doesn't REALLY use a rbk pad does he?

The finnish goalies use vaughn's because in my opinion they are the best butterfly pad currently made.

So all the Finnish goalies call you up, and ask you what You like? Kipper may have had a great season or two, but doesn't necessarily vault him to the top of the charts. Remember what Rolly did with the Oil? Where is he now? Same with Wardo with the Canes. Is he great? sure. But I wouldn't put him up on that pedestal just yet. Everyone has their opinions on what pads are the best. If they didn't, Everyone would be using Vaughns, (IYO)

They're white, I know that much. But I want to see them. Apparently, someone revealed the old theory about white vs dark pads and how it may effect shooters.

My personal opinion is that at the pro level, these guys are too good to let things like a goalie's pad color effect them.

White pads aren't that great looking IMO, especially with dark jerseys. And after a few weeks they look all pucked up and scuffed.

The reason most goalies started using more white in their pads is because the color white makes them appear bigger in size. I had first hand experience with this myself. I had a set of pads that were one solid darker color then got a new set that were mostly white with some red striping and a lot of people were commenting on how big my new pads looked even though they were and inch more narrow than my old ones due to the NHL sizing I got