Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

Stealth S17

Got my toy drive, Drury 100. I'd really like a lower flex, this feels pretty stiff for being a 95 (per the flex rating on the top), more so than my 90 Ballistik and my 95 SL.

Using it for stick and puck in an hour, I'll leave feedback as to how it handles.

Got my toy drive, Drury 100. I'd really like a lower flex, this feels pretty stiff for being a 95 (per the flex rating on the top), more so than my 90 Ballistik and my 95 SL.

Using it for stick and puck in an hour, I'll leave feedback as to how it handles.

I requested the same stick via the Toy Drive... damn, I couldn't hold out anymore, and walked out of my shop with a Mission Fuel, and a Mission V-Hex today!!.... I'm literally addicted to Mission sticks, love 'em!

85 is not available yet.

I got my 85/grip/Iginla in today from the toy drive... Not big news, but yes the 85's are starting to come out.

you could specify your flex option for the toy drive sticks, other than that you have to wait until they become released to the public in spring

85 is not available yet.

I got my 85/grip/Iginla in today from the toy drive... Not big news, but yes the 85's are starting to come out.

Give a review when you can. I have been waiting for these to come out.... :) B)

I requested the same stick via the Toy Drive... damn, I couldn't hold out anymore, and walked out of my shop with a Mission Fuel, and a Mission V-Hex today!!.... I'm literally addicted to Mission sticks, love 'em!

Initial impression: Wow! I'm currently using a 70 flex AK-27/Lang that I've been doing very well with. This Drury is just money. My wristers were going strong and fast, I was lifting the puck well and the feel of the stick was phenomenal. I've never really used a super high-end stick, but this was pretty amazing. I'll see whether it was the pattern or the stick when I get my SE 85 Drury (hopefully soon) but the weight of the stick in my hands with the balance and everything was just feeling good.

I siwthced off of it when we started playing a little pickup after I got slashed in the stick a few times (I was slightly paranoid, trying to keep the S17 pristine as long as possible) so I dodn't use it for more than 20-30 shots, but they were just money. I did take a pretty hard shop and a hard shot to the shaft before switching and I can't find a single blemish.

I hope this is from a more recent run of the stick in which some durability issues were fixed, but there was no official word, just speculation after the stick went into backorder and the toy drive was delayed after some initial shipments.

Anyone have a 85 Drury S17 in new/like new condition they want to trade? LOL.

P.s. a dozen Labatt's after pond hockey is a good plan - and a bad one as soon as you try to use the internet.

Waiting on a few S17's myself so good to read shipments started again. Picked up a Pro Stock Vector yesterday when the UPS truck brought me no joy.

I haven't tried a good Mission stick, when you have time post in review section Anthony. I'm finally over some Mission skates that fell apart and considering buying a Mission sticks-not popular around here, never see them.

If this keeps up I'll need a golf bag for my sticks-starting to think I may have a problem.

Used my S17 tonight

100 Flex Sakic

I liked it, it felt great i am a big easton fan and my last stick i used a mac daddy and didnt like it at all, shots come off hard, blade feel is nice and stiff and it feels durable. its whippy tho really whippy probably whipper than my 85 mac daddy its great love it good investment but like Rust up there i am also paroniod because me seems always turn to shit on the 31st day. then warramty is over they never really break they jsut seems to turn to shit but i got game tommow, game monday , wed anf friday so this will be a good test to see the durabilty..... so far i am not regretting spending the 300$ for it :)

Oddly enough my toy drive stick has both serial # stickers, so I could forge a receipt pretty easily once the sticks hit full retail.

Anyone that has one of the first run retails- any noticeable features that might have changed? I'm seeing a slight line in the carbon where a traditional fuse point would be, but it doesn't look like there's anything more than a slight wrinkle.

The shaft shape is also really nice. I'm enjoying it pretty well right now.

It's probably the best feeling OPS as far as how it feels in your hands. Jury is still out on performance. I will comment when I get to use mine more.

The shop I get my skates sharpened at does the SRS stick repair service also. He said he's seen ALOT of them come in broken in the last 2 months including some broken by Peewees....

Oddly enough my toy drive stick has both serial # stickers, so I could forge a receipt pretty easily once the sticks hit full retail.

Sticks shipped to retailers are registered by serial number. Your forged receipt would not match up as Easton would show the serial number as a Toy Drive stick, or at the very least not a valid serial number for whichever retailer your receipt is from.

There are other reasons you shouldn't attempt this even if it was possible. Why not delete your post and I'll do same here.

Sticks shipped to retailers are registered by serial number. Your forged receipt would not match up as Easton would show the serial number as a Toy Drive stick, or at the very least not a valid serial number for whichever retailer your receipt is from.

There are other reasons you shouldn't attempt this even if it was possible. Why not delete your post and I'll do same here.

No it's cool. I'm not a proponent of stealing from these companies. I just thought it would be odd if they made it that easy after specifying explicitly that these sticks would have no warranty.

Now that I and everyone know they do a central registry of the SNs by store it will deter the less honest from attempting what I thought could be possible.

well technically i didnt pay 300 for it... my mom did :) but that was only cuz my mac daddy blade cracked and it was 279.99 plus tax, but all the good stick around here are... but i usually order off ebay or from people but i couldnt wait seeing as how i had a game... and i jsut love this stick really hope it lasts long :)

And then everyone bitches about how expensive these sticks are. Did anyone ever think about the FRAUD quotient that is built into the cost of these sticks?

I'm not a proponent of stealing from these companies.

Yeah. I wasn't suggesting anything about committing fraud myself, I just thought it was odd that both stickers were there. Some tricky little kid would chance himself a second one in a hurry if he thought he could get two S17s from the toy drive.

Good to know Easton is smarter than I am. :lol:

i just got to see one in person the other day, a team mate of mine shelled out the coin and got one. it has a real nice feel and is super lite

Yeah, you're right. I didn't really think much of it, just that it was really weird to have the sticker on there. If I thought of it, I'm sure there are more people that will and even a few that will try it.

Moot point though, anyone who reads my statement would also (presumably) read the following point that SNs are logged, and I assume the LHS helping you would find themselves in some sort of trouble.

I was trading emails with a guy from NBH warranty department and as soon as I started asking questions about fraud prevention I got a very curt reply that I assume meant "don't go there", so I suppose I should have figured that Easton would have a bunch of secret measures in place and pays no mind to having the receipt sticker on these sticks.

No, you aren't a proponent (allegedly), but, you certainly put it out there. :rolleyes: