Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

Stealth S17

I've used the CNT and the S17 and the CNT was far and away more durable. However, the S17 was far and away the better shooting stick.

Roughly two weeks in and my brother gets home from his game and his blade is mush, cementing what I was warned about beforehand. Now I guess he can experiment on making it a shaft but that's a pretty poor shelf-life.

Has durrability improved at all since the release?

Initial reports that I have heard are that the first batch came from the factory and Easton noticed their durability issues. A few calls, a bit of re-engineering of the processes in the factory, and they are back online producing sticks and with the subsequent batches the issues have been resolved.

I spoke with a LHS owner today and he told me he thought so, and hasn't seen any returns in quite a while. It's obviously possible they returned directly though, AFAIK you don't need to contact the retailer for that. I just don't trust this stick, I wouldn't buy it for $120 with what I've heard about it. It seems like Easton has another amazing idea, but with their standard poor execution in the first generation. Maybe in a year or so...

I must be in the minority with this stick. I've had two S17's since a little after the release date. I'm a small player, at 5' 8", and a defensemen, so hitting isn't a huge part of my game. I'm all stick work. Light hacks, huge hacks, etc... All the little annoying things that opposing forwards hate. Anyway, I've beaten and abused this stick like no other. And it has held up to everything. I must've gotten a really lucky pick in the two I got from totalhockey.net Would I pay the $220 to get a third, probably not. But I'll use these until they break, and at this rate, it's gonna be a while.

I've only had a couple pros and won't hold that against it, but I'm expecting a 110 Drury soon and will see how it holds up. I'm about as soft a forward as it gets so I'll see if it takes what little abuse I'll put into it.

got my warranty return stick yesterday and used it for warms ups last night. Today I decided ill use it in my game. Five minutes into the first, crack. Upper shaft. Both of mine broke at the shaft(one upper, one lower). I'm very disapointed with this stick, In my opinion, it blows,... alot.

I would not recomend this to any one unless they can pull money out of there ass.

p.s. sorry for all the typos, boxers fracture

That's what I'm saying. Most people think they fall apart if you look at them hard but I've heard like 1/3rd of people think they're EXTREMELY durable. I've never seen anything this extreme before. Maybe they substituted a diff. type of material at some point?

If anyone wants an awesome, light stick with kick that's also durable, you might wanna settle on a rbk 7k pro-lite til a new s17 model arrives...

Edit: I just read the new posts on the Easton S11, which will be the newest 2nd tier stealth model. It will weigh 515g and cost $120, it also shares the elliptical taper. Maybe the extra weight will mean extra durability...

I think once these break on me, I'll be in the market for some old 85 T-flex's. By far and away the best shaft I've ever used.

I think once these break on me, I'll be in the market for some old 85 T-flex's. By far and away the best shaft I've ever used.

Theres a Hockeyworld in London Ontario that has some old T-flexes, not sure of the flexes but thought I'd let ya know cause they'll be a hard find.

Roughly two weeks in and my brother gets home from his game and his blade is mush, cementing what I was warned about beforehand. Now I guess he can experiment on making it a shaft but that's a pretty poor shelf-life.

He may be playing more than me, but I'm about a month and a half in, and I'm hearing the crackling in the blade that usually means imminent demise. It's still decently stiff, just making a bit of noise. Let me know how the shaft turns out if he goes for that, because I may not be too far away from it.

As far as I know it's relegated to back-up duty and not all the way broke. Since no warranty applies I guess he just kept it for emergency only.

i heard on x92.9(one of my local radio stations)that easton is comming out with an s17 SE stick, they said that stick is gonna have logos and the name of a rock band on it. ( Sry cant recall the name right now when i think of it ill post it).

yea thats it I found an article on it:

ATREYU Puts Its Name On Hockey Stick - Feb. 5, 2008

The Pulse of Radio reports that ATREYU has become the first musical act to license its logo and name for a piece of sports equipment, according to FMQB.com. The group's brand appears on Easton's new Ellipse Stealth S17 limited-edition ATREYU hockey stick.

To promote the band's current single, "Falling Down", its record label, Hollywood Records, is staging radio contests in which fans can win autographed sticks and copies of the group's latest album, "Lead Sails Paper Anchor". One national grand prize winner will also score a trip for two to see ATREYU on the April 12 date of the Taste of Chaos tour in San Jose, California.

More info on the ATREYU hockey stick can be found on the Easton web site at Eastonhockey.com/S17.

The 43-date Taste of Chaos tour will begin on February 29 in Denver and is scheduled to last through mid-April. The bill will also feature AVENGED SEVENFOLD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and others.

ATREYU plans to reissue "Lead Sails Paper Anchor", which came out last summer, with bonus material including a new song and a DVD.

found a pic

http://images.radcity.net/5988/2382080.jpg

yea thats it I found an article on it:

ATREYU Puts Its Name On Hockey Stick - Feb. 5, 2008

The Pulse of Radio reports that ATREYU has become the first musical act to license its logo and name for a piece of sports equipment, according to FMQB.com. The group's brand appears on Easton's new Ellipse Stealth S17 limited-edition ATREYU hockey stick.

To promote the band's current single, "Falling Down", its record label, Hollywood Records, is staging radio contests in which fans can win autographed sticks and copies of the group's latest album, "Lead Sails Paper Anchor". One national grand prize winner will also score a trip for two to see ATREYU on the April 12 date of the Taste of Chaos tour in San Jose, California.

More info on the ATREYU hockey stick can be found on the Easton web site at Eastonhockey.com/S17.

The 43-date Taste of Chaos tour will begin on February 29 in Denver and is scheduled to last through mid-April. The bill will also feature AVENGED SEVENFOLD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and others.

ATREYU plans to reissue "Lead Sails Paper Anchor", which came out last summer, with bonus material including a new song and a DVD.

found a pic

http://images.radcity.net/5988/2382080.jpg

damn I'm good... haha. I'm kidding. I really like the graphic.

Like the graphic, the music is subpar though.

Much like the allstar game, seems like hockey and crappy music are starting a close relationship... we must stop this.

Still waiting for CCM to start using Soulja boy.

Versus (Daryl Reaugh or whatever his name is) was talking about it during the Predators' game, specifically Arnott's. Razor actually knew all the ins-outs of the different shape and its purpose so I give him credit. Only bad thing is there's actually curve on Arnott's now or I'd be a happy camper.

Zdeno Chara is using an s17 tonight against buffalo, just thought it was interesting since he's been on a strict AK-27 diet for a while now. then again, it may not be an s17, i didn't see a good shot of the part where the ellipse would be.

Zdeno Chara is using an s17 tonight against buffalo, just thought it was interesting since he's been on a strict AK-27 diet for a while now. then again, it may not be an s17, i didn't see a good shot of the part where the ellipse would be.

I was doing the same... once I spotted the Easton I slid forward on the couch towards the TV....I was thinking maybe the S17 shaft?