Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest 2048

MP3 players

They're paranoid about it being able to store data. Like I'm going to smuggle some data and put it between the Killers and Kanye.

Vapor--

If you've got it and tested it, tell me how that new iPod battery's going. I had mine charging overnight and it charged, then when I turn it on this morning it's at 3/4 or 5/6 full so I guess it's starting to go. This one's only 6mos old too.

been using my new ipod for a while now. Battery life seems very improved, and there is also is a color screen feature... but its not for active use... its definatley a nice upgrade, I would go with a 20 gig 4g ipod

I'm going to have to do something. This sumbitch was charging for 3 hours and said it was charged, then I grab it out of the dock and it's 1/4 full.

If you let it sit there for a bit it should go up to full, atleast thats how mine is.

Vapor, by color screen do you mean how the backlight glows blueish instead of white?

no... there using a new chip with this ipod, and it is a chip used in digi cameras. They give the ability for the ipod to display color (ala video), but this is just a rumor. If you go into diognostics mode (press action and menu, after you reset the machine, via menu and play) and play with the contrast, you can see there "color" screen.

If you let it sit there for a bit it should go up to full, atleast thats how mine is.

That's what I did. It got to the full battery "charged" screen and I let it sit till I needed it. Pull it from the dock and it's down to 1/4. Seems to be okay this morning though after I ran it in another outlet.

Whenever mine is fully "charged" it sometimes will go down to 1/4 or 1/2, but then it usually just goes back up to full. The one thing that pisses me off is that I think the backlight drains the battery. I just got a car charger for it though so that solves a lot of problems.

I have the backlight off and the "clicker" off as well in hopes to save it. I also turned off the EQ because I think that kills it as well. I wish mine would go back to full after it shows half, but I'll put it back on to charge and it charges.

I'd never left mine to charge overnight, but I did last night since it was taking so long. I wake up to the "Charged" screen still on the iPod, so it had sat on that screen for about 2-3 hours. Does that burn into the screen like it would for a TV? I kept it in the dock and never checked.

Me too, but if it's just laying around it's off and there's no worries. But that annoying battery symbol was full and on there for God knows how long. I'll check when I get home but I thought the bastard shut itself off it was inactive.

I let mine charge last night and when I checked it this afternoon the battery was fully charged but the screen was still on, and probably had been for many many hours.

Does that burn into the screen like it would for a TV? I kept it in the dock and never checked.

you cant ghost on an ipod. It dosent use a cathon ray tube (crt) to display the images, it uses liquid crystals. The reason crt screens ghost is because the images are rendered by millions of little electrons beating and beating the screen,s o if you stya on one thing, it will "ghost" an image, or burn it into the screen, but not with lcd or anythign liek that. Plasma screens are having soem issues though

Good call, I didn't see anything wrong with mine except it's still not showing a full bar when I'm done charging. Oh well.

This isn't looking too good. I reformatted my computer a few days ago, so I go to install iTunes. When I plug in my iPod it says "The software required for communicating with the iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the iPod's software". Anybody have any ideas? I've reinstalled iTunes a half a dozen times already, so I don't think thats the problem. I'm really hoping I don't have to format my iPod, that'd be a real bitch.