Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest 2048

MP3 players

my new ipod should be here on monday or tuesday. I am excited, longer battery, new click wheel, and a WHOLE millimeter thinner. MUST SUPPORT APPLE.

they are poly ion rechargale batteries.  Your iriver also holds, what, 12 songs?  The thing with memory card based players is that they hold nothing, I want my WHOLE collection, but not all people do, but thats one appeal of the ipod.  Also, mp3 cds, are well, I dont like them.  Your fumbling aroudn with hundreds of cds, you dont know whats on what, and you have to scan 1 by 1 to see what the song is, and you scratch them, and a hardrive based played is much simpler, esspecialy withb the apple fireware

My iRiver holds about 40 songs actually, and I don't even listen to them all. It's easy enough to change songs on it, so I just put songs on there that I know I will listen to. If I had an iPod, it would be a complete waste of money because I'd only listen to 25 of the songs on it. All of my friends who have them also only have around 30 songs on there, because that's all most people around here need/want. And the ones who want more, use a CD or MD player. Simple enough.

I was interested in MP3 players lately.I have no need for an ipod because I, like you, only listen to 30-40 songs at a time and the only time I listen to my CD player is at the gym and im not there long enough to hear 4000 songs...What does your Iriver look like? Is it similar to this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...=ILC-M107180402 Was the cost close-to-what best buy is listing?

http://www.millerpc.co.uk/shop/players/iRi...P_3xx_128MB.asp That is mine. I got it when that was their newest model. Now it is equivalent to the iFP-880 or iFP-780. The 880 is the same as what you posted except half the space and blue. Same with the 780, but it looks a little different. When I got mine, it was $140 at Best Buy but I got it on eBay for $95.

if your going to pay 180, spend a few extra and get a mini... there pretty... and you can have 1000 songs in your pocket

http://www.millerpc.co.uk/shop/players/iRi...P_3xx_128MB.asp That is mine. I got it when that was their newest model. Now it is equivalent to the iFP-880 or iFP-780. The 880 is the same as what you posted except half the space and blue. Same with the 780, but it looks a little different. When I got mine, it was $140 at Best Buy but I got it on eBay for $95.

About that. At least 70, prolly not 80. I wish I got a 256, just so I could have better quality songs. Right now they are all at 128 kbps, but I'd rather have 192. There isn't much difference I guess. If you have them all at 192, on the 256 MB one you should be able to get 45-50 songs at least.

128 is cd quality. Ipod minis rule, dont be jelous :). Oh god, there so pretty... brb gotta go to the bathroom

Now that I am back, let me elaborate... you dont need naythign encoded in 192 kbps. Cd quality is 128 or 160 max, anything above that is overkill and a waste of space. Even 96 is just below CD quality. 128 is like the jpeg of music, it has the perfect quality to size ratio. Now back to looking at the pretty minis

128 is CD quality, but most CDs have 192. Every song from a CD I've ripped onto my computer have been 192. 192 sounds much better also.

Yea I'm starting to wonder if Vapor actually uses his Mini iPod for the intended use, or for something else? :ph34r:

128 is CD quality, but most CDs have 192. Every song from a CD I've ripped onto my computer have been 192. 192 sounds much better also.

thats because the program you use to rip it, encodes the files in 192. It is the default, you cna set it to encode in anything you want EVEN 16 KBPS! YAY! 128 is the world wide standard for cd quality.

128 is CD quality, but most CDs have 192.  Every song from a CD I've ripped onto my computer have been 192.  192 sounds much better also.

thats because the program you use to rip it, encodes the files in 192. It is the default, you cna set it to encode in anything you want EVEN 16 KBPS! YAY! 128 is the world wide standard for cd quality.

Oh OK. My brother does most of the ripping, because most CDs are his. And they're all 192. But, I have listened to the same song, one in 192 and one in 128, right after each other, and the difference was amazing.

I've been using my iPod for the past few months. i got the 15 gig and i cant even fill up half of my memory with music i listen to. But overall, i love it, the battery hasnt been a problem, and i enjoy the fact that even though it's a mp3 like device, it still leaves the song holding quality sound.

i grabbed a sony minidisc player rather than an mp3 player and i couldnt be more happy. 5hrs of music on a disc, durable as hell as ive dropped mine more than its fair share, and battery life is AMAZING! i think its near 52 hrs from one AA battery. i know its no mp3 player here, but i'd recommend the mini disc player over the mp3

my problem is going threw all those songs trying to find one.... CLICK...NO...CLICK...NO...CLICK...YE...NO...CLICK

thats why you group them vapor, by bands or type of music or sumthing, so u can flip thru right quick

not even a user made playlist, the face that all the songs are arranged by artist, composer, genre, title, album, etc. So simple

Again I know its not an mp3, but i have a sony minidisc player and it is just awesome, so i second the minidisc player

How can you not like the 4th gen, they are thinner, have longer battery life, and have the awsome clickwheel, not to mention an updated firemwear. Superior in my opinion.

I said i didn't like the 4th gen. click wheel, not the entire thing.