Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GekigangarIII

New Mission protective equipment

So when can we expect to see some of the new mission protective equipment (shins/elbows etc.)? Is it going to be on the site soon or do we have any design pics to peruse? I'm DYING to replace my gear... come on Justin, give me an excuse!!!

I may be getting a pair of the M1s really soon. I'm having issues with my 500s and Jofa 8090s. It's too wide in the ankle area, and I am not able to get the skate to get snug in that area (I skate with the pad in the tongue). I've shaved off foam/plastic off the 8090s, but to no avail.

I will check with the guys who do the website...Stuff should be available in the next couple of months...Anyone remember the works Elbow? It back with improvements....Finally!!!

...Anyone remember the works Elbow? It back with improvements....Finally!!!

WOO! You am bein' the man! I had my works for almost 2 years before they rotted off.. Can't wait to see the stuff! What's funny is the works design was kinda weird at the time, now almost all the high end elbows are built on a similar model.

I will check with the guys who do the website...Stuff should be available in the next couple of months...Anyone remember the works Elbow? It back with improvements....Finally!!!

How does it compare to the matrix line of protective equipment. I have matrix shin pads an matrix elbow pads. I absolutley love them, and they were pretty affordable too.

Justin, I am a HUGE fan of the old Matrix shin pad, are they still available?

I will check with the guys who do the website...Stuff should be available in the next couple of months...Anyone remember the works Elbow?  It back with improvements....Finally!!!

Justin, I am a HUGE fan of the old Matrix shin pad, are they still available?

hockeygear.com still has them, thats where I picked mine up

I loved those shin pads when I was little. Then they got too wide for my liking. Hopefully over the next couple years you guys at Mission can make something along those same lines but a bit skinnier.

Im in the market for new protective gear. Currently its between the Easton Ultra Lite Shin and Elbow Pads or the Mission Matrix Shin and Elbow Pads. I play inline exclusively. Which are going to give me the best comfort, protection and durability?

Im in the market for new protective gear. Currently its between the Easton Ultra Lite Shin and Elbow Pads or the Mission Matrix Shin and Elbow Pads. I play inline exclusively. Which are going to give me the best comfort, protection and durability?

I have not used the Easton pads, but I absolutely love the matrix pads. I also play inline for the most part, they breath pretty well, but they are so damn comfortable, which is what I like about them.

I had been using Matrix shin pads for over two years and they were great. Only reason I didnt get a new pair was because I couldnt find any in my area and I was desperate for a new pair. I did switch back to Mission skates and gloves around the same time so Im still representing :)

To be honest, I think the Matrix Elbow is not that good...The shin is great and cheap, but the Elbow definitely needed work The new stuff is 1000x better...I think you guys will be pleased when you see it...

No new Carbster either....

Guest 2048
To be honest, I think the Matrix Elbow is not that good...The shin is great and cheap, but the Elbow definitely needed work The new stuff is 1000x better...I think you guys will be pleased when you see it...

No new Carbster either....

I agree. THe elbow was just horrible. It never stayed in place, had little protection and wasn't deep enough. Good for 10 bucks or whatever I paid, but I just ended up getting new ones a few months later.

Does anyone have a link to a pic of a black Carbster? I can't find none, not even of Carter with the Kings.