Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allegro

Pants for a tall fatty

Hey folks,

Very new player looking to use hockey as a main way to lose some weight.

I'm 6'5"-6'6" and clock in at about 320 at the moment. Jeans size is a 44/34 or 46/34 depending on mfgr. Yes, I am that no-mans-land of clothing.. the tall fatty. Joke away, I've heard it. :lol:

I've been slowly putting together gear and skating regularly and weight is starting to come off already.. but I'd like to start doing IP and working on hockey-related skills instead of just toodling counter-clockwise. Sure, I could wait until I lost some weight before starting to play, but if I have the choice between playing hockey and running on a treadmill..

I've picked up everything but pants and shoulderpads now... working on pants.

I ordered NBH XX Lite size XXL pants from hockeygiant and they unfortunately don't get over the legs. I'm happy to save them though as they seem to be nice pants and I'm sure they'll fit soon.

In doing some more research I found the Tackla pants that come in larger sizes. I went ahead and ordered size 58 (3XL) Tackla 2440 pants from a site called prohockeyequipment.com for about $100. ( http://www.prohockeyequipment.com/tac25hocpan.html )

However, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I should've done a bit more research as after finding some threads on here it made me think that I should've optioned to get the 'longer' (+2) models. However, I haven't seen these for sale online in my limited research.

Anyone have any advice? I'm not even sure how long they 'should' be, having never had a pair of hockey pants that fit me. :huh:

Let me know what you think - if I need to cancel this order the sooner the better ;)

I've got a pair of CCM 692LEs in XXL, they are waaay too big for me(that I'm trying to get rid of) but they measure about 26" from the bottom to the top. They are about 21" from the belt to the bottom of the pants. Hope the measurements help.

Ok, that's my first "small internet" moment in awhile. Being in IT, I've been using Internet stuff before the web was around - it doesn't take long to get the illusion that nobody'll ever be able to put 2 and 2 together and tie the "real" you to the "virtual" you. But it was pretty weird to call up the vendor I ordered my pants from and have him reference my forum post. :blink:

Anyway, the 2440s shipped on Wednesday and the gentleman I spoke to (sorry, didn't catch your name) noted that they fit pretty long so we'll see if they fit. If not, he said the 9000 may be available in a long cut and those aren't too much more expensive, so if the 2440s aren't long enough I'll give those a try.

It's a small internet after all :ph34r:

Hope you get all the weight off that your looking to lose allegro. I can't think of a better way to do it by playing a game you enjoy. Good luck in your goal. I'm very impressed by seeing you striving to better your health. Two of the most important things in life are health and family.

Gotta love how on the Tacklas, the size 58 is listed as "XXXL," and then the 60's are listed as "Super Huge" - this was as sensitive to the hockey pants fit concerns of the larger gentleman as they could possibly be?

I was just going to say good luck with hockey/getting in shape, but then I had to say that too.

Also wanted to say, way to go for getting out there and lacing 'em up..I have seriously gotten in so much better shape since I started skating and when I start my adult beginning hockey class in December I can only imagine how much better I will feel when I am pushed by someone else besides myself.

I am planning on building a lifelong passion not only for myself, but for my 6 year old son who is just starting out as well.

Good luck and keep your stick on the ice!

A bit of an update - I received the 2440 size 58s today and they seem to fit reasonably well. It's great to have a pair of pants I actually semi-wear properly.

I did go ahead and order the size 60s (yes, the super huge... lol) to see if they seem to fit any better, as the 58s are still a little bit tight around the waist and create a bit of "belly pooch". If the 60s fit better than I'll hang on to the 58s as they should fit great in a very short amount of time.

Thanks to everyone for their help and valuable suggestions in this and my other threads. Once I get some new skates next weekend I'm dying to get out there and pylon it up. :ph34r: