Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2008 NBH Catalogue

What happened to the new titanium cage they were supposed to be working on?

It's the 9500 cage.

It is not titanium - it is stainless steel.

Yeah, but at the Let's Play hockey show at the X last year the NBH employee (who seemed to know what he was talking about) specifically mentioned a Titanium cage they were working on. I guess I'll ask again this coming March.

I remember it being mentioned, but specifically made a mention of it NOT being Titanium, but nearly as light. I'd love to give the 9500 cage a try but since I don't wear my cage close the oval has an opposite effect and I see it more on the flat part, so personally I'm probably going with Itech.

I like the xxxx protective they seem nice and i have seen only the elbow live so far and i like the way the lower part of the elbow pad move.I know i am a gear addict who change very often but this might be the perfect elbow i was looking for.

Now correct me if im wrong JR but doesnt the One95 skate fit differently compared to the One90, meaning that if a person was a size 8 one90 theyd be a 8.5 one95. This is what I was told when we had our walk through a couple months ago

Now correct me if im wrong JR but doesnt the One95 skate fit differently compared to the One90, meaning that if a person was a size 8 one90 theyd be a 8.5 one95. This is what I was told when we had our walk through a couple months ago

NBH has corrected the sizing length issue of the ONE90 skate with the new ONE95. The ONE95 will match true to previous NBH sizing. During the skate seminar at the dealer meeting in October, they had a size 7 Vapor XXXX and a size 7 ONE95 boot sawed in half. The two halves of each model matched up perfectly together from the heel to the toe box to show how the sizes were now exactly the same between Vapor and Supreme.

BTW, for the shop guys, its always a learning tool to saw a boot in half and study the guts of the boot to see how its layered up in manufacturing. We recently cut a 7000 in half!

Btw if you look at the Hockey Canada page, all the players are wearing the 9500 and the XXXX gloves.

Btw if you look at the Hockey Canada page, all the players are wearing the 9500 and the XXXX gloves.

Noticed that. I don't know if I like the two tone helmet cascade idea.

I take it, with a XXXX shaft, there will be a XXXX blade launched alongside it, correct? I'd like to try out the DET blade sometime.

Yes, there will be a wood and composite XXXX blade along with the shaft.

im sure this has been mentioned but i couldnt find it, i heard theres some limited edition vapor 30 lite coming out im sorry if this has been posted but does anyone have any pictures or the thread link?

thanks

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008/NBH/NBH2008.pdf

Skates - This year Supreme got the update - the ONE95 replaces the ONE90. The AnaForm concept is providing an even better heat-mold fit than the ONE90 did. The quarter package has been changed as well - it is a composite material named ALIVE. LS2P is gone - the LS2.1 steel has been tweaked to fit a standard LS2 holder. More volume for more wrap over the foot, a white molded tongue for classiness, and a standard tendon guard, The ONE is no longer a standalone skate - the name and the technology has been carried down to the models underneath it.

The ONE75 ditches the ALIVE and goes to a tech mesh - essentially what was on the ONE90. Spec-wise it is essentially an ONE90 (save the liner). ONE55 also has some of the Anaform technology.

Helmets - Helmets remain unchanged, but the 9500 has been added. FXPP/VN hybrid -FXPP is the highest-grade EPP on the market. VN is used in thinner areas of the helmet for comfort. It also has a dual-injected shell (think hard shell in some spots, flexible in others) The foam is sprayed with a material which is cool to the touch. Dri-fit also in the helmet.

Sticks - Unchanged, holiday sticks carry over, and XXXX Stick'um and XXXX shaft added.

Gloves - Supreme unchanged, Vapor finally gets an update after 3 years. The XXXX Pro is nylon with a nash palm. The XXXX has a dual layer nash palm with an absorb pad on the corner of the palm, as well as an adjustable cuff. The Vapor line is slimmer in the hand but still flexible for motion.

Protective - The Vapor line is new for 2008. The pants feature an adjustable spine pad and a Nike Air unit in the back. Very stretchy and ventilated. The XXXX Core Pad is essentially a stripped-down pant with a girdle-like lower half.

The Supreme protective is unchanged, however, the Vapor line is new. Very flexible in the arms/shoulder area, solid front plate and well-vented (shoulder caps are also vented). It also has an interesting strapping system - you can bring it closer to your body by re-routing the straps through cut-out loops. Not only that, but there is a lacing system inside the shoulder pad, in the sternum area. It is a drawstring - you pull on it and it pulls it closer to your body. Very cool feature. Elbow pad has the Vent Armor (which was introduced with Supreme) with memory foam and a segmented bicep pad. The shins have the same strapping system that is on Supreme, but with a wrap strap on the bottom of the leg. Flexible knee cap.

Lightspeed line is replaced by Defender. Europe only, sorry.

**edited pdf, now full catalogue (sticks, goal) and protective section is fixed**

Does anyone know when the supreme one95 skates come out?

I noticed that they re-structured the 4500 Facemask. A new finish on the wire and different cage structure on the side. Hopefully shops start stocking this soon.

I take it, with a XXXX shaft, there will be a XXXX blade launched alongside it, correct? I'd like to try out the DET blade sometime.

Yes, there will be a wood and composite XXXX blade along with the shaft.

Correct me if I am wrong. The xxxx shaft taper is different then the OPS?

I'm using the xxx-lite shaft now, any key difference between that and the xxxx?

Can't wait to check out the Vapor protective.