Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey is life...

TPS R10

Has anyone heard of a smaller shaft version of a senior response being released. I have heard it is supposed to be a senior stick but an intermediate-ish shaft for those with smaller hands. Not sure what sticks and flex will have this feature but it's definitely an interesting move.

I can't help but wonder why no company has offered senior sticks in a shorter length. I would love to use a senior stick and flex, except cutting off 5 inches does not bode well for retaining flex. Then you move down to intermediate where you don't have to cut the sticks down all that much and they are too whippy.

That's why you just buy something senior sized and whippy to cut down. A company won't make a short shaft in say, 85 flex, when that can be made from maybe a 100 flex shaft. They count on people having saws.

Assuming you mean a shorter 100 can be made from cutting down an 85, I see what you are saying. What I'm talking about is wanting to use an 85, but having it stiffen up to about 100 and losing all the whip.

For a lot of companies its 85 or int 65. Sherwood, Warrior, and CCM have 75s that seem to be about near 85s and when cut down its gets worse. Even Bauer 77's can seem stiff, although their consistency seems to be sub-par. I've had three different bauer sticks in 77 flex. One felt like quite whippy while the other two did not. The TPS whip flex has been the only stick that seems to work out when cut down.

Now I realize it's difficult to tailor to such a specific group and size of player. It's just a bit frustrating being stuck in the middle.

That's exactly what I meant and I don't know why more companies don't offer 70ish flexes in Sr. shafts. If you want a tapered, Easton has Sr. Synergy II shafts at 70 flex and you can go from there.

Has anyone heard of a smaller shaft version of a senior response being released. I have heard it is supposed to be a senior stick but an intermediate-ish shaft for those with smaller hands. Not sure what sticks and flex will have this feature but it's definitely an interesting move.

I can't help but wonder why no company has offered senior sticks in a shorter length. I would love to use a senior stick and flex, except cutting off 5 inches does not bode well for retaining flex. Then you move down to intermediate where you don't have to cut the sticks down all that much and they are too whippy.

1. That's a lot of investment for a small portion of the market. It's not like the Easton Cyclone sold well and that fits your desription pretty well.

2. TPS has made whip flex sticks for years, it's a senior stick at a 70ish flex and exactly what you're asking for in the second part. An Oggie grip will help you regain some of the flex lost by cutting down a stick.

1. That's a lot of investment for a small portion of the market. It's not like the Easton Cyclone sold well and that fits your desription pretty well.

2. TPS has made whip flex sticks for years, it's a senior stick at a 70ish flex and exactly what you're asking for in the second part. An Oggie grip will help you regain some of the flex lost by cutting down a stick.

Yes thanks for the advice on the TPS and I have been most happy with those sticks. That is why I mentioned them.

Im just surprised that TPS as a company will gamble making a Senior stick(length and flex) with a smaller girth. Very interesting move. Anyone have more information or care to comment on this?

True, but once you start having things produced in China knockoffs start appearing all over the place.

They (TPS) already own different size mandrels, so, the investment has long been made.

Knockoffs? I don't quite understand.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "the sticks are made in the same factory as X and it's made exactly the same as their Y stick" when I was at the show I would have paid for my trip.

Knockoffs? I don't quite understand.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "the sticks are made in the same factory as X and it's made exactly the same as their Y stick" when I was at the show I would have paid for my trip.

Happens even more with electronics, they sometimes even go so far as to keep branding it as the product they are ripping off. Dirty business

Well, the Compro sticks I have seen have looked no better than the TPS Intrigue stick, so, if that is their idea of a high performance stick, then good luck. :o

Compro uses an old plant TPS used to make their sticks.

The Compro that was sent to myself (and TBL at the same time) looked pretty good to me. The only disapointing factor with regards to the stick was the durability of the paint. Personally....I could care less as I beat the snot out of all of my sticks. The paint durability was on par with the Vapor/One90 series.

I can only imagine that SRI is talking about the previous evolution. But again remember that I barely wanted to try the E2X because of their previous sticks, it was a complete shock that the stick was quality.

Do you know if TPS will be making specific color schemes for different patterns such as with the R8? Just kind of curious to see if they'll continue it. I thought it was kind of cool.

The color schemes for the R10 will be based on the flex rating.

Whip is accented in light blue (like my pics)

Regular is accented in a light green.

Stiff is accented in silver.

The same color scheme will be true for the new R6PTC (Power Transfer Channel), but the colors being consistent with the curves will continue with the R8, R4, and new R1.

Cool, I like how TPS is being sort of unique with the colors of their sticks. Usually there is the set colors for the grip version and the non grip version, but I like how they change it up with different colors depending on grip or curve.

The colors are nice BUT they also feed into TPS's major issue in the market right now: confusion over the stick's performance bracket from model to model. At this point it'd probably be in their best interest to have one color from model to model and then special edition runs for other colors.

Good point, there could be some confusion over the sticks performance bracket, because a lot of them do look very similar. I was just giving TPS some kudos for being unique with their different colorways.

The colors are nice BUT they also feed into TPS's major issue in the market right now: confusion over the stick's performance bracket from model to model. At this point it'd probably be in their best interest to have one color from model to model and then special edition runs for other colors.

I'll agree with you on their color schemes looking consistent from their top of the line sticks, to the bottom of the line (as I thumb through the 2008 catalog). However, I think that now TPS has finally been able to accurately convey their top of the line models vs their lower lines via the higher numbers (R10, R8) increasing performance.