Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey is life...

TPS R10

XN10....MMMMMMM (cleaning the dribble of drool from the corner of my mouth)

Lol. I loved the XN10. My LHS has some they are still trying to get rid of.

What kind of prices are we talking here?

+1 Mine is about shot and it seems like Chadd had the last new ones on the face of the planet.

Used a brand spanking new one last night and scored the prettiest goal I've ever had.

:angry: I can only hope mine last another few months. Near the bottom of the shaft is all sliced up from battling in fornt of the net.

Ok, here's the scoop.

1. Nash is using the new R8, not the R10

2. They don't use XN10 anymore, they have other materials that are just as light with increased durability

3. They shaved a significant amount of weight by not fully painting the sticks

4. PTC will be featured on the R10, R6 and R2 those sticks will also have three flex zones

5. R8, R4, R1 will not have PTC and will not have the multiple flex zones

6. Stoll pattern will be added

7. New Summit gloves, tighter fit than Response series (I think the tighter fit would logically be the Response but what do I know?)

8. Protective has been updated

10. R10 elbow pad is NHL approved, has 1/2 inch of covered foam

11. All new bags including one with shelfs and looks like a locker on wheels

12. New Summit goal with 25% weight reduction

I'm hoping the R10s won't have the ridiculous Grip Zone that turned me off of the R8s.

I was surprised at how little that actually bothered me. Then again I have been using pro stock Eagles with slick palms.

What is meant by three flex zones exactly? Chadd can you break it down for me?

Zach

Three areas with different stiffness in one shaft. Regular flex will be:

75 at the bottom for easy loading on wristers

90 in the middle for more pop on slappers

100 at the top

Thats interesting....do you know if they also offer them in just one consistent flex...or only in this three flex zone variant.

Zach

Ok, here's the scoop.

1. Nash is using the new R8, not the R10

2. They don't use XN10 anymore, they have other materials that are just as light with increased durability

3. They shaved a significant amount of weight by not fully painting the sticks

4. PTC will be featured on the R10, R6 and R2 those sticks will also have three flex zones

5. R8, R4, R1 will not have PTC and will not have the multiple flex zones

6. Stoll pattern will be added

7. New Summit gloves, tighter fit than Response series (I think the tighter fit would logically be the Response but what do I know?)

8. Protective has been updated

10. R10 elbow pad is NHL approved, has 1/2 inch of covered foam

11. All new bags including one with shelfs and looks like a locker on wheels

12. New Summit goal with 25% weight reduction

Right...but at that point are they the same sticks as the lower model, but just with the three flex zones?

Zach

If the shaft construction is completely different, they can't possibly be the same. There are two parts to an OPS the shaft and the blade, change the design and engineering of the shaft entirely and it isn't the same anymore.

Ok, well I think I understand what youre getting at. The idea sounds interesting, but how would the properties of the flex be changed with cutting the shaft? Seems like a pretty cool idea, but who knows for sure.

Zach

Three areas with different stiffness in one shaft. Regular flex will be:

75 at the bottom for easy loading on wristers

90 in the middle for more pop on slappers

100 at the top

This sounds great. I am anxious to see this in a shaft version. I am missing using my Response and am excited to maybe get back with TPS. Thanks for the info

That's actually sounds like a great idea, I'm looking forward to hearing peoples first impressions when the r10's hit the market.

Btw didn't Fury have a similar (variable) flex system in some of their sticks, but all it did was make them feel weird?

Well, where would that leave the new R8 or the R10? I see two situations: either the R8 stays put, and the R10 costs more than the R8 does now, or the R8 falls between the R10 and R6 with the R10 taking the R8's current $200+ price point.

Well, where would that leave the new R8 or the R10? I see two situations: either the R8 stays put, and the R10 costs more than the R8 does now, or the R8 falls between the R10 and R6 with the R10 taking the R8's current $200+ price point.

Hmmmm. You don't say... :rolleyes:

Hmmmm. You don't say... :rolleyes:

The R10 would probably be $299 Canadian know that I think of it, like what the adrenaline was.