Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom351

Closed Toe Curve?

I've been re-curving a wood blade into a toe-curve and right now it has a closed face. I don't recall ever seeing a closed toe curve blade on the market. Would this be an awful curve?

I can't get pics right now, I'll try to get some tommorow. Basically, it looks like a Nash with no loft and less mid in "mid-toe"

Actually speaking of closed toes i've come across a couple of LH Lapointe (Claude probably) Quest OPS that look exactly like Koivu's curve. Nice closed toe. It's a 220 flex. If any of you want it PM me and we'll talk.

The laporte custom z carbon curve was a close toe. The curve was about 6 inches, so it was illegal by an inch or 5, but it was a hook. Great for toepulls, and wristers, if you get the puck between that wedge, it flys

The laporte custom z carbon curve was a close toe.  The curve was about 6 inches, so it was illegal by an inch or 5, but it was a hook.  Great for toepulls, and wristers, if you get the puck between that wedge, it flys

I must assume your last name is Laporte then. Because no one else on this planet could use that shit. :P

EDIT: I saw those pics you posted when you had it, DAMN.

i know were talking about closed toes, but at the play it again sports by my house they bought a few sticks from the senators, and are selling them, the hossa xx, has the most open toe ever, its basically straight until like 4 inches before the toe, then it just open ups and hooks like crazy, it looks like a pretty sweet curve