Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Cloverfield

All right, most of us had seen the little teasers and whatnot and though intrigued, I wasn't sold on wanting to see this. Then I read Neill Cumpston's (Patton Oswalt) review and I'm sold, if only to have an image to put with the words:

The movie starts off really shitty though, with all this stuff about a young couple that’s in love, and she’s hot and he’s hot and I’m all like, “Who’s filming the Ambercrombie and Fitch catalogue?”

But then it’s like the movie heard you calling it a pussy so it puts on its dick-stomping boots and then surprises your dick with a punch from a fist wearing a cock-punch glove.

The monster RIPS THE LIVING SHIT out of the city, and everyone in its path. It’s like the Iraq War and Hurricane Katrina and Kathy Griffin’s vagina combined and turned into a giant murder-beast and it’s hungry for every hip person in Manhattan.
everyone that’s getting eaten are like characters you see in those annoying movies that are always on IFC and Fagdance. Movies with titles like Thinkin’ ‘Bout Being Sad and Zoe Gets a Latte and 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath and a Whole Bunch of Cock-fucks Running Their Mouths.
this movie is like a pussy that eats YOU out.

It's not bad-looking and from the people who do "Lost" so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Trailer (first one) begins with someone videotaping someone's going away party, then people rush out because something is destroying NYC. Everyone runs to the streets and then you see a ball of fire come at them and then it shows that it's the Statue of Liberty's head. It's apparently mostly shown in the shaky-cam in a Blair Witch style about it being retrieved footage.

sounds pretty cool, but that reviewer seems to just be ripping off maddox's style of writing.

I want to see the movie without hearing from anybody what it's like or what it's about. From seeing the two trailers so far basically I have no idea how it's not going to just be a rip off of godzilla (giant monster destroys NYC), but I'm excited to see if they can come up with something really awesome that I haven't even thought of.

I can't wait for this movie. Ever since i saw the trailer i've been very curious about it. If you go to the Cloverfield site they show you the 1st 5 minutes of the movie. I'm all about watching hipsters getting eaten by monsters.

Ive been looking at all the background viral clues since it came out and this movie will be KICKASS. I guess you could say that I have been following this like Mack has been following BMTDK. Go to the link I posted below if your interested on the background clues that have been discovered and the background for the movie. I seriously cannot wait for this movie. Been waiting since July for this. Only 24 days until Cloverfeild!

www.1-18-08news.com/forum

sorry for the doublepost, but i just love the depth of the viral marketing involved. all these 'sites' like slusho.jp tagruato.jp tidowave.com and the myspace profiles and others. I think that all the extras are gonna just enhance watching the actual movie, giving basically an entire backround of the basis for the movie, and lets you get more out of the movie. I cant wait!

edit: where can you see the fist 5 minutes of the movie? all i can find are trailers and teasers

mrusse-

It's Patton Oswalt, who's A) funny, unlike Maddox and B) Been around a lot longer than Maddox.

I stand corrected then, I guess maddox ripped him off. I'll have to check him out.

Maddox used to be pretty funny though, but then again I enjoy Bill Simmons' work as well and most people think he's a douche bag.

I used to like Bill Simmons as well but then realised all his articles were basically the same. I can't fault him for it though, I think that's how all guys are who write about sports with some comic relief in there.

for those really into the viral marketing of it, video 6 just added on jamieandteddy.com (password jllovesth)

why does it seem so far away... at this point i dont see it possible for me to be disappointed no matter what.

for those really into the viral marketing of it, video 6 just added on jamieandteddy.com (password jllovesth)

why does it seem so far away... at this point i dont see it possible for me to be disappointed no matter what.

Just imagine the ones, like me, who have been expecting this movie since Transformer came out in the theaters'.

yeah, i agree. i saw that a while back. It may look coller if it is crushing the crap out of new york. But there has been several theories of what it looks like (godzilla, cthulu, lobster, even a lion :ph34r: ) but this one does seem the most credible of them all, but i hope its not.

Although i do like the "moster louses" :D

Lots of action yes.

But remeber that it was a low budget film having NO big stars. January also means little to no competition against large budget films. basically guarenteeing a huge opening weekend, as nobody will have anything else to see...

might be a smart move

Good marketing, which makes me a little doubtful about how good it is. I'll still try and catch it, but it sounds like a lack of faith in what they actually have. I agree that it won't be going up against anything since Jan/Feb are dead months.

yeah, i agree. i saw that a while back. It may look coller if it is crushing the crap out of new york. But there has been several theories of what it looks like (godzilla, cthulu, lobster, even a lion :ph34r: ) but this one does seem the most credible of them all, but i hope its not.

Although i do like the "moster louses" :D

No lobster, possibly a mutated whale like creature. The lion thing was a joke. Matt Reeves (Director) was intereviewed and confirmed that there was no lion. The lion concept was based off of a line in one of the teasers where Hud says "Rob, Rob, I saw it it's "alive". The "alive" was misinterpreted by some as "lion".

Newest commercial... I CANT WAIT for this movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qm3xQkr4Ow...s.blogspot.com/

No lobster, possibly a mutated whale like creature. The lion thing was a joke. Matt Reeves (Director) was intereviewed and confirmed that there was no lion. The lion concept was based off of a line in one of the teasers where Hud says "Rob, Rob, I saw it it's "alive". The "alive" was misinterpreted by some as "lion".

Yeah it was funny the people who actually believed it to be a lion, even goin as far as analyzing it with computers to determine what it was. I agree that it will probably be a mutated whale creature. But if ya keep up with the virals, i think it may be just an unknown natural creature. The deep sea drilling, and the "event" that went bad according to TIDOwave, may have awoken a beast, possibly following sea bed nectar being removed. Also new sonar images were posted after "the whistle blower" sent them out in the latest emails showing something mysterious.

th_lion.jpg