Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

Oh, I see. Thanks. Would they get rings if Montreal were to win?

The six players wouldn't...not sure about the coaches. You'd have to ask Mr. Gillet *L*

The six players wouldn't...not sure about the coaches. You'd have to ask Mr. Gillet *L*

Which is who?

Which is who?

He owns the Habs...

hopefully the 6 can show some of the guys some heart in the practices and give a little extra inspiration. Carb, Muller, Jarvis and the rest of the vet's have to get the message through somehow on just what to expect in a game 7, especially at the Bell centre...and people thought last night's UFC card was loud..

Radio do you know what happened with Locke? I thought he had been called up....

Locke was called up 2 times this year...the first time his gear didn't make it in time for a game in NY...and he played once at home. He's UFA at the end of the year...so by not bringing him up now, Montreal is probably saying that he won't be back next year. Same goes for Milroy & Cote...Danis is also UFA....I'm kinda surprised he went up.

Locke was called up 2 times this year...the first time his gear didn't make it in time for a game in NY...and he played once at home. He's UFA at the end of the year...so by not bringing him up now, Montreal is probably saying that he won't be back next year. Same goes for Milroy & Cote...Danis is also UFA....I'm kinda surprised he went up.

If Montreal doesn;t resign Corey Locke, they are just shit stupid.(No offence to any Habs fans)! He is a great minor league player, and I gaurentee anybody would take him for their MINOR league club!

If Montreal doesn;t resign Corey Locke, they are just shit stupid.(No offence to any Habs fans)! He is a great minor league player, and I gaurentee anybody would take him for their MINOR league club!

If that is the case, Andluer should sign him for the Bulldogs (Apparently he will be able to sign some vets again this year). NHL teams aren't going to spend money on players that will never play in the NHL. Corey's a GREAT AHLer...but I doubt he'll ever be anything more than that.

If that is the case, Andluer should sign him for the Bulldogs (Apparently he will be able to sign some vets again this year). NHL teams aren't going to spend money on players that will never play in the NHL. Corey's a GREAT AHLer...but I doubt he'll ever be anything more than that.

You are bang on! He will never have much of an NHL career. Size screwed him over. But the thing is, does he want to resign with a team who doesn't want him. He is from Toronto, could we see him driving down the 401 to a new team next year. Wouldn' put it out of the picture!

I think someone who had a great Junior career and AHL career could do something in the NHL..with time. I don't think size is huge in the NHL anymore with the new rules, that being said I don't think the Habs are in a building mind set anymore at the NHL level so it just may not be with this club.

I know about that but Im talking about the 5-6 players they just called up, I thought Locke was one of them, at least I read that somewhere when it first happened but I guess Trotter replaced him?

I know about that but Im talking about the 5-6 players they just called up, I thought Locke was one of them, at least I read that somewhere when it first happened but I guess Trotter replaced him?

Oh, I didn't hear Locke's name in this recent batch at all.

Back in the day, when the Habs wore Centre Ice practice jereseys, like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270217424571

Did they have names and numbers on the back during practice, and if so....was it a plain white number or the 2 color from a regular red jersey. I kinda want to get this done up...but only if the team wore them that way....can't find any old practice pictures to go from.

Does anyone remember?

Only times they wear numbers on practice jerseys are in training camp and it's an one-color job. During season practice, colors designate lines and/or injuries.

Only times they wear numbers on practice jerseys are in training camp. During season practice, colors designate lines and/or injuries.

I know I've seen more recent pictures of players with numbers...but I wasn't sure if that was just a camp thing...or all the time.

Thanks.

Actually no number on back :)

The google I saw had a jersey with a number but no nameplate...hence, No Name On Back...maybe it should be:

NNONOB

No Name Or Number On Back!

So the season's over, they have a core group of young players that will be coming back and things look optimistic. I wonder what everyone's opinions are about what they need to improve going into their huge centennial season. I personally think they need to get one or two bigger bodies upfront to skate with the bigger clubs like Philly. I also think that if they're going to continue with Price as their guy (which is a good choice imo) they should maybe do a 1 for 1 swap with Halak, getting a veteran with experience to back him up. I have nothing against Halak but if he's going to be a number 2 guy, he would be more suited elsewhere, and as for the more experienced back-up, no one comes to mind at the moment but I think it would be a better help in the progression of Price. I'm not sure Price is ready for a 70 game season, ala Brodeur or Luongo, and having a 50/30 split wouldn't be bad and Halak could do it, but again I just think a mentor role for someone else could be effective on Price as well. I don't see Ryder returning, and hope he finds a place to play if he does not, he's a UFA so I'm not sure he could get much as far as a trade, and maybe a Grabovski can find a place in the lineup, but I'm not sure how they'll do it but they need size to get past the second round.

I'd be surprised to see them all go if it weren't so close to them, good for the kids to go and Koivu a chance to play with his brother