Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

I like how Cherry applauded McCabe for "showing up" but didn't show the slash and spear on the rookie to entice him to fight. I'm not going to fault Stewart for throwing a check with 5 seconds left. That's the role that got him here...if he had pulled up on that play someone (maybe not kosy) would be giving him shit for that.

How could anyone give him shit for not laying a hit in that circumstance? I understand that Stewart has to go out and make an impression (which he did, he had a good game). But does you really think that Guy and his staff are going keep him up, play him more, or anything else positive for him at this point in his career because of that meaningless hit? If it were Jeremy Williams who had hit Markov with a minute left, it isn't like he would get another look just because of that. That hit had nothing to do with the game at that point.

Did anyone see what started the Tucker/Georges fight? CBC never showed a replay.

I like how Cherry applauded McCabe for "showing up" but didn't show the slash and spear on the rookie to entice him to fight. I'm not going to fault Stewart for throwing a check with 5 seconds left. That's the role that got him here...if he had pulled up on that play someone (maybe not kosy) would be giving him shit for that.

How could anyone give him shit for not laying a hit in that circumstance? I understand that Stewart has to go out and make an impression (which he did, he had a good game). But does you really think that Guy and his staff are going keep him up, play him more, or anything else positive for him at this point in his career because of that meaningless hit? If it were Jeremy Williams who had hit Markov with a minute left, it isn't like he would get another look just because of that. That hit had nothing to do with the game at that point.

Did anyone see what started the Tucker/Georges fight? CBC never showed a replay.

You play from 60:00 to 00:00. If you can hit a guy at 59:30 you should...if you can hit a guy at 00:05 you should. McCabe's reaction to the hit was shit. The Habs have lacked muscle/toughness for years. They finally have some guys (Kostopolous/O'Byrne/Komisarek, now Stewart) who will hit and fight. I think if there is a series that looks like it could be ugly, Guy might dress Stewart in place of Ryder/Grabovski for a game or 2.

No, I didn't see what started the Gorges/Tucker fight.

Did you see Blake and a fan get into it at the end? And (according to RDS) McCabe was flipping off fans as he left the tunnel.

In any other game of the year I'd agree with you that you play until the horn. But look at the Washington game (don't know if you saw that). Their players quit and started celebrating with at least five seconds left. They understood that there was nothing left in the game (as did everyone else on the ice in the Habs/Leafs game). How would you feel if a Leaf took a run at a Hab with two seconds left and hurt him? Obviously that is not what happened in this game, but I think it illustrates my point.

I saw the Blake thing from the CBC feed. Watched it twice and couldn't see anything really, but there was obviously something going on. A fan probably said something and he probably reacted to it. And I don't doubt that McCabe flipped off fans. Again, not condoning either of these two, but I'm not shocked at how it happened. As a fan it at least lets me know that they aren't happy with what happened this year, and they were two who throughout the season I had questioned their heart.

How would you feel if a Leaf took a run at a Hab with two seconds left and hurt him? Obviously that is not what happened in this game, but I think it illustrates my point.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective and who is doing what to whom...but I see your point.

Actually, I'm surprised the 3rd wasn't uglier...I expected a few more shots (not cheap...but hard hits) from the Leafs tonight. Leave sending a message as it were. The score not withstanding...they played hard and threw some hits against the Sens Thurs. They looked dead tonight.

Either way I was glad to see the intensity of the game, gave the fans a great show..unlike the no hitter in Vancouver. I think the Habs will be doubted from game 1 of the playoffs as far as grit goes but thats just because their big guys can skate and make plays happen. I wouldn't doubt for a second if players like Latendresse need to be physical they will. Even tho it doesnt matter as far as who they play, I'll be cheering for Philly today so they can hold onto top spot. An all Pennsylvania series would be intersting as well

Anyone else watch Hockeycentral on sportsnet? I know I'm biased but what do the Habs have to do to get some credit? They come out hitting in game one and all Garrett has to say is "they won't do it again" at least ducky came out and said "give them a compliment and take one right back" and Kypreos actually stould up for them but I just get sick of hearing how the Habs are too small from Garett and Waters..I guess they'll just have to go 15-0 against the B's and win another series to shut em' up. Then again I guess I should expect it by now after living in Leaf land all my life

pretty kool perspective on the habs playoff run..

[link removed]

Not funny, when you got something important to do or typed a big text and its all gone. Disapreesh. :angry:

Koivu is back in the lineup tonight.

very good news, get the captain back, Higgins can go back to his natural position and Kovy doesn't have to wear the C (was no biggie to me but possibly less pressure..?) Hopefully he can log some decent minutes, anyone know who's out in this case?

Koivu is back in the lineup tonight.

very good news, get the captain back, Higgins can go back to his natural position and Kovy doesn't have to wear the C (was no biggie to me but possibly less pressure..?) Hopefully he can log some decent minutes, anyone know who's out in this case?

I'd suspect Dandenault to sit or maybe Lappiere, and O'Byrne on D for Boullion. If Streit plays as well...Dandy and Lappy could sit.

oh Boullion is back as well, thats good news too..what about Ryder?

Yeah, I forgot about him...(which has been easy with his play for most of the year). He's scratched, along with Latendresse. O'Byrne sits on D.

Well Higgins definitely did play better back on the wing and Koivu helped more than ever, especially on draws. The 2 Kostitsyns and Kovalev have to find their next level like everyone else in the playoffs, just not cutting it. I'm not feeling so confident anymore

That's an impressive amount of AHL grads from 1 team. As far as the 6 called up to Montreal...they're practice players. They won't see the ice regardless of the problems Montreal ha shown in this series.

What about the coaches?

Extra bodies to help in practices....work with players coming off injuries. Before Koivu's return...eh wasn't skating with the full club...he was skating with the Bulldogs players and doing drills with the coaches to test his foot.