Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

They looked aweful yeah but it was a typical Habs vs Sens game...at least one lucky goal by the Sens that kills the momentum of the game like every other game they play against each other. How that wasn' called a high stick is beyond me but...it's typical.

Puck kept jumping over our sticks, etc...I'm just glad the game's over. it was very frustrating to watch.

They looked aweful yeah but it was a typical Habs vs Sens game...at least one lucky goal by the Sens that kills the momentum of the game like every other game they play against each other.How that wasn' called a high stick is beyond me but...it's typical.

Puck kept jumping over our sticks, etc...I'm just glad the game's over. it was very frustrating to watch.

On that goal, the camera shot from the point the stick looked high, but the goal line shot looked good.

That might have been the worst game the Kovalev line has played since they've been together. The puck wouldn't sit for Kosty/Pleky and Kovy was falling into "I gotta go through everyone and do this myself" mode.

Some banging in the 3rd, but not much of a physical presence from the Habs.

Back on track baby! Halak could challenge Price. This guys numbers are ridiculous. He broke the shutout record in Hamilton and has 3 in 16 NHL starts. Never lost at the Bell Centre and currently has a .965 save percentage. I am not missing Huet at all right now.

yeah Halak is a good, underated tender for sure...If the NHL ever slowly makes having 2 goalies in rotation a commodity the Habs are set for a long time, I just think they're both too good to be backups in this league moving forward in their careers. Now they just gotta figure out how to beat ottawa

Kovalev is putting on a show tonight. Nice tight spin o rama on the first goal (although Thomas should have had the back hand from that distance). And the second goal...certainly split the D nicely on that one. Is that straight out of his new instructional video? Chapter 6: How to split the D. I think he'll have to add that clip if there is every a follow up video.

Kovalev is putting on a show tonight. Nice tight spin o rama on the first goal (although Thomas should have had the back hand from that distance). And the second goal...certainly split the D nicely on that one. Is that straight out of his new instructional video? Chapter 6: How to split the D. I think he'll have to add that clip if there is every a follow up video.

Bob McKenzie called those the "Two Best Bad Goals You'll Ever See". Both GREAT moves by Kovalev, but both played HORRIBLY by the D and the Goalie. I'm not sure on the second on...but Thomas SHOULD have had the first one. Realistically, the second one shouldn't have even ended in a shot.

But, you'll probably see both again tonight as HON candidates.

BTW...this is a TSN lovefest with Kovy tonight. The kind of love they usually shower on Crosby, Ovechkin and Phaneuf (When MacGuire's working)

Any have any news on Komisarek. I heard Lower body, but not how bad (mind you ...this close to playoffs...I really don't expect much info).

It would appear his Iron Man streak will end (190+ games)

Any have any news on Komisarek. I heard Lower body, but not how bad (mind you ...this close to playoffs...I really don't expect much info).

It would appear his Iron Man streak will end (190+ games)

That was a pretty impressive streak, hopefully he is back for the playoffs, he is a huge part of Montreals defence.

if you count the 3 way tie at 84 as one spot, kovalev is in a 6 or so way tie at 10th in the league with 77 points in 75 games, 33 goals 44 assists, +16, and just a fun stat, he scores about every 6.5 shots

From tsn.ca Ice Chips

Defenceman Mike Komisarek and forwards Chris Higgins and Guillaume Latendresse were all given Friday off for therapy. Head coach Guy Carbonneau stated that Komisarek was sore during Thursday's win over the Bruins and likely would not play if there was a game tonight. However he hopes that with a couple of days rest Komisarek will be ready to face the Bruins on Saturday.

Due to the number of players taking a therapy day, Friday's practice consisted mainly of a scrimmage and odd-man rush drills. - TSN

I'd like to thank NESN for losing the picture so I couldn't watch the 2nd and 3rd periods of tonight's game.

www.hockeywebcasts.com

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

I had to let my GF watch SOME of her Leafs game...so I only got to see the 1st and end of the 3rd/OT/SO...but the D looked pretty good without Komi (from what I saw). Great game by Gorges.

Hopefully they can keep it up 'til he's back.

I had to let my GF watch SOME of her Leafs game...so I only got to see the 1st and end of the 3rd/OT/SO...but the D looked pretty good without Komi (from what I saw). Great game by Gorges.

ha, you have a gf who's a leafs fan as well eh. I was somewhat lucky tho, mines superstituos so when we were watching the habs game the leafs came back from 4-2 to 5-4 so she "couldnt" watch the leafs game anymore lol. Gorges stepped up in Komi's place fairly well, Kovy had a quiet night but we still got the 2 points. I hope like hell they end up playin the B's in round 1

ha, you have a gf who's a leafs fan as well eh. I was somewhat lucky tho, mines superstituos so when we were watching the habs game the leafs came back from 4-2 to 5-4 so she "couldnt" watch the leafs game anymore lol. Gorges stepped up in Komi's place fairly well, Kovy had a quiet night but we still got the 2 points. I hope like hell they end up playin the B's in round 1

I hope they play Boston as well, it would be better to play them rather then Philly because i think philly would be a harder team to play first round considering they are a very physical team and they are known to be a bit dirty which may cause players to get injured early in the playoffs.

I give the first star of the night to the Kostistyn's parents for making those kids.

I'm not sure who's better...Sergei or Andrei. Just when one looks like the class of the family the other does something ridiculous.

And, they both have mean streaks a mile wide.

I personally think Sergei is better.

I think he will benefit long term from playing Jr. hockey in North America, and learning to be physical at a younger age. Andrei didn't come here until he was eligible for the AHL...Sergei was in London at what, 17?