Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

There has also been rumours on finnish sportmedia that he would be retiring. Hope it stays as an rumour also..

IF (and that is a big if) this injury costs him the entire playoff run...and without him it may be a short one, and prevents him from a regular off season routine I could see him deciding that his body has been beaten up enough and walking away. He's had a LOT of injuries in the last 12 years (without including beating Cancer)

If he is able to play again this year, he will not retire. Next year is the 100th Anniv. of the Habs. It's also the year that he ties Jean Beliveau as the longest serving Habs Captain, I don't see him walking away from that if he is healthy.

I also think he wants one more shot at Olympic Gold which keeps him around until at least 2010.

You're entitled to your opinion on Koivu...but putting him as a 3-4th liner at $500k is a little bit off.

He's usually at least a little bit off.

There has also been rumours on finnish sportmedia that he would be retiring. Hope it stays as an rumour also..

I'm praying he does retire, or at least doesn’t play for the Habs anymore. Him being hurt is the best case scenario right now.

He's been awful for the last three months even when they pair him up with Kovy. Character no character at 5 mil per year he's the worst deal in the league, after McCabe and Kubina.

He lost it, not fast enough, not strong enough and not tough enough, middle of pack at best for a 3-4 line, which is 500k salary range. I understand loyalty issues, but if you stay loyal in this business you'll be out of a job tomorrow.

Once the cap was introduced and low free agency age, the league starter slowly morphing into NFL type situation where it's every man for him self.

Cheers

I don't know how you can compare Koivu to two struggling defencemen on a non contending team, Koivu is having a pretty good year he has 56 points in 77 games and on top of that he is great captian, and calling him a third-fourth line player at best is just ridiculous.

56 points in 77 games are only numbers... he's not having a good year imo. The quality of his game is decreasing at an alarming speed.

Higgins goal tonight gives him 50 points (25g 25a)

That's 7x50+ on the Habs:

Kovalev

Plekanec

Koivu

A. Kostitsyn

Markov

Streit

& Higgins.

Not bad for a team that "lacks talent".

Out of those guys, no one expected for Kovy, Kosti and Streit to have 50 points thos season. Now we just need to get out of the Toronto game without any injuries.

Nobody expected Kovy to have 50 points? Thats exactly where he was expected to go, at least in my opinion. Him having 80+ is whats unexpected.

After last season, everyone knew that if the team would make the playoffs this season it would be cause Kovy would have carried the team on his shoulders. With all the criticism, the bike accident and him telling the Montreal journalists he did not practice on ice all summer, I think no one expected him to do this much.

and him telling the Montreal journalists he did not practice on ice all summer, I think no one expected him to do this much.

When did he say that? Kovy worked his ass off in the summer and its paying off

It was one of the first thing he said at training camp. He said he was insulted about not making the World Championships team, he took time to train more off ice and just get away from the game, get the passion back.

What a way to go into the playoffs..damn it feels good to be a Habs fan. Good to see that ovation to Kovalev at the beginning. And I'll just throw in, Mcabe is a pussy..swingin your stick in your last 30 seconds, what are ya doin? practicin your golf swing? oh well you're goin home buddy

What a way to go into the playoffs..damn it feels good to be a Habs fan. Good to see that ovation to Kovalev at the beginning. And I'll just throw in, Mcabe is a pussy..swingin your stick in your last 30 seconds, what are ya doin? practicin your golf swing? oh well you're goin home buddy

Not defending McCabe because it was uncalled for, but can you really blame him for being that pissed? They had the season from hell, and some rookie playing in his first game hits you with two seconds left in your season. The Leafs were embarrassed that game. He shouldn't have slashed him, period. But I hate to admit it, I liked seeing the emotion, especially from him. Too bad it was 81 games too late. And for the record, its nice for you to call someone out for a cheap shot when you're sporting that avatar.

Swinging the sticks a different story imo, and yeah I'd be pissed too but anyway I was just riled from the win. And it does look as though the Habs are gettin Boston which is good news as far as the last 11 mathces go.

I like how Cherry applauded McCabe for "showing up" but didn't show the slash and spear on the rookie to entice him to fight. I'm not going to fault Stewart for throwing a check with 5 seconds left. That's the role that got him here...if he had pulled up on that play someone (maybe not kosy) would be giving him shit for that.