Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Done like dinner

Best NHL'er you've drank with.

Scott Nichol and Eric Cairns

I forgot about Cairnsy... I had a few pints with him in Belfast when he played for the London Racers. Ended up giving him a lift back to his hotel and he said he'd buy me 5 beers next time I saw him. I havent seen him since :lol:

A friend of mine also had Mike Babcock come to his house for his 10th birthday party back when Babcock was playing for the Whitley Bay Warriors!

I have been lucky enough to have many beers with many different NHL'ers. Working Major Junior in Small towns, there is often only 1 or 2 places to go in town, so after a game you typically run into some of the boys and have a few beers while they give you shit about the calls you made ! haha.. Most of the guys from around the Atlantic QMJHL teams that make the show in the last 8 yrs, I've had a beer with at one point. Fleury, Lapierre, Bourdon, Adam Pardy, Bernier, McIver, Pavelec, etc

A couple of better times were when I worked a Major Junior All-Star game and went back to the hotel after the bar and was heading down to the hotel bar when we saw Ray Bourque and Patrick Roy smoking some cigars and having some drinks, meeting them before the game we were invited over to have a cigar and shoot the shit.

Another good time was when I worked a pre-competition game for the World Championships, went into the bar and Joe Thorton and Shane Doan recognized that I worked the game and invited me and the boys up to the VIP section or the bar. The whole team was there - Nash, Neidemeyer, Thorton, Brodeur, Heatley, Brewer, Draper, Smyth, etc.. So basically spent the whole night drinking with them. Thorton was buying bottles of rum, whisky, petron and sharing with everyone. Great time with them, especialy seeing some of the boys hand picking the girls to come up to the section. Thorton turns to me and asks which one do I want up ? I picked onen and I will end there. haha

Heatley, sporting a vomit-coloured olive suit, and the Thrashers at the infamous Roxy in downtown Vancouver a couple years back. Kovy was standing there looking timid on the sidelines.

Was cool to shoot the breeze with Heat'er about like minor hockey and such...not so cool when my buddy and I were dancing with two girls and he came up and put his arms around us and said something which I think was in English...which promptly made the ladies walk away from us...actually, it was hilarious. :P

When the worlds were in halifax last year ran in to Jamal Mayers and Derek Roy at a bar, later my cousin told me that the whole team was there. both really cool humble guys, Mayers was buying tequilla shots for everyone.

This past summer I went to a party at Colin Whites' house with Jon Sim. again both extreamlly nice guys. I had met Sim a few other times as he has a cottage close to mine and is buddies with my cousin. White is one of the funniest guys I have ever met

Aaron Downey, had a huge bash in Honeywood last year. For those of you who don't know, the Downey family is basically royalty in Dufferin County, own a large amount of farms in the area. He paid for a stage, porta potties, absolutely everything, bought part of a field for people to park in, he partied from literally Dawn until Dusk and I am proud to say I was one of the people there, he knows everyone so I'm sure 5-10,000 others will say they drank with him too that day but it was a wild time.

I didn't touch the cup though...maybe theres still hope?

A few stories...

Played a beer league game and a few of us went out after to watch the Sabres play the Caps (game was in Washington). Game went to overtime and finally ended up in a tie. A few hours pass and one of my friends goes to take a leak, he comes back and asks if Brad May was injured. We had no idea. Then another guy goes to the can and comes out and says that the Sabs are at the bar, we ask how he found that out and he goes; "I just took a piss next to Rob Ray. Turns out Shmelik, Ray, May, and a few more got off the plain and headed to the bar. We drank with then at the bar and just shot the shit with them. **THOSE GUYS CAN DRINK**

I was in college and a few friends headed to Toronto to do some bar hopping. We ended up at a place and met Wendel Clark and some of his friends. We had a blast. Little did I know but Clark and his buddies set up a tab and the last one out of the bar has to pick up the bill. I'm sitting at the bar and all of a sudden I don't see his group or mine. I go to leave and the bartender stops me and says I'm the lucky winner of the tab. That's how I found out about the "game". I go outside and everyone was laughing giving me shit.

The best I've heard: A friend was in rehab and his roomate was Bob Probert. 1:00am and he wakes up seeing Probert getting dressed. My friend asks what he was doing and he responds: "Gettin' the f_ck out of here and gettin' a drink, you comin?" My friend stayed but Probert snuck out.

Last summer a good friend of mine invited me over to a low-key bbq at Gomez's summer house. It was pretty cool. He's a real hospitable guy and is far from a big-timer. At least in Anchorage, unless you followed hockey you wouldnt even know who he was. He has a great family as well. Good people. Also several years back when Curtis (Glencross) signed his deal, he came back up and took his buddies and his old team mates to Sea Galley for all you can drink Alaskan ice tea ( basically really big and strong long islands ). That was pretty cool. I had to get a ride home. haha.

About three weeks ago when the ducks were in Calgary playing the Saturday matinee game i saw Corey Perry and George Parros the friday night at Cowboys. Perry was pretty quiet, and Parros is a beast of a human being. That stash in person is just great haha. Funny thing was they were there till 2 pounding beers, and Perry goes out and nets the game winner 12 hours later!

Played in a NHL Legends game last night and afterward all the NHL Legends came out. Got to drink with Trottier, O'Reilly, Goring, Middleton, Leeman, Billy Smith and Glenn Anderson. Sat with Anderson for a while talking about hockey and school, surprised me on how much he promoted education.

I also accidentally ran into Mario Lemieux at a Pittsburgh steak house one time while he was coming out of the bathroom door. But that is a whole different story

Not a hockey player, but Kirby Puckett (MLB HoF'er, don't know how popular he was outside Minny) ran into me with a shopping cart at a grocery store. He was in pretty rough shape after glaucoma.

I met him the year he worked for ESPN/ABC Sports at the Little League World Series. Quite possibly the biggest asshole I've ever met. The guy actually told kids to "fuck off" when they asked him for autographs. ESPN/ABC was using the LLB world series as an audition with an eye to making him a full time guy on broadcasts and within a couple days he had pissed off or groped just about everyone. I've never seen anyone hated as universally by a production crew as he was.

Played in a NHL Legends game last night and afterward all the NHL Legends came out. Got to drink with Trottier, O'Reilly, Goring, Middleton, Leeman, Billy Smith and Glenn Anderson. Sat with Anderson for a while talking about hockey and school, surprised me on how much he promoted education.

That doesn't shock me, actually - the Oilers were an unusually educated bunch for pro hockey players in the 80s. They had an MD on their roster for all five Cups.

Couple of years ago, I met Jaromir Jagr in a ( . )( . ) Club in Prague.

Does this count?

Pittsburgh has talent, dogg. There's a sweet strip joint in that area in McKee's Rock, PA. Any yunzers up in here to back me up?

Not to mention all the college dames from Pitt and other such schools.

But yeah, there are lots of foodsters as well, like anywhere.

I'll back you up on that. There is no shortage of hotties in western PA, from Pittsburgh to Erie. In fact Nikki Dial, possibly the hottest adult entertainment star ever, is from Erie.

Spotting Jagr on the town when he was a Penguin was a common occurance. The guy definitely made the rounds when he was in Pittsburgh.