Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashtonhutch05

goal celebrations

Don Cherry is a dinosaur in modern hockey. He just gets more and more annoying.

They love him in Canada though and quite a lot of people believe every word he says.

don cherry in canada is more known as a divine being, its crazy he has two books out and dresses like a maniac. I can't believe some of the stuff he says

"Lalongo"

"Bies ka"

"Callameri"

calling the Sedin's the Sundin's

calling Markus Naslund Mats Naslund

trying to be on topic, if I score a big goal I like to go 1 knee and fist pump otherwise its just hands in the air

I think this stuff is hard for Cherry to understand, because when he was truly involved with the game, it was played primarily by working class people who weren't getting rich off it, and had nothing to gain by self marketing.

Companies making sticks named as a euphamism for someone's wang, and flashy youtube clips overcelebrating something aren't something Don has much background on, because until recently, it really was more of a team game, and less about the individual marketing themselves in the new media.

I think the bolded sums it up. As for the rest, it still is a team game. Anyone playing who thinks otherwise just doesn't get it.

Every time I score its a "Yeah!" with a very humble stick raise, bench glove bumps then back to the faceoff or onto the bench. Just not one to go insane but it does feel good to put that puck into the net when people still doubt I should be playing or that I can play at my weight.

Don't ever say, "suck on that one!" after banging one in. I tried that tonight and got a wicked slash to the knee. LOL! Heck it was the first goal of the game and they were a bit whiney! Then we proceeded to take a penalty when the captain, who objected to the slash, took a roughing penalty during the ensuing face off by hitting the slasher. We won 7-2. I honestly don't think I have ever played better. But, I wish I would have been more modest upon scoring. Regret the celebration totally.