Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashtonhutch05

goal celebrations

Depends how big the goal is. I am a fan however of 'acting like you've scored before'. I tend to get more excited if I score off a breakaway, to no surprise. Though I'm starting to keep it simple since I know one of these days I'll try to pull a Sam Gagner and just step on the puck in between deeke 56 and 57.

On the reverse side of things, I tend to get real pissed off if I make a bad defensive play leading to a goal, rather than happy and excited for a good offensive play leading to a goal.

same here I fall in the no celebration or just bump gloves after a goal. However during an intense game i'd probably just do a quick arm pump if the score is close.

Not much celebrating in our house league. Goals are few and far between for me so there's usually a spontaneous fist pump when one goes in.

i would normally not celebrate after a goal, just act like you've done it before. but after what that coach said to you, next time you play them id celebrate in front of their bench..

Celebrate too much like Kovalchuk did and you'll eventually get whats coming to you just like Kovalchuk did.

Great hockey player, piss poor attitude. Someone that skilled, that has scored thousands of goals should have some class.

I notice when i score from the point i am usually quite surprised and the most i can do is put my arms up. When i score playing forward its more go to the corner and wait for teammates to celebrate.

Maybe a fist bump with the other guys. I will point to the guy who set me up if it's a sweet pass.

I did yell the other night when I scored my 3rd of the game. Our goalie got hurt early in the 1st period, so we played almost 2 full periods without a goalie until we could get a replacement. The other team was taking slappers at our 6th guy guarding the net. That was low class.

I scored the hattie late in the game to get us down by one. 2 on 2, I was on the off wing, and the guy carrying the puck got in too tight to pass it, so I yelled for him to shoot. He somehow threaded a pass through the 2 defenders right on my tape and I buried it. I let out a whoop, more out of surprise. I couldn't believe he made that pass.

We ended up losing by 2, as they scored on the empty net with 5 seconds left.

^^^^^^^

Celebrate all you want when going up against A-holes like that.

One of my few celebrations other than the glove bump was almost the same game as yours. No goalie for for the 1st half of the game and a-holes ripping head hunters at me when I was in the net. Plus we had no subs and were short handed the whole game. We won and I put my hands in the air hooping and hollering like game 7.

I should add that we're playing in a rec league, and our team has a reputation of being "A-holes", so other teams like to play physical and get a little mouthy. So half the time I'm yelling or whooping after a goal, it's to try and get under their skin and get them to take more penalties (that's one role I try and play).

Obviously at drop-in, nobody's back checking, and if you score a goal, smile, point at the guy who fed you, and wait for the breakout.

They're good for starting fights. Try this one next time. After you score, lean on the net and drink from the goalie's water bottle like it's champagne. (no, I haven't done it yet - probably why I've still got all my teeth)

Rec League+Celebrations = no good....let's be honest here...all of us arent going to the show and there sure as hell isn't anyone in the stands looking to have us sign any ink either. Little glove tap is all that is needed or if it's someone that never scores, grab the puck and give it to him for a souvenir...other than that..no dice.

If I'm getting held/hooked/slashed/high sticked really badly I will usually turn around and say something to the guy if I score off the play, but that's more a result of just adrenaline than anything else. Once or twice a year maybe I will say something if I score on a PP to the guy coming out of the box if I thought his penalty was for something dirty, I know it's a prick move, but I just can't help myself if I think the guy in the box has been playing like a douche bag.

Other than that I don't 'celebrate' at all, to the point where I think some guys on my teams think I'm a bit of a prick for not bumping gloves with them, but I just skate right to centre ice and wait for the puck to be dropped.

It depends on the team we're playing, most of the time I just raise my left arm holding my stick.

We're playing a team soon that was ahead 2-0 in the first period and we ended up destroying them 7-2 when it was all said and done and they were PISSED and really cocky about it because they thought they had won already.

I'm going to celebrate the goals against those guys like crazy :D

Arms in the air, then give my teammates a glove tap and then done....

I dont rub it in as I need to be a good sport. One of the other reasons I dont is I dont want to get them to play harder :) I want them to be bummed and skate like it is over.... If you act like a jerk against my team it makes them play better.....

Mine is the fist pump, then ill point to who gave me the assist. I felt like being an asshole once at drop-in just to mess with the goalie in good faith. So I slid my bucket on the ice and two of my guys did the curling bit.

They're good for starting fights. Try this one next time. After you score, lean on the net and drink from the goalie's water bottle like it's champagne. (no, I haven't done it yet - probably why I've still got all my teeth)

I believe that this will earn you an unsportsmanship penalty, it did when it happened in NCAA final in 2005 when North Dakota player "borrowed" the bottle from Denver goalie.

I think that if you scored you totally have the right to throw your stick in the air then go dive on the ice and swim allover the place then stand up and moon walk back to your stick, pick it up using a backwards shoot the duck then ride the stick like a bull past the opponents bench for a line change. :P

I prefer to not celebrate, especially if it's after an awesome goal.

It just screams profesionalism ;)

(Unlike my spelling ^^ which I refuse to google on the principle that... Google IS the man.)