Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juiced

Valentines Day

hmm, the guy I'm dating is working the Leaf's game that night... no V-day for me. lol

Just asked MissD if she's doing anything with her bf... she doesn't know, they are both short of funds... so I suggested why don't they cook dinner together (I'll make myself scarce).

I'm single with worse game than Wade Belak. I will be reading the boards with Coors.

A good idea is to make a heart shaped omelette, my ex loved anything heart shaped and its almost impossible to make an omelette incorrectly. Coming from a guy who can barely make toast.

Remember, it's steak and...umm... day March 14th

never heard of it but i hope she has :)

i didn't ask my mom but she just randomly told me to get her one red rose. i don't want to do it cause it's been waaay overdone everywhere. however that theme room looks...er...comfy. ;)

Sorry Mack we arn't all fortunate enough to have your wit and charm to land hottie after hottie like you did in your prime :(

Dinner in is good for 2 poor kids hockeymom, good idea :)

My conscience also didn't develop until late, but there's hope. You just can't hang onto the losses though and keep a short memory for when things go bad.

The best was our last year in Nashville when Sigur Ros played on Valentine's. Great music that is guaranteed to be aural roofies.

Oh c'mon, your the suave, refined English major (arn't you?), I'm sure you could write all the struggling for ideas dudes on this board some stuff thats guaranteed to get the..job..done. :D

Sorry, I've got my hands full - it's our anniversary, but instead of taking her out to dinner or something to celebrate this evening, I stopped by her dorm for a few hours after I got off the ice this afternoon and exchanged gifts before I left for the game (my Devils were in town...I wasn't not going). Needless to say, I'm going to have to come-up with something good for V-D to redeem myself.

mack - don't worry, bud: I remember your accounts of some of the romantic shit you've done. I recall one such story as being particularly nauseating, but, more importantly, very impressive and, I would imagine, effective.

JR - I sent flowers to my girlfriend's school (different high schools) as a supplementary "congrats" for qualifying for States (she's a swimmer). I didn't receive any sort of "thank you" text all day, so I was kinda worried. Turns-out the people in the office were too damn lazy to track her down; Emily only got them because her ninth period teacher made a comment about a seeing a huge-ass bouquet of flowers in the office with her name on them.

She's been pretty cool about it, actually. When we first started dating, I told her that hockey was always, ALWAYS going to come first, and I think she understands that. I think part of her was hoping that she might vault up the list of priorities after I shredded my knee...but, if anything, everything else has been put on hold while I try to recover and get back into Junior hockey.

She's got the "iced" ring and the necklace; her ears are pierced, but she doesn't wear earrings and she doesn't like to wear anything on her wrists.

Honestly, I HATE buying jewelery. It's such a waste. I prefer buying something that might actually be useful...

I'm at a point with my latest squeeze that if I do something with her then she will assume we are now a couple and I'll have to start that nightmare over again.

I'm thinking my best bet is to just hide away and not answer my phone that day and head to the local bar instead. $9 Pitchers.

Lkpt I think your playing the cards right. Women don't like being their mans number 1 priority.. Keep her in spots 3-5 though and your golden I'm pretty sure.

Alot of younger girls don't wear too much real diamond stuff anyways it seems to me. Get her some PJ's or something

Honestly, I HATE buying jewelery. It's such a waste. I prefer buying something that might actually be useful...

We're talking about women here, right? Nothing they want will be useful.

Valentine's Day is overrated, a holiday created by Hallmark greeting cards to solely make money. There's is 364 other days of the year you can tell someone you care about them. Between birthday, anniversary, x-mas, I'm all loved out. I'm going to get her a box of chocolates and a dildo...if she doesn't like the chocolates she can go **** herself.

Definately go with something 'homemade'. It will mean way more then anything you could probably buy her. I did this last year, and it worked like a charm. We had only been going out 3 months, so it was a bit easier....

I made a scrapbook!! I just went around taking pictures of where we met, were we first kissed, a couple of places we went on dates. We always played cards for fun, so I took a picture of a 31 hand (the game we traditionally played). Through in a couple pictures of the two of you, and have the general time line right, you should be good. Toss in a card, or a dinner, and you should be gold.

Tells her you think of that stuff, be it true or not I don't know, and that is worth more to women then a fancy necklace (speaking generally).

Valentine's Day is overrated, a holiday created by Hallmark greeting cards to solely make money. There's is 364 other days of the year you can tell someone you care about them. Between birthday, anniversary, x-mas, I'm all loved out. I'm going to get her a box of chocolates and a dildo...if she doesn't like the chocolates she can go **** herself.

Stay classy.

These are the past 2 Valentines Day threads we've had. May be helpful if people need ideas on gifts.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...showtopic=17575

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...c=8177&st=0

I'm off the hook this year. There's a girl I am just starting to talk to, and she is going away to the Dominican, so I don't have to worry about it. I might give her something small when she comes back to build up some points. The other girl I talk to a bit, who I have a long history with, has simply been pissing me off lately, so I doubt I'll get her anything,

Maybe you should give the girl a little something before she takes off. It never hurts to plant the seed so you can sow the seed.

We're going out the day before she leaves, so I may. It's a decent idea, so we'll see how it goes. It's different being in this situation. Never really had a valentines day with a non-girlfriend where I had to buy something.

Figured I'd re-bump this since it is indeed the 14th. This is the first of a few threads I found for this.

So Happy Valentines day to all you loving couples! And if your single and down like me..well your not alone? And hey everyone will find that special someone someday.

So hope you all have a great day, regardless of your relationship right now. :smile: