Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jat

So, heel curve lovers,

Isn't the Phaneuf the monster Lidstrom-y looking thing? I don't think Rbk has a comparable Drury-ish pattern in their retail line.

Id still say its the closest of what they've got though, i dunno

Blanche is the Golden Girl that's closest to being the one I'd put my penis in but I'm still not going near it.

Yikes that's an insane blade.

Could you perhaps post pictures of your custom ballistik blades as well?

And how are the ballistik blades quality wise? Just like the Caliber 52 blade?

Yikes that's an insane blade.

Could you perhaps post pictures of your custom ballistik blades as well?

And how are the ballistik blades quality wise? Just like the Caliber 52 blade?

I dont even know what a 52 caliber looks like....however, my blades were constructed with the option of "Super Tough" instead of the high performance option. With that said...they arent lasting all that long, and for the price I originally paid I would be outraged, but I cant really complain when it comes to custom.

No need to post pictures unless you really are that curious, they are tapered composite with a black finish on them in the same curve as the picture (with a super squared toe instead of squarish-round).

Zach

I messed with a toe curve recently, made me appreciate heel curves even more.

I don't see myself straying away from Drury and Ribiero/NBH P92 style blades anytime soon unless I find something that just feels instantly better.

I messed with a toe curve recently, made me appreciate heel curves even more.

I don't see myself straying away from Drury and Ribiero/NBH P92 style blades anytime soon unless I find something that just feels instantly better.

Looking at the 3 snapped p92 NBH OPS's in my room (yes, a cheap shot at NBH, their damn sticks keep breaking on me!) none of them look like heel curves. I think you meant p91 curve pattern.

Tomorrow I am going to put a blade in one of the NBH shafts. I am either going for a lidstrom or drury... as those are the only choices. I am a bit excited, never had a heel curve before. I think the drury is really hit or miss, but I really want to try it; though I know alot of ppl that use the lidstrom and love it.

If you wanna get technical I'd all a Sakic/P92 a mid-heel. Then again I called a Kovalchuk pro return I had that and it turned into a fustercluck so I'll step back.

The Phaneuf seems to be the Pronger, which is a decent heel curve. Not as open as a Lidstrom though.

This is the best pic I have of my Phaneuf pattern.... (this Sickick is for sale, wink-wink)

blade

... Keep in mind, it was the closest thing I could find to the Drury's I use in an RBK retail stick.

the phaneuf is the best pattern for slap-shot's and snapper I've ever used.

But I hate the toe-shape for stickhandling and the wristers are subpar for my shooting motion.

That Phaneuf looks sweet...the mythical "Forsberg with a bit more loft" that everyone seems to want. Probably not pure heel, but straight enough.

Just any CCM/RBK out before you get them (read, if you order off the net dont be suprised if it doesnt look exactly like that curve), they are not very consistent.

Zach