Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

Greatest Inline Skate Ever

QUOTE(Thockey17 @ Feb 10 2008, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(top-shelf @ Feb 10 2008, 12:54 PM) *

no, the helium 950's were straight up garbage. the original wicked lights may have had some issues, but it wasn't enought to call them "straight up garbage." i will agree on the vibe chassis comment though, they were pretty much useless.

I said nothing about the boots. The carbon chassis on them were horrendous. Almost everyone i knew cracked them.

Ask anyone the MG chassis on 950's > Carbon on WL/VSI

Hmm... strange. I have never seen a carbon chassis on the WL crack. I've skated on a pair for over 7 years in fact.

Well just how big a man are you?

im still going strong on my carbon chassis as well. Ive even swapped them to diffrent boots still no crack. But then again I only weigh 120 pounds...

I would have to say best inline skate was the original wicked light.

no, the helium 950's were straight up garbage. the original wicked lights may have had some issues, but it wasn't enought to call them "straight up garbage." i will agree on the vibe chassis comment though, they were pretty much useless.

I said nothing about the boots. The carbon chassis on them were horrendous. Almost everyone i knew cracked them.

Ask anyone the MG chassis on 950's > Carbon on WL/VSI

i've seen three mag chassis snap, but never a team carbon chassis...hmmm. original mag wasn't amazing, but the new mag vanguard is pretty awesome.

Proto VSI with cyan axles.... fit like a glove out of the box. Never had any blisters with that skate.

I'll third that! Best skate I've ever had.

Add me to the list...

YEAH those were awesome. Mine just died. Why can't they just make another model like that?

The Proto VSI's had the best fit. the skates I had before that were the proto v, and that took a few weeks to break in.

VSI's were comfy out of the box, and i could wear them for 3 hours without any discomfort. I still had the pair i bought in 2001 up till last year. eyelets were shot, axles were stripped, some of the glass fibres exposed, tongues hanging out... but were still comfortable like hell.

my vote is Bauer Supreme RH 5000 composite. I think they were out in 1998. Tuuk profile plus chasis with 76mm Formula G wheels. Very durable and comfortable.

Proto VSI with cyan axles.... fit like a glove out of the box. Never had any blisters with that skate.

I'll third that! Best skate I've ever had.

Add me to the list...

My Mod 4s, then the vsi

Mission Proto VSI

After a 4 year layoff from hockey. They still fit like a glove today. :) I'm sad that the side of the boot is wearing down and I will have to buy another skate next season.

I too will go with the Proto VSI's, though mine had the carbon fiber chassis. Great skate, super comfy and light. The only thing that I didn't care for was the wheels that came stock. Those Labeda's fell apart on me withing weeks despite playing on sport court.

Still using my Mission Wicked Lights with carbon chassis, with Rink rats on em. used em in a game last week and half the kids had never seen them before, they all wanted a pair lol

Usually swap between these and my Nike one90 conversions these days, and the WL's are still in top notch condition. Love em to pieces, although the re-releases didnt look half as good with that crap alu frame on it.

The WL will always be a legend imo.

Total One with Supreme double felt tongue, Sprung A7 chassis, Revision STEEL wheels. Light, Stiff, Comfortable, and the most manouverable skate I have ever worn, ice or roller.

Hmm..VSi Teams, best from the factory skate. My favorite skate of all time was an old 652 boot(Modano style) with Konki Chassis. Picked up a pair for 28 bucks at PIAS. I don't know why I love Konki's so much but I always felt the best on them.

Is the Konki chassis you are referring to the Easton Konki chassis that has the 3 back wheels even in height, but the front one is raised slightly? If so, what do you like about them? I just picked up some old Easton boots from Hockey World and am torn on whether to put a straight chassis or the Konki chassis on it.

Is the Konki chassis you are referring to the Easton Konki chassis that has the 3 back wheels even in height, but the front one is raised slightly? If so, what do you like about them? I just picked up some old Easton boots from Hockey World and am torn on whether to put a straight chassis or the Konki chassis on it.

I'm assuming Easton bought Konki at some point, as it was once an independent company. The Konki's I have do have the rockered front wheel though. I like that feature as I feel it helps my stride, I think some might be in my head, but I always felt I skated best on those frames.