Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juiced

Speeding behind speeders

Mythbusters did it actually. With a Lamborghini. Still got it. But if you want to chance driving a car 100 in a 50, by all means. Give it a shot.

I saw this one but my question is more if it is a camera in a police van if it would take pics of a car 4 lanes away with other cars between me and the van?

If the government didn't care about it then why do folks get a tax break for buying an alternate fuel vehicle?

Public Relations.

Mythbusters did it actually. With a Lamborghini. Still got it. But if you want to chance driving a car 100 in a 50, by all means. Give it a shot.

I saw this one but my question is more if it is a camera in a police van if it would take pics of a car 4 lanes away with other cars between me and the van?

Well now you're getting into photo radar. Obviously the view of the camera would be obscured over four lanes of congested traffic. That's why when you see photo, they have a camera devoted for each lane, or have it on a one-two lane road. Otherwise the boys run their radar guns. And..they get ya they sure get ya.

If the government didn't care about it then why do folks get a tax break for buying an alternate fuel vehicle?

Public Relations.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Public Relations.

Solid point. BUT US govt. passed a law in January of 08. As of 2015? 2020? Either or, ALL vehicles sold within the US, new ones must comply to having an MPG rating of at least 32. Currently only a few vehicles on the market now meet those ratings. It wont apply to commercial vehicles obviously.

Public Relations.

Same reason why the goverment is giving us free money. It's not an economic stimulus, it's PR. It's election year.

Bullshit. The current president and congress isn't trying to win anyone over, their days are numbered.

They feel bad for them

Bullshit. The current president and congress isn't trying to win anyone over, their days are numbered.

That is 100% wrong. One of the most telling statistics in what party gets elected in any given presidential election is how the economy is doing during the final year of the current pres' term. If it is good, the voters tend to stick with that same party. Bush and company know this and are taking many steps to make the economy better, or at least appear better.

That is 100% wrong. One of the most telling statistics in what party gets elected in any given presidential election is how the economy is doing during the final year of the current pres' term. If it is good, the voters tend to stick with that same party. Bush and company know this and are taking many steps to make the economy better, or at least appear better.

Also, with all the negativity given to the current regime... chances are that the Democrats are going to take complete control, if they dont screw it up. The economy stimulous might help bring down the US dollar and hurt the next regime, setting them up for a run at offices in 2 years as well as a better chance in 4... That's really something that I wouldn't press too hard though, not sure if I would buy that. But it's something to consider.

Also, with all the negativity given to the current regime... chances are that the Democrats are going to take complete control, if they dont screw it up. The economy stimulous might help bring down the US dollar and hurt the next regime, setting them up for a run at offices in 2 years as well as a better chance in 4... That's really something that I wouldn't press too hard though, not sure if I would buy that. But it's something to consider.

I don't know about that. Folks are already pissed that the Dems who won in the mid-term elections haven't come through on any promises.

I think we're all forgetting "the 500 pound elephant in the room" (Thanks Tony Soprano). Tickets generate an enormous amount of revenue, especially for smaller towns and municipalities. I've also noticed that there are four or five times as many cops on traffic patrol handing out 8 or 10x as many tickets in the last week of the month as in the second week of the month, ticket quotas anyone? This is certainly not by accident; budgets run through the end of each month, not the beginning.

There are no quota's per se, but if you are a traffic cop and you keep coming back to the station and haven't given out any tickets, sooner or later your staff sgt. or whatever is going to ask what the hell you're doing out there.

I think we're all forgetting "the 500 pound elephant in the room" (Thanks Tony Soprano). Tickets generate an enormous amount of revenue, especially for smaller towns and municipalities. I've also noticed that there are four or five times as many cops on traffic patrol handing out 8 or 10x as many tickets in the last week of the month as in the second week of the month, ticket quotas anyone? This is certainly not by accident; budgets run through the end of each month, not the beginning.

Ummmm..........no.........the revenue angle has already been discussed.

You do know that the Dems control Congress, right.

He used the excuse "I was just flowing with traffic... blah blah" The cop said "Have you ever been bird hunting before? It's the same as radaring"

He didn't get off that ticket

The variation of that I heard when a friend of mine got pulled over was:

"you ever go fishing?"

"yeah"

"did you catch the whole pond?"

If you're going to go over the speed limit, regardless of how far over or what place you are in a pack, be prepared to be held responsible for it.

but you could make the argument that its safer to go with the flow of traffic then to force everybody to go around you.

but you could make the argument that its safer to go with the flow of traffic then to force everybody to go around you.

Maybe to your wife or kid...but not to the guy with the gun & badge.

Ok. I didn't wanna start a new topic. But a state trooper that comes and gets his skate sharpened at my work told me that you can't get pulled over if it's raining outside. Is that true?

I would think it has something to do with the radar and all the rain but maybe I'm wrong.

Ok. I didn't wanna start a new topic. But a state trooper that comes and gets his skate sharpened at my work told me that you can't get pulled over if it's raining outside. Is that true?

I would think it has something to do with the radar and all the rain but maybe I'm wrong.

Do you really wanna push your luck...give it a go...fly through a speed trap in the pouring rain and see what happens...make sure to let us know. *L*