Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

english15x

The Office Thread

yeah the Office only gets more funny. People that don't love it are crazy but I guess you have to really have to be into that type of humor.

I tried watching the uk version I also don't find it funny at all.

One of the reasons most americans dont find the UK version funny is because of the accent, alot of people dont quite grasp it. The other reason is that british humour is different from american humour. It's alot more subtle, like mack said, it takes an evolved sense of humour to get british humour. Or something like that.

I've never actually watched the UK version but i can't get enough of the american one. I quote it all the time, no one ever knows what im talking about.

I tried watching the uk version I also don't find it funny at all.

One of the reasons most americans dont find the UK version funny is because of the accent, alot of people dont quite grasp it. The other reason is that british humour is different from american humour. It's alot more subtle, like mack said, it takes an evolved sense of humour to get british humour. Or something like that.

I've never actually watched the UK version but i can't get enough of the american one. I quote it all the time, no one ever knows what im talking about.

I know how you feel, sometimes I say things and people just look at me. lucky to have friends though to joke around with when I'm not at work. We all quote it regularly.

New season of The Office starts tonite! Anyone else playing the Dunder Mifflin game?

Funny this is bumped becuase 3 days ago I watched the season 4 finale, which was the first time i've seen the show. I've since downloaded all 4 seasons and already watching 3. Very funny stuff.

LMFAO...the facial hair is/was hilarious. Ryan -> Michael -> Dwight.

Did you see the continuity error. Michael had the goatee...then there was a scene in the kitchen where he didn't....then it was back again in the Boardroom/fat suit.

LMFAO...the facial hair is/was hilarious. Ryan -> Michael -> Dwight.

Did you see the continuity error. Michael had the goatee...then there was a scene in the kitchen where he didn't....then it was back again in the Boardroom/fat suit.

I noticed that too. I thought the episode was great, i can't wait to see the rest of the season

favorite day of the week My name is Earl straight to the office ,

only thing that sucks is i got a game Every Thrursday so i have to watch in Nbc-W 12 pm episode

bumping this thread. Anyone else dissapointed to hear Steve Carrell will be leaving after next season? As much as I love this show I hope they will end it as I just can't see it being the same at all without him.

It's the right time for him to go as last season was just horribly forced. I'm interested in seeing how they'd go on without him in the same way a train wreck is interesting.

It's an unlikely scenario, but I'd like to see Ricky Gervais with the US cast. He's never done a guest spot has he?

It's an unlikely scenario, but I'd like to see Ricky Gervais with the US cast. He's never done a guest spot has he?

My thoughts exactly.

For me, Dwight/Jim make the show so I hope it keeps going... but it's probably done if more casts members start calling it in like "Jim" did this past season, too focused on their movie careers over the show.

This was from February:

I think it would be funny for David Brent to walk into the US Office and hear them go 'Oh my god, there's two of them!'

We don't need to know about Brent's back story or anything - The English Office exists in its own cocoon. Michael Scott could just bump into Brent, who is just a bloke from England.

I don't think we'll take any of the other characters over - we'll probably leave it with just me because it would become too complicated.

It's the right time for him to go as last season was just horribly forced. I'm interested in seeing how they'd go on without him in the same way a train wreck is interesting.

I don't remember the context of the rumor, whether it was credible or not, but I heard someone suggest Ted Danson stepping in to replace Michael as Regional Manager. Hopefully they only try and get one more year out of it, they're running on fumes and I don't want to watch a season finale that doesn't include Jim or Dwight. I used to think they needed more from Ed Helms and the Andy character, but thanks to last season, I know this is definitely not the case.

^Agreed! There needs to be more Creed and Kevin in the show. Although I feel like it will be a shitshow once Michael is gone. They really didn't leave to many options open to replace him.