Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShootsNScores93

Long Island New York

I'm from Long Island. I live in the Five Towns which is on the South shore and minutes from Long Beach.

I play at Aviator and Chelsea.

I used to play at Long Beach, but primarily during the summer when they have open every night at 10pm. Not sure what their schedule is like this Summer.

I got so frustrated with open that I started my own game at Aviator, but at the moment it's a pretty low level of play, mostly C and D level players. But at least we don't have the typical jerks you would find at most rinks. We have guys who travel from all over NYC and Long Island to play in our game since it's just easygoing, fun, hockey. So much so that we have 30 regulars signed up and a significant waiting list.

In my experience, there are always going to be hangers, hoggers, and A-holes at open hockey, it's just the nature of the beast.

If anyone knows of some decent hockey in the area, please post it, I'd love some new games to play in.

for open hockey, go to islandicehockey.com. they've got open hockey a couple of nights a week (including the ones at iceworks on the small rink)

Looks like they dropped their Long Beach skates, and added Dix Hills recently.

Long Beach arena does their own open hockey as well, at least 5-6 times a week. Problem is that some of the apple core kids get cliquey, so you have to show up a couple of times before you really get involved in it. It's also a PITA to get to from some areas.

strose, do you play in Tom's league (Midnight Hockey)?

no I played as a fill in a few times. Not enough of my friends play to get a full team together.

I'm down for a MSH roller or ice game after may 7th sorry guys I'm back in Albany at school till then.

I play in Freeport and Newbridge, I'm also going to join a C and D league over the summer at Aviator SPORTS. JR you are from Hempstead, I grew up in West Hempstead, we probably played hockey together in long Beach small world.

I think that's a good idea, getting together for an ice game.

I'd be in for sure if the game was on a week night, I'd love it if we played in Long Beach.

I'm in the process of checking prices at Aviator and Long Beach. If anyone has connections at any local rink, get involved.

I figure we need an ice block at $400 so we can cover it at $20 per guy.

I can probably get Iceland in New Hyde Park for $270 for an hour and a half (that makes for $360 for 2 hours. time slot will likely be late at night though. (12:30 AM-2:00 AM)

May also only be available weekends. if there's enough interest, I can look into it and see when they're available.

Another thing to keep in mind is that If no Mods can make it out, it won't be an Official MSH skate, just a bunch of guys who happen to be members of MSH. I know that has come up in the past, so I'm throwing it out there to make it clear.

I'm in the process of checking prices at Aviator and Long Beach. If anyone has connections at any local rink, get involved.

I figure we need an ice block at $400 so we can cover it at $20 per guy.

If you can get an ice slot somewhere near brooklyn (like Aviator) at a reasonable time and if someone under 18 can go, im down for an unofficial L.I. MSH skate

I'm down to play anywhere, It would be cool to have a official MSH skate but i'm down with whatever. Maybe we can get JR to fly back home for a weekend or something.

Also I don't think we should set an age limit, I'm 21 but I know some kids under 18 that are insane. C'mon if this was a few years back and crosby was like oh i'm 17 but i'll play i'm sure no one would say no.

Someone arrange it, tell me a time and place and i'm there.

Only ice though, I don't pay for roller hockey.

I'm 20. I have a question for some of the long islanders here did anyone ever play at top gun hockey in Northport or before it was top gun it was hockey headz? Just wondering because thats where I started my competitive hockey career.

I'm 40. When I played both ice and roller I played at Top Gun a couple of times. Let me see what I remember. Small rink, wood floor, low ceilings, chain link fence for glass, and a fistfight in the parking lot after every game I played there. One of the many reasons I gave up playing roller hockey.

I live in Medford so I am up for a pickup ice game on the Island. The Rinx always has open ice spots if you call for details.

I'm 20. I have a question for some of the long islanders here did anyone ever play at top gun hockey in Northport or before it was top gun it was hockey headz? Just wondering because thats where I started my competitive hockey career.

I played there from the ages 17-19 and won a few championships there... I loved that rink and had alot of fun... That place wasnt exactly run correctly in my opinion... it was mainly a hangout for Rob Lombardi and his buddies.

can anyone make it to Dix Hills rink Friday night at 11:40 for pickup???

theres always goalies and the turnout has been eh... so a few more bodies would make it better... they charge $20 and its run by Tom from the MHL..