Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan6969

Kor skates

Anyone ever heard of those pretty new Kor skates. They are made in Calgary Alberta and supposedly have a better technology. Iginla broke in a pair and said they were an interesting technology.

We talked about them several times a few months ago. I've heard rumors that they own a patent on composite hockey skates, never got confirmation on that though. I've heard mixed reviews on them, but like the others, I'm holding out for first hand experience before I have an opinion on the skates themselves.

I'd love to try a pair, but much like with my Rebellions, unless I am getting a pair for some silly price I probably won't since the odds of my being able to try them on before buying are nil here. They look interesting, can't really add much besides that. It is impossible to judge something w/o at least seeing them in the real world and trying them on.

I saw them at Pro Skate in Calgary. They looked very futuristic. The outsole wasn't really an outsole at all as it can up the sides of the skate about an inch before meeting some other cloth type composite. I didn't try them on (no need for new skates) but they didn't have the goofy strap any more. ;)

Saw them at United Cycle here in Edmonton, they looked pretty sweet. They weren't overly light or anything, but felt like a really sturdy boot. The lining felt like it would be very comfortable too. I forget how much they are, but I remember they were up there with all the top end skates.

Do any NHLers wear them? I've never heard of them before.

They haven't been officially released yet as far as I know.

Kor is ramping up for a full scale launch in the near future...I hear they will be starting demo's etc in the near future and some places at select areas across the country have some demo pairs,etc..