Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruin88

stick durability

which one piece stick is the most durable? where would the xn10 ,bauer xx and the synergy grip be? im thinking of getting one of those three ,if you can tell me which is most durable thatd be awesome ,thanks

im bantam a ,170 ,5 9 and i play left wing .....does this help and if you can tell me anything thats un durable about any of those sticks ,blade or shaft can you please :D

Ill tell you whats undurable about them.....they're one pieces. Dont buy these looking for durability, they are strictly designed with performance as the main priority.

no ,thats not the reason im buying it ,im buying it because i cant shoot with a wood stick and i like one pieces ,i had a synergy last year and the blade broke but before the blade was bad i was really happy with it but i might want to try something different this year.

I think you should get the Vapor XX I have one(two yet to try the new one) and I love it and so far it's been durable(knock on wood). But from what i've heard the XN10 is a great stick too. The only one-peice i really dislike is the Vector but you aren't looking at thos so it doesn't matter.Although my suggestion would be if you had a good shot with your synergy and liked it why not just buy another reg. synergy?

the reg synergys blade was reeeally bad it chipped and then cracked halfway through the year and eventually the blade got so bad i could shoot so i got a synth. blade for it and im using it as my spare for the new stick im getting.

if you cant shoot with a wood stick, its you, not the stick. Equipment should be viewed as something needed to play the sport, not as a crutch.

True, but I know that after using composites and even shaft/wood blade combos for 5 straight years, I had a real hard time getting a decent shot off with a woodie.

its not exactly a crutch ,if i used a wood stick for a while i bet i'd adjust and end up being able to shoot decent with one ,but i dont wanna do that cause i dont know how long it will take to adjust so ill just stick with one pieces ,i hate the fealing of wood sticks too ,maybe its the weight i dont know.

Yeah I've been using a response now for 2 years and last week I tried a woodie n i couldn't handle the puck. I guess i got used to a composite feel lol usually people want the wood feel I guess I'm just weird.

if you cant shoot with a wood stick, its you, not the stick. Equipment should be viewed as something needed to play the sport, not as a crutch.

True, but I couldnt shoot too well wiht my old CCM V40 wood stick because it was too stiff. But I could rip it with $10 multilams.

If you're looking for durability...don't rule out tapered 2-pieces. I used to use SyNergy Grips and am currently using a Bauer XV shaft and blade comobo. If you break a blade or shaft...you can replace it and still get the same performance as a OPS.

If durability is your concern go with the V-110 or Laser. There's alot of topics on the most durable ops. As well 2 piece tapered Combos seem great for you, where do you normally break your sticks? Put a piece of tape over the tennon and that should stop it from coming loose. It shouldn't really be a hassle it'll take 5 minutes and I've never had a blade come loose, I don't even put anyting over it.