Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clarkstowncaps15

the expo

it was in totornto last year, and believe the next one will be in vegas.

It is not televised

Do you know when the next one in Vegas will be? My dad goes there quite a bit for bussiness. Maybe I could go with him and watch it? Can any one go to it?

You can only get in to the show if you have credentials and they are only offered to people who work for pro shops.

The shop owner or manager would have to request the credentials as well. It's for the people who actually buy the stuff for the shops to see what they're going to order. In Toronto it was supposed to be 18 or older but some idiots thought it would be good to sneak intheir kids.

cre·den·tial Audio pronunciation of "credential" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kr-dnshl)

n.

1. That which entitles one to confidence, credit, or authority.

2. credentials Evidence or testimonials concerning one's right to credit, confidence, or authority: The new ambassador presented her credentials to the president.

And if you're not 18, you're not going to get in

I would doubt that you would get in when you are 15. Unless you are doing the buying for a pro shop, you really have no business being there.

Hey Clark 15,

The expo is a business to business trade show. Basically, imagine you owned your own hockey store. You would want to sell equipment that was decent and popular right?

This expo (short for exposition) is your chance to go see what all the manufacturers (i.e. CCM & Bauer) have new this year. This way you can decide what items to put on your shelves as you want stuff that you think will be popular with your customers.

The manufacturers also have various deals they use to get retailers (i.e. your local hockey store) to stock and promote more of their equipment. That's why some stores have lots of Bauer stuff and others don't.

This is why you can't by from the big manufacturers directly as ultimately; from this perspective, their customers are the retailers, whose customers are people like you and me.

There, now you're one step closer to getting your business degree.

Who's going and taking a LOT of pictures...? :P

Taking pictures isn't really cool either. There's not much worse than someone running around with a camera pushing past customers while they actually try to do business.