Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

G3 fit = 703 fit

Just making sure, but if I were to go and try on 703 skates, and they fit perfectly, is it a fact that 703s will fit the EXACT same as G3s? This is important because I am going to order G3s if they fit good.  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well ive got the G35s and they definitely dont have the same liner as the 7 series. It seems a bit softer and its a grey material that feels kinda like suede (spelling?) stuff as opposed to the tan colored leather in the 7 series.

Well ive got the G35s and they definitely dont have the same liner as the 7 series. It seems a bit softer and its a grey material that feels kinda like suede (spelling?) stuff as opposed to the tan colored leather in the 7 series.

Yes, the liner is a bit different in the G series. I felt a difference when trying the 705 and G5 on side by side. I thought the G5 more comfortable. Out of the box I didn't think the techlite made the G5 feel any stiffer than the 705.

Even in the 7xx series it is not (and hasn't been in a long time) real leather. The 7xx inner liner is Clarino, so basically synthetic leather.

When I am sizing the 703, do you guys think the fit of the 703 will differ at all from the G3 because of the small difference of the materials that are used inside the 703 and the G3? Thanks.

No. I tried on both the 705 and the G5 and the fit is exactly the same. If the 703 fits you fine, then the G3 will fit the same.

When I thought I was close to buying Graf's I tried on the 703s a few different times, size 8.5, and each time they felt incredible. On one of the same days I had tried on a 703 I went to a different store who had just received the G3's in...tried it on, also 8.5, and it did NOT feel exactly the same. The fit was slightly tighter and my toes hit the toe cap harder. I would not have bought the G3s after the way they felt. I only compared the two one time, so it could have just been that pair that was inconsistent, but from my single experience I can tell you they do feel slightly different - so choose wisely.

When I thought I was close to buying Graf's I tried on the 703s a few different times, size 8.5, and each time they felt incredible. On one of the same days I had tried on a 703 I went to a different store who had just received the G3's in...tried it on, also 8.5, and it did NOT feel exactly the same. The fit was slightly tighter and my toes hit the toe cap harder. I would not have bought the G3s after the way they felt. I only compared the two one time, so it could have just been that pair that was inconsistent, but from my single experience I can tell you they do feel slightly different - so choose wisely.

Can anyone else speak for this situation or do you think that this might have been one of those one time things?

Can anyone else speak for this situation or do you think that this might have been one of those one time things?

Anyone? lol

Dexy, you're worring too much man. I Think that you should hust buy 703 if you dont want to risk the money on G3's

again, get 703s, if you never had 703 don't get g3's your paying more and don't know if you like em...

get 703's i think there 425$ CAN now... buy two pairs if you really like 703s, i got two pairs right and i paid 700Can for both..

I wish they put the price down on the 700 series at United Cycle because last time I was there the G5 was $639.99 and the 705 was $589.99, which is the same price its been for the last couple years.

Tommorow I'm going up there to buy skates but still don't know what to get. I am thinking of 705.

As for the G and 700 fit, I tried on both and the G felt a little tighter out of the box but I'm sure because of the compostie material, after heating they would be about the same fit.

i know my shop has the 703,705s for 469 cad. Im waiting for my G3's from Graf 5.5N great white. the g3 has a different type of padding in the heel. it has the same liner but softer. but the fit should be relatively the same between the G3 and 703. The G3 though will be abit more responsive in turning because of the carbon fibre outsole and insole on them. There a very good boot but it may not fit u properly in the depth. like I mentioned on an earlier thread bring a ruler with u when trying Graf on and put the ruler across the 3rd eyelot and if the ruler is wobbling on ur foot go with the G5 or even G35

I was talking to a Graf person today and they said that the G Series is 10 grams lighter then the 700 series. They said that the material inside the boot of the G series is diff from the material inside the 700s. They say the fit is exactly the same but highly recommend I don't order it in for issues regarding return and refund.