Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

The Tampa sale was a bit more reasonable this time. The prices were better and I watched sticks get snatched up pretty quickly. At $50 a stick they were priced much better. Glad I grabbed those 9K pants as they fit perfect and will be a nice pair as a backup. The only thing they could have improved was the amount of room they allowed you. It started to get crowded at about 6:20 and they really needed more space. Otherwise, it was a better sale than last time.

Can you post some pics of what you snagged?

Has a Grand Rapid Griffins sale happened yet? And when is the Wings sale usually held?

I don't know about the Griffins sale but the Wings will depend on when they are done with the playoffs. Last year it was in July. If they aren't playing into the Cup Finals this year, I would expect the sale to be in late June. They usually have it three to four weeks after their playoffs end.

All the sticks were used, that's why we went $50 on them. Not to mention we had 2 RH sticks at the first sale, this one we had about 50.

The last sale, they were all new.

The Tampa sale was a bit more reasonable this time. The prices were better and I watched sticks get snatched up pretty quickly. At $50 a stick they were priced much better. Glad I grabbed those 9K pants as they fit perfect and will be a nice pair as a backup. The only thing they could have improved was the amount of room they allowed you. It started to get crowded at about 6:20 and they really needed more space. Otherwise, it was a better sale than last time.

Agreed on all points.

Almost grabbed a AK27 shaft/blade but it felt like a 120 flex and I'm not building a bridge here. I did get myself a nice replacement for the white Intake I've decided I don't like.

They actually had RH sticks but they were either really stiff, big heels or both.

Just posted by the Plymouth Whalers (OHL).

WHALERS ANNOUNCE EQUIPMENT SALE AND ROOKIE CAMP.

The Plymouth Whalers will hold their annual equipment sale in conjunction with the 2009 Rookie Camp. The equipment sale will be held on Saturday, May 16th from 10am-6pm in the Catholic Central locker room inside Compuware Arena. All used equipment (helmets, pants, skates, sticks, pads, etc.) will be available along with socks and practice jerseys. If interested in game-worn jerseys, please check here.

If you have any questions about the equipment sale, please contact Marc Baron at 734-453-8400 or marcb@plymouthwhalers.com.

Vancouver Canucks Equipment sale is on June 6, 2009... details to follow.

I will not reply any PM's about the sale. Check this thread for updates.

Nice, I was hoping they'd have one. Wonder if it'd be worth the drive up to Vancouver??

Depends what you want to pick up. If you're looking for anything sticks or gloves related then it'll only be worth it if you're in there within the first 10-15 minutes with the Season Ticket Holders.

how were the prices like from last season's sale?

i'd be willing to offer some decent cash for those who'd help me pick up a pair of sundin's glove/stick! :D

What hand are you Hattrick? Most of the sticks are 100-120 flex but a few of the players do use 85-95 flex sticks. Gloves are mostly used (with rips or needing some repairs) and go for $75, they had brand new RBK gloves at the last sale (for call up players) for $100.

They sell pretty much everything minus jock and helmets. Protective gear and skates are overpriced for the condition they're in. New pants are hard to come by, but if you do find them you'll have to be pretty big to wear them. Pants run $25-$75 depending on the condition. Shells are $30 regardless of condition.

If anyones going to the Canucks sale and wants to make a few bucks I'll pay them for picking up a pair of pants or even a shell for me.

Were there any Easton or NBH 4-rolls at the sale? I'm still looking for a pair of either.

Wait a bit

I'm not going anywhere, I can wait.

I'm right handed. Unless they had some really sweet curves I probably wouldn't be too interested in the sticks, unless they're cheap. Do you remember what the pant sizes mostly were? I'm a medium in pants. I'd love to pick up a set of those or even a shell. Not sure if that's worth the drive up or not though.

They had used pants in all sizes... but when I say used I really mean it (holes, rips, stains, stink, you name it.) New ones were few and far between and you'd probably need a 36 waist to fit into those.

I go to the sale every year, it's pretty much Christmas Day for me. I sometimes leave empty handed though.

What hand are you Hattrick? Most of the sticks are 100-120 flex but a few of the players do use 85-95 flex sticks. Gloves are mostly used (with rips or needing some repairs) and go for $75, they had brand new RBK gloves at the last sale (for call up players) for $100.

They sell pretty much everything minus jock and helmets. Protective gear and skates are overpriced for the condition they're in. New pants are hard to come by, but if you do find them you'll have to be pretty big to wear them. Pants run $25-$75 depending on the condition. Shells are $30 regardless of condition.

With those prices, it may be a good idea to not buy anything. I am finding that you can get brand new pro stock equipment from various stores like Sport Chek and National Sports for the same price or cheaper.

Eg. TPS R8 pro stock sticks for $99 CDN and RBK pro stock gloves for $79 CDN.

Sometimes you can even use store coupon for additional savings.

Can you post some pics of what you snagged?

I can take pictures of the pants when I have time. The only other thing I grabbed were some lightning RBK socks for $15/pair. One home pair and one away pair. There were other things there (gloves, sticks, helmets, skates, game jerseys, practice jerseys) but didn't need anything else.

So that Edmonton sale was for last year? Any Albertans know when Calgary/Edmonton is having theres? I've searched and googled and what not, no luck.