Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattopiela

CCM U+ SKATES (any reviews/ feedback) ?

Is anyone getting the bubbling on the outside of the boot? It started literally after my first skate and its been close to a month now and its gotten worse, however I've seen another player's skates and his is worse than mine.. Does this happen to all the u+ skates? What's going on with that?

Is anyone getting the bubbling on the outside of the boot? It started literally after my first skate and its been close to a month now and its gotten worse, however I've seen another player's skates and his is worse than mine.. Does this happen to all the u+ skates? What's going on with that?

happened to mine after the first skate also

How bad is it? Does it seem to reset at all? It seems that about a week, If i don't skate, some of the bubbling resets back, but overall, the bubbling sucks.. CCM said that this shouldn't happen and its a defect, yet I hear so many people have this problem, and I'm not sure what the retail policy would be..

hey guys, so i got the CCM U+ pro's 2009 version as warranty replacements to mt V08's....

i got them baked in a graf oven (not the FIT machine) skated on them twice and MAN DO THEY KILL....and i have all kinds of heel slippage....ive broken many pairs of skates before and have never felt pain like this...

My arch area is so tight, i have pressure points on both sides of my feet and as i mentioned, my heel is slipping like crazy....

After baking, i thought the foam was supposed to expand and the skate would fill out? doesnt seem to be the case....

anyone have any suggestions??

does it really make that much of a difference???

I was told by my LHS that it's the same thing....

But is the pain im feeling "normal"

I work for a team and we have at least 4 guys switching to those skates. When you baked them were they super soft, They should be in the oven for about 8 minutes or until the little sticker says too hot. When you put them on they should feel amazing, if not they are probably the wrong size. After they cool, like the next day if you put them back on the heel should really lock into place. I'm gonna say they are not the proper size.

The 'FIT' system uses balloon bladers that push on the outside of the skate forming the skate to your foot. It does not depend on the laces to form the skate. I use the system on all my skates. The balloon bladers will push the skate from the outside and form around your ankle much better than just lacing them up. I have never tried the U+ but I think the 'FIT' System can only help. Oh...yeah, pain is never normal when it comes to skates that are fit properly.

They should be in the oven for about 8 minutes or until the little sticker says too hot...

If they don't get to the right temperature you may not get maximum expansion of the foam, which could give you the heel slip or they could just be a little to big.

I'm looking for as much feed back on the new U+ Pro's. My son has the 08's and even though they had problems he absolutely loves them. He's had two pair (CCM warrantied the first and sent the seconds). It sounds like everything we didn't like has been fixed; felt tongue (we had CCM put one on his replacement pair), no rocket runner and fixed the quarter material.

If the skates have been fixed I'll probably get them for him again.

I've skated with my U+ Pro reloaded a few times now, Previously I skated with pro tacks for 6 years, so getting anything other then CCM was out of the question.

I have not experienced anything close to heel slippage. Keeping in mind I am a 9.5 shoe, and I wear a 6D skate. For those of you that complain of slippage you really need to consider going to your local shop and sizing skates a size smaller, if not more. Some of the best skaters wear skates far smaller then recommended. Also, with the molding, if done correctly (mold while sitting for 15 minutes, then let skates cool for 24 hours) the foam with provide a tight mold around your heel. This obviously wont work with excess room in the skate. When buying a skate its not about initial comfort, most people immediately assume because the skate is comfortable its going to work for you on the ice. I decided on the U+ at the store because it fit real snug, the foam provided a nice mold, they were incredibly light, the new quarter panel is SOLID, and they were super stiff.

This IS one of the stiffest skates you can buy. Only rivaled by the one95

Also I recommend helping out your local hockey shops by buying your equipment there, especially with high end skates. CCM is allowing them to price their skates lower to assist with keeping them in business. Priced online U+ Pro are $549.99 (you won't find it cheaper from an authorized dealer according to CCM) at the local store they are $499.99, and then they cut me an extra $15, not to mention free sharpenings (normally $6), free moldings (normally $25) and new blade protectors. Where are you going to get that service online?

My first impressions during the first skate on the U+ Pro Reloaded is WOW theses are super light, even without the rocket runner from the '08 model these things were fantastically light. Next, I noticed they are pretty stiff, and the responsiveness was amazing. For those of you who haven't had the oppurtunity to skate on a top line super light skate, let me tell you weight makes a HUGE difference when your trying to get that extra stride. Durability wise I don't see how these could have problems. The only complaint I have with CCM skates, that hasn't changed even with the U+Pro is the islets popping out, they really need to start using copper. Of course, issues can be prevented if you properly care for your skates, and let them dry and air out with all the laces loose after you skate. With these skates you can really turn, cut, and stop on a dime, it requires more strength due to the stiffness, but the more you put it the more you get back from these bad boys. My feet were super sore during the first couple of skates, but I wouldn't really relate it to skate structure as much as how tight I lace my skate. Once those pressure points broke in towards the fourth skate, they were significantly more comfortable. I can't really speak on overall comfort because everyone fits differently, I guess the word I would use is TIGHT, which is what I like. I personally dont mind skating through a little discomfort to be the best skater on the ice.

Kunal. I can almost guarentee heel slippage will go away if you get a smaller size. V08 is a high end skate, but the U+Pro is a PRO skate, its fitment is very exact and percise. Also, you won't find a stiffer or lighter skate, expect the One95.

CCM did adress the heel slippage issue by adding 50% more foam to the heel area.

Overall I give this skate a 4.75/5. Only because of the potential durability issues. Like I said potential.

GREAT SKATE, very improved. Best CCM Skate to date. Any further questions let me know. My local guy went to the CCM factory recently and either him or I will be able to answer any questions you have.

I've skated with my U+ Pro reloaded a few times now, Previously I skated with pro tacks for 6 years, so getting anything other then CCM was out of the question.

I have not experienced anything close to heel slippage. Keeping in mind I am a 9.5 shoe, and I wear a 6D skate. For those of you that complain of slippage you really need to consider going to your local shop and sizing skates a size smaller, if not more. Some of the best skaters wear skates far smaller then recommended. Also, with the molding, if done correctly (mold while sitting for 15 minutes, then let skates cool for 24 hours) the foam with provide a tight mold around your heel. This obviously wont work with excess room in the skate. When buying a skate its not about initial comfort, most people immediately assume because the skate is comfortable its going to work for you on the ice. I decided on the U+ at the store because it fit real snug, the foam provided a nice mold, they were incredibly light, the new quarter panel is SOLID, and they were super stiff.

This IS one of the stiffest skates you can buy. Only rivaled by the one95

Also I recommend helping out your local hockey shops by buying your equipment there, especially with high end skates. CCM is allowing them to price their skates lower to assist with keeping them in business. Priced online U+ Pro are $549.99 (you won't find it cheaper from an authorized dealer according to CCM) at the local store they are $499.99, and then they cut me an extra $15, not to mention free sharpenings (normally $6), free moldings (normally $25) and new blade protectors. Where are you going to get that service online?

My first impressions during the first skate on the U+ Pro Reloaded is WOW theses are super light, even without the rocket runner from the '08 model these things were fantastically light. Next, I noticed they are pretty stiff, and the responsiveness was amazing. For those of you who haven't had the oppurtunity to skate on a top line super light skate, let me tell you weight makes a HUGE difference when your trying to get that extra stride. Durability wise I don't see how these could have problems. The only complaint I have with CCM skates, that hasn't changed even with the U+Pro is the islets popping out, they really need to start using copper. Of course, issues can be prevented if you properly care for your skates, and let them dry and air out with all the laces loose after you skate. With these skates you can really turn, cut, and stop on a dime, it requires more strength due to the stiffness, but the more you put it the more you get back from these bad boys. My feet were super sore during the first couple of skates, but I wouldn't really relate it to skate structure as much as how tight I lace my skate. Once those pressure points broke in towards the fourth skate, they were significantly more comfortable. I can't really speak on overall comfort because everyone fits differently, I guess the word I would use is TIGHT, which is what I like. I personally dont mind skating through a little discomfort to be the best skater on the ice.

Kunal. I can almost guarentee heel slippage will go away if you get a smaller size. V08 is a high end skate, but the U+Pro is a PRO skate, its fitment is very exact and percise. Also, you won't find a stiffer or lighter skate, expect the One95.

CCM did adress the heel slippage issue by adding 50% more foam to the heel area.

Overall I give this skate a 4.75/5. Only because of the potential durability issues. Like I said potential.

GREAT SKATE, very improved. Best CCM Skate to date. Any further questions let me know. My local guy went to the CCM factory recently and either him or I will be able to answer any questions you have.

How's the fit when compared to the Pro Tacks?

Did you sent them back to your LHS, online, CCM? What skates did you end up going with?

sorry i never replied.

but i ended up going with one95;s aand they've been great

hey guys, so i got the CCM U+ pro's 2009 version as warranty replacements to mt V08's....

i got them baked in a graf oven (not the FIT machine) skated on them twice and MAN DO THEY KILL....and i have all kinds of heel slippage....ive broken many pairs of skates before and have never felt pain like this...

My arch area is so tight, i have pressure points on both sides of my feet and as i mentioned, my heel is slipping like crazy....

After baking, i thought the foam was supposed to expand and the skate would fill out? doesnt seem to be the case....

anyone have any suggestions??

The arch is much lower and i would highly suggest Superfeet along with heating them more doesnt sound like they got near hot enough.

I havent had one issue with a fitting yet!

My son has had the U+ skates for about 4 months now. He's 14 playing bantam hockey and loves the feel of the skate. Only problem is, they've been falling apart since day one: tendon gaurd stiching continually coming apart; rivets on both skates fell out (twice on one); outside shell is scratched, falling apart, and bubbling while separating from the boot; toungue is showing significant wear aroung upper lacing and eyelets falling apart (causing laces to catch and shred). If our experience is any indication, buyer beware with this skate until CCM has fixed up some issues.

Sounds like you have the 1st generation U+, the U+ reloaded are suppose to fix all the problems. I'll find out today when my son's new skates arrive. If I'm not happy with the changes to the skates they go back.

back in June, there was a huge sale at the south windsor arena, or hockey1 store. There were reps from all of the major brands with equiptment that you could test on the ice for like 10 bucks total. I tried on the U+ pros, and I have nothing bad to say. Even without baking, they fit perfectly. but, the store didn't have my size and i ended up with XXV's

:(

Just got my son's new U+ Pro's...night and day over the 1st and 2nd generation U+'s. Looks like CCM realy listened to customers and looked at thier old design. The exterior shell is no longer a mesh fabric. It is a one piece Surlyn cover and yes it kinda looks like a golfball. If it is half as rugged as a golfball then the durability issue taken care of. No more rocket runner, saved me from having to buy new SS blades and put a nice felt tongue in place of the original one.

Everything we had problems with has be taken care of. Once he starts skating we will really see if everything is better, so far I have high hopes

I've been skating on my U+ Pros for a couple of months now and have no complaints at all. They've broken in nicely and are very light and comfortable. Baking was simple. I've taken a few slappers off the feet and have had no ill effects (well, no more than I've been used to). Prior to these I was wearing Vapor XXXXs (briefly) and before that, some 12 year old Bauer Supreme Comp somethingorothers. I really liked my Bauers, but compared to these, they're very heavy.