Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattopiela

CCM U+ SKATES (any reviews/ feedback) ?

Well I broke down and got the U+ and I can't tell you how unbelievable they are. Coming from the 6.0 to the U+ is night and day. They are so comfortable. I just hope they last.

I'm curious to see how these turn out durability wise. I know lighter normally means much less durable typically in skates. Trying them on and seeing a few pairs of game used skates I don't have a real good feeling.

I'm not sold on the new blade. How many places will learn to sharpen them propperly. From what I have heard the boot is very comfy. I would by the skate and put on the standard "old fashioned" stainless steel blade.

It sharpens fine - just additional adjustment. Think about it, the shop most people go to probably doesn't adjust anyway, shouldn't be any different.

I'm wondering if any of you guys know when custom orders for these skates will be available. I tried asking my local rep, but he is kind of clueless. Is there a department I could contact with custom order queries and such at CCM? I'd also like to know what options there are for custom alterations on these skates. Any help is appreciated.

well I have had the U+ skates for a couple weeks now, there are a lot of things I like and then again a lot of things I dont like. likes 1. the weight of course. 2. I like epro holders with standard steel 3. I didnt like the rocket runner it sounded like tblades on the ice and that annoyed me, but I like the fact that you can switch out runners. 4 the liner seems weak and after two weeks is already showing signs of wear and you can see the insides of the boot in some areas. All in all a great skate but weary about the durability. They are stiff in the right places!! very stiff after baking!! rocket runners are easy to sharpen if you see someone who knows what hes doing or just use standard steel. All in all Im going back to the 9k pumps these skates arent for me, but different skates fit different people. I cant wear certain skates because they dont fit my foot properly. I about died in the V10.0, these are way more comfortable and form so nice to the foot once heated. I have never seen a boot melt to the foot like these. I need something a little less stiff feeling in the boot and a little more durable. Im getting too old to break in skates.

I really like the rocket runner idea on paper. Having to carry all of the steel you will ever need with you at all times on the skate is sort of a model of inefficiency. With my big feet, the weight savings would probably be considerable, plus it is weight that is at the very end of your leg so it is more profound weight reduction. I'm usually not prissy about weight, but they are taking the weight off in one of the most effective spots to reduce weight. If the replacements cost less, everyone would probably sing their praises.

a friend on my team has had these for about a month now, he went for standard steel instead of the rocket runner. major thing i noticed was all the outer shell seemed to be bubbling and delaminating. The interior lining seemed to be wearing through quickly as well. they were super light though!

anyway, with him being the same size as me we traded skates for a session. now as a rule i hate the epro holder so i wont talk much on that as it was no different.

a few things i noticed:

1. in your hands they seem soft but when you wear them they dont, ive come from zair comp se's,1500's,s15's and xxxx's(one95's soon :)) altho not as stiff they didnt skate as soft as they felt in your hands and were for the most part quite responsive.

2. the heel was mega wide, altho i didnt get any slippage. when you look down them the difference between the amount of ankle padding between these and xxxx's was very significant.

3. the tongue sucks, altho comfortable, they are too short and messed up my leg setup as i go tongues out

if they fit well, you dont mind the epro and the deterioration of the boot i have seen with my friends is a one off. they are a very good skate. with a pair of ls2's on and no quick breakdown i would feel comfortable buying a pair.

I'm wondering if any of you guys know when custom orders for these skates will be available. I tried asking my local rep, but he is kind of clueless. Is there a department I could contact with custom order queries and such at CCM? I'd also like to know what options there are for custom alterations on these skates. Any help is appreciated.

what size? you planning on selling them by any chance?

I did a quick search but didn't find what I was looking for. How many sharpenings can you get from each rocket runner. Because from what I understand is that there is not as much steel so less sharpenings. How much do replacements cost? And would it be beneficial money-wise to just forget about the rocket runner altogether and just swap it for regular steel? Thanks in advance!

I just got my pair. skated in the for the 1st time last night. Felt great. they did get stiffer after baking. the only think is that it takes time to get use to just how light they are. I am thinking about putting my steel in from my 9ks and see what the difference in feel is. these are the 1st skates that didnt hurt skating in the 1st time.

I did a quick search but didn't find what I was looking for. How many sharpenings can you get from each rocket runner. Because from what I understand is that there is not as much steel so less sharpenings. How much do replacements cost? And would it be beneficial money-wise to just forget about the rocket runner altogether and just swap it for regular steel? Thanks in advance!

15 sharpenings in total.

The reason why they are keeping the numbers low is because they cannot account for every sharpener not taking too much off of the steel. I can say that most can get at least double that number.

J.R. did you get your U+ yet? I'm eagerly awaiting a review. Are the 8.0, 6.0, etc..the same last or are they redressed Vectors?

Haven't skated on it (the U+ I had in MTL had standard steel) but you feel a HUGE difference in weight with the RR. Gotta sharpen/profle/skate first to draw an opinion on performance.

Does anyone know the weight of the u+ in grams, I tried comparing them to the s15 with one in each hand when I was bored at work the other day but it was too close to tell. Thanks!

During the initial sharpening, some of the plastic holding the steel seemed to have melted. Plastic or glue, I'm not sure. This happened to a previous pair of U+ they sharpened so they were trying their best to keep the steel from overheating. These guys are experienced sharpeners. Skate is fine. I wonder if heat dissipation is reduced due to the smaller amount of steel. Anyone else have this problem?