Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattopiela

CCM U+ SKATES (any reviews/ feedback) ?

Sounds like the U+ is a winner but again what about the protective factor? Can they take a slapper like the One/90 or 95 which seem very solid. I hate the bees in your boot feeling when you take a hard shot with a standard skate.

I've tried the U+ on and was very unimpressed. The comfort factor was good, however the boot lacked stiffness for my liking. I'm used to my Vapor XXXX's/One95's. Obviuosly with less stiffeners that make the skate a 1/4 lighter. I'm not saying to not go out and buy CCM's Product all i'm saying is that it wasn't the skate for me.

- Mike

I've tried the U+ on and was very unimpressed. The comfort factor was good, however the boot lacked stiffness for my liking. I'm used to my Vapor XXXX's/One95's. Obviuosly with less stiffeners that make the skate a 1/4 lighter. I'm not saying to not go out and buy CCM's Product all i'm saying is that it wasn't the skate for me.

- Mike

Have you read in this thread that the U+ needs to be baked to stiffen up?

I felt the same way as Mike when I checked out the U+ and 9K. I have yet to bake a pair, but I find it hard to believe that they could stiffen up enough for my liking.

Hey just checked out the new U+. Really impressive Skate. As I was talking with one of the LHS guys with the exception of the U Foam there is not really that much difference between the U+ and the V8. However no one seems to have the V8's in. Does any LHS workers on this board know when they are shipping the V8's out. I just can't rationalize spending an additional $200+ just for the U foam.

Hey just checked out the new U+. Really impressive Skate. As I was talking with one of the LHS guys with the exception of the U Foam there is not really that much difference between the U+ and the V8. However no one seems to have the V8's in. Does any LHS workers on this board know when they are shipping the V8's out. I just can't rationalize spending an additional $200+ just for the U foam.

I heard it was the first week of July.

U+ and Vector are not the same fit.

Hey JR Can you mention what the main difference between the two would be.

Huge difference. The Vector 10.0 was a shallower boot with a narrow heel. I tried on the U+ and it wasn't even close. My foot swam in the boot. Way too much volume for me.