Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Red plastic skates anyone?

When I looked for the pics of Adidas skates in a book I have I came across this pic and thought it was kinda funny to share it, how pimping would it be to wear these red plastic skates? It's from a bandy game in 1979, and I guess this one guy wanted to impress the others or something, kinda like wearing Great Whites with chrome t-blades and neon laces today I guess? :lol: Plastic skates were somewhat common in the 70s and early 80s, anyone remembers them? I never owned a pair myself but I saw some and thought they looked really uncomfortable myself.

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/5071/Image3b.jpg

It's played on a lot bigger ice surface than hockey about the size of a football field, and the goals are the size of soccer goals. The puck is a hard rubber ball and obviously as you can see in the pics the sticks are curved and much shorter than normal hockey sticks. As far as rules I'm not sure how it's different.