Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

Yeah, but I wore Mission skates for the better part of 7 years. Maybe if people would've given it a shot earlier, they still may be around.

Seriously. I've been in S500's for the last 4 years and its an amazing skate. I'm on my last pair now, I'm contemplating whether to buy a couple pairs of AG120's or just hold off and get used to something new.

these skates look pretty sweet. i was talkin to a guy in london and he was saying not many were made. like 400 pair total or something. anyone know if there is any truth behind that?????

these skates look pretty sweet. i was talkin to a guy in london and he was saying not many were made. like 400 pair total or something. anyone know if there is any truth behind that?????

im not positive but i think someone has answered that question already.

they were designed as mission '09 model skate and were available to a select number of people for testing purposes.

they wont be put into production so those who were lucky enough to get a pair should be pretty happy

and to answer your question: on the NME Testers Forum (which is private only to those who were involved in the testing), there are only 79 registered users.

so the NME testers wern't in the pros or college hockey? because it seemed like quite a few players were using them at that level? or did mission want feedback primarily from high school/midget players instead?

I know a guy who got them from a member of his family that plays Pro Hockey. He got them as Mission was trying to get him to switch over to them. He has stayed using the gear that he has used for the last few seasons, so my buddy got some sticks and a pair of these skates. The skates look like they are very well built and my buddy says they are super comfy and perform better than his flexlites he was using for the last few seasons.

so the NME testers wern't in the pros or college hockey? because it seemed like quite a few players were using them at that level? or did mission want feedback primarily from high school/midget players instead?

The seeding program was for midget and hs'ers. Obv pro and college players get them and don't have to fill forms out.

For anyone interested, the NME skates are actually being sold by Mission. They have limited quantities but if your interested they do have some. I'd have your LHS contact their sales rep and have them get a few pairs. Retail should be around $300 for what their selling them at. Could be less could be a little more but i've gotten a couple pairs for customers and they've had nothing but good things to say about them!

I called a few of my local hockey stores and 2 of 4 talked to me and are going to investigate with their soon to be outgoing Mission/Itech reps.

Like I mentioned above, my buddy has these skates and raves about them, they look like an awesome skate.

Interested to hear back from them ;)

Won't happen - nothing was made over 280mm. Mine were in production before everything went down, highly doubt they were completed.

The pair that came threw my shop was a size 10 with a 288 Rush Holder.

For those interested, I know a store that has 7EE and 9.5D NMEs in stock. $350. PM me for the store.

You've crushed my hopes & dreams... haha

One more question - do you think there will be any problems replacing holders / steel ? Can you swap these holders with pitch 3s directly (I have spares) or will it require some mods?

I have always worn Mission 9D/E so I am hoping that sizing is pretty much the same...

In response to Figgi, I am not totally sure about fit but they definitely look higher cut than the AG or AGX skates

it is a higher cut boot, much higher vamping (skate material behind the toe box) than any other Mission boot I've ever put my foot in. It's a Mission made U+ type skate, so it is much lighter as well.