Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

Just got a call from someone who said he saw the new 130 skate and holder as well. His words, and don't flame me over this as these are exactly his words, "U+ knockoff right down to the plastic inserted into the steel to make them lighter."

Just got a call from someone who said he saw the new 130 skate and holder as well. His words, and don't flame me over this as these are exactly his words, "U+ knockoff right down to the plastic inserted into the steel to make them lighter."

So are they going Fuel line/NME line?

By the time the NME comes out the Fuels will not be around, as I understood it.

oh ok, the "saw the new 130 skate" had thrown through a loop.... either way, looking forward to their new products anyways, despite being very please with my new AGX

than that explains the picture mission sent JR.

By the time the NME comes out the Fuels will not be around, as I understood it.

That is my understanding as well, just passing along the comments as they were presented to me.

Uh-oh.....that means my employers may have some new work on their hands! ;)

Well, isn't the concept of the U+ essentially a knockoff of the One90? I mean, the One90 started this 'one piece upper' completely heat-moldable skate concept. All subsequent skates will always borrow that concept.

But isn't that the way ANYTHING is made? Someone borrows an existing concept, and refines it. Automobiles, computer programs, electronics, cloths, fictional stories, music, architecture... everything.

You can call it a knockoff, but if they do it better, then who cares? Especially if it helps get their products to more shops.

Have to remember, there is very little originality anymore, in every sense of the phrase, in every genre. Slight innovation is progress. Heck, all skates were carbon copies of the original CCMs for decades. The thing that separated each were the refining characteristics. Advances in technology. They only started getting out of leather bound skates less then a decade ago.

I'm waiting for the day when someone invents the TRUE out of box custom fitted skate. Some kind of sleeve, like a spandex sock, that when heated, hardens to the EXACT shape of your foot, with absolute zero negative space. Who knows if anything like that can be done, but it sure looks like it will be possible in 10 years. Look at this way, if someone told you 10 years ago, that you would be able to surf the internet, listen to mp3s, make phone calls, get PDA satellite navigation, instant message, and watch live TV on one hand held device, using a touch screen... you probably would have thought they were nutty.

Its all progress.

Sometimes, though, a concept comes along that blows everything out of the water. That is originality.

Well, isn't the concept of the U+ essentially a knockoff of the One90? I mean, the One90 started this 'one piece upper' completely heat-moldable skate concept. All subsequent skates will always borrow that concept.

But isn't that the way ANYTHING is made? Someone borrows an existing concept, and refines it. Automobiles, computer programs, electronics, cloths, fictional stories, music, architecture... everything.

You can call it a knockoff, but if they do it better, then who cares? Especially if it helps get their products to more shops.

Have to remember, there is very little originality anymore, in every sense of the phrase, in every genre. Slight innovation is progress. Heck, all skates were carbon copies of the original CCMs for decades. The thing that separated each were the refining characteristics. Advances in technology. They only started getting out of leather bound skates less then a decade ago.

I'm waiting for the day when someone invents the TRUE out of box custom fitted skate. Some kind of sleeve, like a spandex sock, that when heated, hardens to the EXACT shape of your foot, with absolute zero negative space. Who knows if anything like that can be done, but it sure looks like it will be possible in 10 years. Look at this way, if someone told you 10 years ago, that you would be able to surf the internet, listen to mp3s, make phone calls, get PDA satellite navigation, instant message, and watch live TV on one hand held device, using a touch screen... you probably would have thought they were nutty.

well said, which is why i cant wait to get my pair

Actually Kor is the one that revolutionized the industry with that concept.

The implication from the person I spoke with is not one of doing it better. Again, his opinion and not mine.

Actually Kor is the one that revolutionized the industry with that concept.

The implication from the person I spoke with is not one of doing it better. Again, his opinion and not mine.

Ah, Kor. A company I didn't think of. Good call, Chadd.

But, there you go, you see the point. Everyone borrows from someone else's concept.

It really all comes down to personal preference. And what fits you better.

I didn't mean to imply you were the one calling them a knock off. I used 'you' referring to anyone. English professors would be angry with me. lol.

In any case, these skates look great. They don't follow the AG/AGX line with the lower boot height, but they look like great quality skates.

I'm excited about the NME line. I wonder what is in store for the protective line (shoulders, elbows, shins, pants, helmet, gloves).

Looks like they got Hotblades to OEM blades for them. That blows - I loved the quality of PITCH steel.

Not to mention that "Hotblades" just sound cheap. It's not something I would want on a retail model when I'm trying to push against the big boys.

Looks like they got Hotblades to OEM blades for them. That blows - I loved the quality of PITCH steel.

Not to mention that "Hotblades" just sound cheap. It's not something I would want on a retail model when I'm trying to push against the big boys.

They were doing reduced weight steel long before CCM/RBK, so it's not like they're new to the industry. Personally, I usually prefer using a company that leads the way as opposed to someone coming along later and copying.