Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

Bauer 8000 Helmet - First Impressions

Well today I bought the 8000. It doesnt look bad at all in real life...with a cage. It looks sweet with a cage. Anyways all the adjusments are really nice and I got a nice fit. The adjusments are length, width and optical which adjusts the floating pad at the back of your head. Some extras addons are the chin strap pad and the dri fit liner in the chin cup.I dont think these are necessary but they are a nice addon. The padding is nice and its leather and doesnt look like it will come out like the 5000 padding did. I will post a bit more information when I use it in practice and I will tell you about the vents. If you have any questions I will try to answer them the best I can and sorry if this was posted already because I just started posting again.

*EDIT* I took some pictures but didnt have a chance to upload them but Ill get them as soon as possible.

I think it's an ugly bucket, especially without a cage, but it sure is light and comfortable. I didn't notice much of a difference in fit when using the side adjustments, but if you move them around with the helmet off, you can see what they do. The occipital lock does make for a tighter fit around the back/bottom of your head.

This helmet sounds really nice. I don't care about looks, I just want comfort and something that protects me from concussions good. I will probably buy one after this season b/c are team gives us helmets to use.

The 8000 looks just as bad as the 5000 without a mask or visor. The cage really evens out the look of the helmet and makes it looks sweet. I beg you to really look into this helmet because it is amazing with all the features it has. Dont brush it off because of its looks because it doesnt even look that bad.

^good way to put it.

I have one, and I couldn't be happier. Like said above, the cage evens out the look of the part of the helmet sticking out. The pads would be tough to come out because there is a red punch thing(shown in one of the pics.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/edge27/MVC-059S.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/edge27/MVC-058S.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/edge27/MVC-067S.jpg

It would look even better with a chrome cage. ;)

I have that setup and I like it alot. I like the helmet alot but a few guys on my teams had something to say about the looks.

It would look even better with a chrome cage. ;)

I have that setup and I like it alot. I like the helmet alot but a few guys on my teams had something to say about the looks.

Everyone on my team loves it...except one kid. Who cares if they dont like it.

The darker colors are better because the vent holes don't show. Get a nice white jawbone on a white helmet and you're halfway to the stormtrooper look.

ya in camp 2day a guy had a blue helmet with true vision cage... looked like he had a friggen porsche for a head... friggen vent holes make it look like a boxy space helmet. that aside, protection wise its neatto. I dont think there is a huge difference between it and the 5000 though. Also, if u get an 8000 get a DARK COLOR so the vent holes dont make u look like a tool and def use a dark cage.... silver / tru vision makes it just look damn garish.

Ill probably pick one up. You only get one head, and it doesnt look that bad. Its also probably the most comfortable helmet ever.

whats the price of the helmet in usd?none of theonline stores give it.

i think the helmet looks real nice in black.

my LHS has them for $120 us without a cage.

Wow, Most will sell them for like $100- $110 without, $120-130 USD with.

the shop I used to work in has them for 150us with a cage

can someone measure the maximum width of the helmet for me (inside padding)? i haven't ever had a helmet that fit me widthwise and i am hoping this helmet could change that

checked one out last night at the rink while my skates were getting sharpened. The black version really doesn't look to bad at all. In fact, I actually thought it looked pretty cool. Seems pretty close to the 5000 though. I wanted to play with all of the adjustments and try it on but the display helmet was too small. Price was 120.00 w/out cage.

damn it edge when ever i read your post i hear cartmans voice but besides that the helmet in white i think looks awasome i might pick one up for my self. I saw a kid at my rink who put an itech fx 50 combo on it and thats what i have and it looked pretty kewl