Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gatorade09

Should i get a PS3

Its been almost 2 years since I sold my doorstop(PS3) but it's about time to buy a new one. I lurv my 360 but once I found out FFVII was on ps3 that pretty much sold me again.

Its been almost 2 years since I sold my doorstop(PS3) but it's about time to buy a new one. I lurv my 360 but once I found out FFVII was on ps3 that pretty much sold me again.

tell me about it. I loaned out disk one of FF7 back in high school and never got it back. The other two disks mocked me for ages while the price of a used copy of the game was in the $40 range....

Man I've mowed lawns with quieter things than my 360. Small gripe, but I think their controllers aren't nearly as well done as the Sony ones. Sony's a little small for my liking but I never lose connection and I like their rechargeable ones over MS's battery ones. Batteries. WTF?

Wired controllers are where it's at. Yes you have to buy another controller, or a Play 'n Charge kit, but it's worth it IMO.

The xbox controller in general has always felt better to me, however, nothing will ever top the old S Controller. End-all-be-all.

I love the wired 360 controller but the way I have mine rigged to a projector just doesn't allow it. I have one that I bring to friends' houses when we get any kind of tournament on, but a wireless PS3 controller is infinitely better than a wireless 360 controller.

I was dead-set against ever buying a PS3 (although I want one BADLY) because of that terrible controller and the fact that I know I would hate playing NHL on it. But the other night my friend told me about this, which he got a week ago and is in love with -

http://www.extreme-mods.com/XCM-Cross-Batt...adapterplus.htm

The 360 controller is hands down the best controller on the planet and I couldn't imagine playing NHL without it. I am going to try to get a PS3 in December (trying to get a 52" 240hz Bravia at the same time!) and I am definitely going to pick the XCM adapter up.

To a rookie like me, they all seem the same, so what is it you like about the Xbox's controller versus PS3?

That's kind of like saying "Why do you prefer the Bauer 4rolls over the Franchises?"

It's all personal preference. Haha.

The 360 Controller is larger, and the thumb sticks are in a different position meaning your hands are normally in a different position. The triggers are large and curve out, but the other shoulder buttons are small and thin.

The PS3 Controller is smaller, thumb sticks are right next to each other, the triggers are small and square and curve inwards (a huge downside IMO, why curve a button in such a way that causes your fingers to fall off?) but the other shoulder buttons have an edge in size.