Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sikocycles

Largest toe caps

I broke 4 metatarsals in my left foot and now that foot will be wider. It was wider to begin with anyway. Can all the major companies do custom skates? and what is the price difference between a custom and a stock skate?

I broke 4 metatarsals in my left foot and now that foot will be wider. It was wider to begin with anyway. Can all the major companies do custom skates? and what is the price difference between a custom and a stock skate?

Custom skates are only offered in the highest end skates, and are usually more expensive than stock. I would guess 5%-10% higher in price than stock. It really all depends on the skate, and the company.

Assuming you order them as a custom fit. I know we ordered a pair for a guy that had two different size feet a couple of years ago and it was the same price as a retail pair. Then again, that was a while ago and customer service may have slipped a bit.

I will talk to my lhs and see what they suggest. I was think of vector pros or 8090 but tried on a 10 EE and my foot did not even want to go in. I will try the vectors and a pair of v12 if I get a chance

Sizes and widths can be mixed/matched for no extra charge. Things like 1/4 sizes, double stiching, c and e widths etc are going to cost more.

I will go to my lhs and see. My heels are narrow so I am afraid that a EE or a EEE will be to wide in the heel. This stinks and thanks for the help. DO you know anyone that is a great skate fitter in the north east. I usually go to a store Wesco that is really good but I am looking for suggestions

The rebellions are large (much like a tour boot), but V-12s are massive... even in D width.

I've owned both. The Rebellion cap is indeed bigger. The v12 cap is huge but you also have to remember how raised the bumpers on the sides and the front of that cap are. It makes them look even larger than they are on the inside. The rebellion cap is thinner overall yet almost as huge from an external standpoint w/o any kinds of bumpers molded on the sides or front. If he can get them on the cheap with a conventional blade, they are worth a shot-especially if he likes traditional boots. Those are about the most width-forgiving retail skates you will ever find between the cut, cap, flexibility and padding.

I kind of want to wait for the synergys but I dont think I could wait a couple of months for them unless I can get my tacks stretched enough. I know they will be ready in Oct but probably not my size unless Ryan hooks my broken foot up