Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruin88

bottoms of feet sore why?

today i skated for the first time since april ,i was good for 10 mins then the bottoms of my feet were killing me and i couldnt even stand on them ,just in case any of this has to do with it ,i gained 10 pounds ,switched from 502 to 735 grafs ,got the blade of my right skate moved inwards one millimitre because ive bin "supinated" for my whole life. if anyone can tell me how this could be happening please do because i really want to fix it before my next ice time.

today i skated for the first time since april ,i was good for 10 mins then the bottoms of my feet were killing me and i couldnt even stand on them ,just in case any of this has to do with it ,i gained 10 pounds ,switched from 502 to 735 grafs ,got the blade of my right skate moved inwards one millimitre because ive bin "supinated" for my whole life. if anyone can tell me how this could be happening please do because i really want to fix it before my next ice time.

All the reasons you gave... not skating since april... new boots... added weight... new blade positioning... all could lead to some foot pain. I'd give them a few times and see how they feel then. Might just be that your feet aren't used to being in skates, and you have to get used to the new boots.

Although... is this arch pain, or just all-over bottom of the foot pain?

its from the arch up and it feals like my big toe and the one aboe it is numb ,ive never had this happen to me before and i havent done spring hockey in about 3 years ,the only thing ive ever had sore are my legs and back NEVER the bottom of my feet.

your feet probably were tired out early..

eseentially what happens is that when you just walk around..your foot can grab the entire sole of your shoe....so it doesn't really get tired too often as it gets to spread out the effort...on a skate.it winds up "grabbing" usually in 2 areas close to where the skates mount..when it can't hold onto to bottom..it gets tired..and that's when you feel it...

of course..new skates are always an issue..especially with carbon soles...

Ya. After getting my 735`s my feet went numb.But after a few skates they were all better. Is also could be because the 735`s are a skinnier boot.

theyre heat fitted so i dont know about them being too narrow is there much of a difference between the 735 regular and 502 regular width skates?

Even if they are baked in the oven, they can still not fit your feet quite right.

There isn't a TON of difference, but it is definitely enough to make your foot feel a little pain.

what shop did u go to to get the blade moved? the place i go to started using a new insole thats supposed to help align u and its killing the bottoms of my feet

offside pro shop is where i went to get the blade alligned ,i really dont think theyre too narrow because the sides of my feet dint hurt or the tops ,just the bottoms hurt ,theyre easy to get on and off too they seam fine ,i have ice time tommorow night so ill tell you how i felt after that ,ill try tying them a little looser like cavs sed to do.

The 735s have a composite sole right? That's always a big difference when you use them at first. It will hurt for a little while until you get used to it.

i dont know if its composite but i know i read its a very stiff boot

Look at the bottom of the boot. Is it white or does it have a weave pattern on it?

chadd - the skate has the regular graf sole (the white one). i think only the G-series has the composite.

i'm gonna hafta go with cavs in saying that your skates may be too narrow or you're tying them too tight around the midfoot. i've had the exact same thing happen for every skate i've gotten and the problem is usually solved by just tying the midfoot loser, then tightening more around the ankle.

chadd - the skate has the regular graf sole (the white one). i think only the G-series has the composite.

i'm gonna hafta go with cavs in saying that your skates may be too narrow or you're tying them too tight around the midfoot. i've had the exact same thing happen for every skate i've gotten and the problem is usually solved by just tying the midfoot loser, then tightening more around the ankle.

Nobody stocks them around here and it's been a while since I looked at a pair. You're probably right about the lacing being too tight across the top of the foot.

hey ,i just got off the ice and it was great. i tied my skates a bit looser and only my right arch hurt and it only hurt half as much as it did the first time ,my left foot was fine ,2 toes were numb but no pain ,99% better ,thanks guys for all the help if i didnt know i had to loosen the skates a bit i bet i woulda had sore feet for a while and got cut from rep or had to get new skates

p.s. t blades are awesome ,i highly reccomend them!