Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

Brian's has gone under

I mean, the general thought is that they'd keep the same people making the stuff.  At least that what would be the right thing.  I just hope that they keep the name, but then again, they weren't going to do that with the other fish they tried to reel in.

Dammit, now I want to know what the "other" company is!

I sure would like to know too...

But in a situation like this, Brian makes great pads (just off reputation, I've obviously never used them), and assuming that Easton continues to manufacture pads of the same quality with only a different logo, the consumer would benefit from having the pads kept on the market. Then again, Easton could very well have a major over haul and change everything about the pads.

It's hard to keep high quality when you increase production levels. I hope Easton manages to do it but, as usual, I will wait to see before passing judgement. I just cringe at the number of names for features that will come out of it.

Brian's was great because it was essentially all custom work, they did a sweet pair of Van Halen pads when I was at HG.

the downside was that they were run by a very small number of people and when the owner became ill, well production slowed immensely...causing serious customer service issues...

A company that makes such great stuff hopefully will stay in business..but even if they are acquired by a larger mfg...some of the same issues are still going to be there....

while on the goalie subject, the company that had it down the best with regards to stock and custom availability and arrival dates is TPS..

Chadd...the skate you talk about is being worked on..but its a company other than Easton...

Chadd...the skate you talk about is being worked on..but its a company other than Easton...

I assumed Kor was working on one as well.

Well i'd think a lot of the skate companies are working on using some sort of alternative material to revolutionize the goalie skate, its been a traditonal design for quite a while now...

there' a guy in Cali with some solid ideas..have to see what comes of it

"Let the shmick ass goalie gear come forth from the great E who sees all, lidless, great in shiny-ness"

Brian's may be dead as whole but long live the new silver god of goals Easton!

Could have let you guys know about this a while ago. The Brians Manufacturing building is in my town. I knew a lot of people that worked there too. Most of them made good money making the pads, or so i heard. Every goalie who has every played here has wore Brians pads. Its too bad to see them go.

If easton wanted to breakin the goalie equipment buisness they would of done it years ago

This could be a good time for mission to break out. Like what was said before

"Mission by brian's" or "Brian's mission".

A probably known fact to all goalies in this forum

"Heaton", "Brian's" used to be owned by the same guy (not at the same time)

Brian Heaton. Last I heard he sold Heaton to CCM to work for Louisville.

He desgined "X-Hale,Contour,Ice Cap, and Bionic. I'm not sure if he made X-lite, Xseed.

If easton wanted to breakin the goalie equipment buisness they would of done it years ago

This could be a good time for mission to break out. Like what was said before

"Mission by brian's" or "Brian's mission".

A probably known fact to all goalies in this forum

"Heaton", "Brian's" used to be owned by the same guy (not at the same time)

Brian Heaton. Last I heard he sold Heaton to CCM to work for Louisville.

He desgined "X-Hale,Contour,Ice Cap, and Bionic. I'm not sure if he made X-lite, Xseed.

Heaton left TPS after a year and went to CCM. He was not involved in the Ice Cap, Bionic or XCeed.

Now, the smaller companies were doing much better years ago. Nowadays you have to pick a dance partner to stay afloat.

There'll be a new couple tomorrow...

Brian Heaton left The Hockey Company about a year ago. Last I heard he was working on some side projects. Don't think they were hockey related though.

Ok My facts were off a bit but here it is as thursday from my newspaper. Heatons bid was rejected, "somewhat less tham $5 mil-the amount the company was worth during its "heyday"". Burkes is the highest bidder but Berek and Bonnie Hales (major shareholders) have till oct 11 to out bid Burke. 6 bids were rejected. Burke says "its not a done deal----insuring $2.125 mil of secured debt and $1.1 mil of unsecured debt" If Burke gets it it stays in Kingsville ontario.