Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrooklyniteAlmighty

Brooklynite Almighty

I will have the normal blade types of Modano/Sakic/Drury etc.... so this will help. I want to have a blade that is rare and hard to get. So the limited people who use these blades can come to Brooklynite to get them. Lidstrom is common.

What do you guys think of a kovy blade toe curve? I do not know about the curves of players, I am being honest, its your dept. This is somthing I need to learn more about. Maybe a blade with a 4.5 lie. Somthing different that some people like. I wont make 100 of them but I will make a few and add this to my inventory.

Blade Pattern Thread

That was posted by someone from Christian hockey and was a discussion about what blade pattern isn't available. That would be a great way to distinguish yourself from the other options. Personally, I'd love to try a pure toe curve (i.e. not a Sakic or Smyth) but none are available.

After 19 pages im going to go ahead and assume that this has been said before, however;

the brand doesnt work for me, in my opinion you need to rebrand to something much more neutral. the graphics/the website/theme works, i like it. alls that would need to be changed is the names.

its been mentioned that you need a gimmick for your top stick, i'd have to disagree with that. you dont need a gimmick to have a good stick. the rbk 9k0 and the easton s17 have the durability of wet paper (certainly linked to the gimmick in the case of the s17, rbk just make crap blades..). the warrior kronik with the spyne blade is just a waste of time. but go and ask warrior which stick sells the most, the dolomite of the gimmicky kronik, i wonder :)

what you do need is credibility, of which you currently have none. to do this you're going to have to sell your sticks for less than $180, atleast at first. personally, i love the dolomite. why should i pay $30 more for your stick when i can get a proven stick, like the 2006 dolomite on the internet for $150 or a 2008 dolomite for $10 less than yours! please dont reply saying 'because its a quality product', theres plently of quality products available to me, the consumer for less than that!

the only way for you to get credibility is to build it by getting your sticks to both nhl players as well as 'real' hockey players (like what, 90% of your market?). you do this by offering them a GOOD DEAL, defintely in the first steps of your business. if its half as good as you say it is, im sure it will do well. you dont need fancy marketing, word of mouth works wonders when it comes to quality but understated products, of which you claim to have.

The post from Calgary about how the Canadian guys would stay away from a OPS from Brooklynite due to the name is a valid point. Again, leave out the quality issue. Imagine a guy from Canada designing and developing the next baseball glove or bat for Americans and calling it the Torontonian or the Montrealer or Vancouverite? Think American baseball guys would go for it?

Don't go ballistic. Just stop and think...........

Living in the Boston area I'd rather play with an old tree branch then with something that said Montreal on it. Gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. :lol:

Brooklyn is a tough town with allot of history. Hockey is a tough sport. Everyone knows Brooklyn. If the people of calgary wont use it. They will be missing out. My favorite player in the NHL is in Calgary. So thats too bad.

Its also how he went into his locker room. Hey guys their is some idiot online that named his company Brooklynite. If this company grows you watch how it will build the sport in NYC. That will be a focus of my company also. Think about this. NYC has no Tier 1 program. Think how many people are in NYC. If you want to grow the sport. NYC is the place. It needs help to grow.

I love the name of the company. Some of you probably dont.

Brooklyn is a tough town with allot of history. Hockey is a tough sport. Everyone knows Brooklyn. If the people of calgary wont use it. They will be missing out. My favorite player in the NHL is in Calgary. So thats too bad.

Its also how he went into his locker room. Hey guys their is some idiot online that named his company Brooklynite. If this company grows you watch how it will build the sport in NYC. That will be a focus of my company also. Think about this. NYC has no Tier 1 program. Think how many people are in NYC. If you want to grow the sport. NYC is the place. It needs help to grow.

I love the name of the company. Some of you probably dont.

well that's the thing, nobody cares if you like the name when it is them buying the product.

Here is just another idea. The bible refferences are only the beginning.

I was thinking this. What about doing the same model stick with different colors and naming them cities.

Example

Brooklynite/Boston

Brooklynite/Toronto

Brooklynite/Calgary

Brooklynite/Minnasota and so on.......could even use the cities colors.

It would be the city model, say the future top stick. Somthing alittle different then most companies.

LoL............ thats the first time someone said I am thinking small. Lego is right name wise.......

I wont just market this product in NYC. I am going global, Sweden has the product already. I made a connection in Russia and have a meeting with the Vice president of the Russian Federation. I think too big sometimes too big. I am visiting Canada the end of this month.

I would ditch the entire bible reference thing, it is going to drive away far more people than it is going to attract.

The city thing i dont think would work either, because that cities model would only appeal to one city, as opposed to any other stick appealing to anybody in any city.

I was thinking this. What about doing the same model stick with different colors and naming them cities.

Example

Brooklynite/Boston

Brooklynite/Toronto

Brooklynite/Calgary

Brooklynite/Minnasota and so on.......could even use the cities colors.

It would be the city model, say the future top stick. Somthing alittle different then most companies.

That naming convention doesn't make any sense.

LoL............ thats the first time someone said I am thinking small. Lego is right name wise.......

I wont just market this product in NYC. I am going global, Sweden has the product already. I made a connection in Russia and have a meeting with the Vice president of the Russian Federation. I think too big sometimes too big. I am visiting Canada the end of this month.

Just because you want to get the stick out to as many countries as possible, doesn't mean that an end user will associate Brooklyn with hockey.

And there are a lot of people in NYC. What do you think the percentage of hockey playing people living in NYC is?

Seriously, hire a marking company or something.

Its nothing like that, I have no gimmicks its just quality. The shape is different. The site will show this clearly and I dont feel like getting abused about everything I say on here. Thats all.

This topic is getting closed. If you're not willing to share information and your only looking to hype an product that isn't available, we not going to serve as a free medium for you to do so. We can look into re-opening this whenever the sticks arrive in the country.

I do thank the members who have attempted to offer advice and constructive criticism.