Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrooklyniteAlmighty

Brooklynite Almighty

Stick 9 its 20g lighter first off, ......and if a stick retails for 179.00 does not mean it actually sells at that price. All the bells and whistles are not public yet. You will see the day of the release. No more info. If you actually look at the pictures you will see why you would buy this over a dolomite. The redeemer is the stick that will compete with the dolomite.WHen the stick goes on the market, my site will have everything listed and a 3d display showing you. Right now we are designing the displays for the site.

wait, you mean to tell me people are curious about the stick, and you wont tell them? you're not in a position to have any pocket cards to pull. You wont be able to put a stick with holes in it out on the market and get people to buy it, or whatever gimmick you have. people will simply lose interest and go buy something else.

look man, like i said, you have people asking, and you're withholding information... I didnt realize you were in a position to with hold info when people were interest AND still keep them interested. you arent easton.

I"ve stayed in the background this entire time. I've read this entire thread from the beginning. . . I never thought it would get as far as it has. I applaud you for putting out a new product and testing the market. . . unfortunately, I don't see how you expect your product to do as well as others. First off, you plan on selling your product at the same price as other one piece sticks that have been researched and tested. Secondly, you are coming into the market with an unknown name, unknown brand, and unknown product. Looking into past hockey endevers like yourself, they don't make it far when it comes to sales. Customers love to stick with the norm in hockey equipment.

I feel that mission hockey has always made a great product, they seem to make advancements in technology before others do. . . but do their products last in the test of time. . . no. Unfortunately customers do not believe in new products, they want to stick in the proven names (bauer/easton/ccm) and not give others a chance. I applaud you for your effort, but i feel most of the people on this site that think you are going no where are absolutely correct. Without some sort of guarantee that your stick is as good as others you will get no where.

I wish you the best in your goal of selling an amazing hockey stick. I hope I am wrong in saying that you will fail. I feel it is a great monopoly that so few companies can make a profit on hockey equipment. Unfortunately, this is how it is in every major sport. Kids see their favorite players wearing certain brands and that is what they want to wear. I know when I was a kid, I saw Lemieux wearing Koho and Jofa and that was all I wanted to wear. Now, neither of those companies exist, but they are minor companies within CCM. You cant make it big without big names supporting your product. And by god that jofa helmet was probably the ugliest helmet i've ever seen, but I still wanted to wear it. (honesty much of the new equipment now makes me want to vomit . . but since stars in the NHL wear it. . . it sells. . . )

Ok you have broken me down so now I will explain the quality of my Almighty to the Mod Squad even before this information will be put on my own website. I guess its only right because you guys do get allot of information before it hits market so here is some inside info...... Hope fully you will all read this.

I do have an engineer and a mighty good one at that. We have worked long hours together to develop this product. I should make him post this but he is not willing to speak on this forum, especially what he has been hearing and what is happening in here.

I will totally give some of the stand out technology of the ALMIGHTY, REDEEMER AND D FORCE and why it is a top grade stick. My engineer did not want me to post this information but here it goes.

Ok my blades are made by a compressed mold and rip process, it has TWO bridges inside for strength and it is filled and reinforced with foam.

The bottom of my blade is not made of Carbon Fiber, it is made of Kevlar for added strength and it makes the blade allot lighter and the bottom of my blade is allot stronger then MOST Brands, you would be surprised who, I really do not want to be sued so I can not state. If you see the bottom of your blades with (line cracks) you will know. I will say most companies also.

I have Imported the best grade of Carbon Fiber from Japan. (Most companies get their material in China its cheaper, this material is horrible, I imported ours and this is why my product can not be sold for $80.00 not a chance even selling it for 120.00 I do not make money) By my third or fourth stick order my costs will be brought down.

JR If you want, call your expert to confirm this, it is fine with me. Maybe I can pull my engineer to come on the site and have an intelligent conversation about this.

Every stick we make has a low kick point...... Including the D Force

My shafts all have reinforced corners, it is reinforced with a material called Hamei.....It is a strong substance like a glue.

The Almighty shaft also has what we will call an imperial shaft shape. Its just a deep concave.

The Almighty hozel is 2.58 centimeters for much improved flex when shooting.

Redeemer and Almighty both are fully wrapped in 12k (only Sr, Jr has 12k blade)

The stick was made to compete with the big companies and not to make money until it establishes itself at a full retail price. They will copy the way it is fused.

The way my stick is fused "can not be known and will not be revealed" My engineer would be extremely upset with me, we may be patenting this process, but money is tight, the guy is a genius and dear friend of my family and is the true creator of my Almighty.....He is over 65 years old and a pioneer of the materials science industry. When I tell him what is going on in here, he just laughs and wont come online, he thinks its babyish and tells me shut up and let the product sell itself. I would of but you guys ripped me before the stick hit the market. Sort of like a grand father figure. He does not know how to use the forums and barely a computer. He is the shining star of Brooklynite and without him. The product would be nothing. I am also from Staten Island my whole life. He was born in Brooklyn. The company is named after him not myself. He is not a partner but he believes in my dream and was willing to help me and is teaching me.

Here is some more information, which all of you know already. The design of Exodus and Genesis are not my companies designs or from my R&D Dept. I am legally allowed to use these gloves. The company your showing everyone has transfered the legal right of these gloves. They know about it, and agreed to let this happen, we are using these gloves legally. We are the only company in North America that will have these designs. The company went out of business and we need a glove. So I seized the opportunity. JR said himself they are an excellent quality glove...

So all of you who are abusing my company calling it petty, insulting me and stating you will not use a Brooklynite stick, its your decision. Its a great product and you will see when MSH reviews it. I stand behind the creator and so does everyone so far, who actually ''USED'' it.

I personally tried to make the silver knuckles and brass knuckles and have failed so far. I personally did go out and find the right factory to make the Almighty. It was my job and my engineer is very happy with them. The main thing about picking a factory is making sure its clean and they are honest people. It took a long time to find the right place, I took a train to meet them personally myself in Boston as they were meeting with another client. So my job was well done. I pooled great people together to make this team.

Thank you all for reading this post.

We also just brought on board Alex Mikhno as our Russian ambassador. His brother owns 2 teams in Russia. He also is the vice president of the Russian Federation/National Team. I am meeting with him on September 20th in NYC. If he likes everything I will be flying to St. Petersberg Russia. Alex is also the uncle of Fedor Anatolievich Tyutin. He spoke to him about using a Brooklynite stick but he can not because he has a deal with Easton. So I may fly to St. Petersberg with Alex in November to build relationships in Russia.

I also thank JR and Chad and whoever else for giving me the second chance on this forum.

Sounds like a hell of a stick.

I like your engineer's idea of letting the stick sell itself. Get a couple into the hands of testers, and THEN answer any questions. People are just too skeptical.

Stick9, Yes thats why I am here. You guys are the experts on what people want. Next shipment I am going to do a new mold for a blade that is hard to get. So if you guys have any ideas or a specific blade you would like to see or use, please inform me. So I can start this process.

Your right Jarick, I should of shut up and should of done that. When my site went online. I saw people making fun of my website and I came in here and acted CHILDISH. I came in here to mend those relationships and some have mended. I am learning you cant please everyone.

I might be alone, but I prefer Dolomite-style blades, which I believe have no foam inside them. Reason is they stay stiffer longer, are more durable, and don't seem to crack on the bottom like the Easton blades (which have terrible durability for me).

I'd say marketing a shaft would be a great way to introduce people to your company, as we wouldn't have to commit to a full stick before buying. I'm more likely to drop $80 to test a new shaft than $160 on a new one-piece.

Also, if you aren't planning on it, I would also urge you to make a 70-75 flex shaft. Some of us guys that are closer to 5'6" than 6' need to cut down our sticks and 85 flex turns into 100 flex really quickly...

Well from hearing allot of people on this site about pricing and getting my stick out there. I am going to take some advice from the members. The first week my stick hits.

I will be offering the Almighty for the first week for 135.00

For a stick of this quality this is a very good price point. I am going to send you somthing I got this morning from Sweden, this will be an email from a Nordic distributor. He received the product. You gotta see his reaction. His biggest client showed interest in our product and he emailed me a month back out of no where, I sent it to him and here is his reaction, mind you I dont know this guy. He is in Sweden, I almost fell out my chair reading this with joy. They may be sold before they even get here. So I may only have a few Almighty's.

Hi Joe,

Did receive the stick yesterday.

Its fu**ing beautiful, I think im in love....

Have a meeting with one of my biggest customers on Monday next, we will see

after that.

Could you please send me prices on all the sticks and also on the different

gloves you have.

/ Kim

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----

I will have the normal blade types of Modano/Sakic/Drury etc.... so this will help. I want to have a blade that is rare and hard to get. So the limited people who use these blades can come to Brooklynite to get them. Lidstrom is common.

What do you guys think of a kovy blade toe curve? I do not know about the curves of players, I am being honest, its your dept. This is somthing I need to learn more about. Maybe a blade with a 4.5 lie. Somthing different that some people like. I wont make 100 of them but I will make a few and add this to my inventory.

so after following this thread for the last day plus, I think you've received plenty of good advice, and some real criticism that is quite valid.

You have such limited information that it feels like you are going about this a bit haphazardly, and I've personally got some old brands that are now long gone that were well thought out, well executed business objectives and ultimately failed that I'd love to still see in shops. I think anyone who has played a while has a brand or two they just miss, but in the long run ended up as a niche or second level brand that couldn't cut it in the face of the industry giants.

First off, how many different curves are you going to market with? Personally if you have a Iginla or Recchi clone I'd give it a whirl, but I'm one of the few who doesn't mind investing in something new and seeing where it goes. If you don't have the handful of basic patterns every company is producing though, stop now and go back to the drawing board.

Second, you do need a marketing angle to push the product. Quality will speak for itself, but it's a terrible gameplan coming out of the gate. You're a new enterprise, how can you claim to me as the consumer that your product is quality without established sales numbers, return/breakage rates, etc.? Some people may buy into the religious theme, others will be driven off by it. Warrior pushes the innuendo marketing, but they also have New Balance funding it which is where niche marketing takes a severe nosedive for you.

Third, I realize you are huge on the sticks right now and the gloves are kind of passing in and out of conversation, but if you really want to push another glove into the market it has to be something special and unique that no one else is doing. Look at Sande gloves, the trigger finger is so different and radically departed from a stock standard glove that it seperates Sandes from anything else, people either love it or hate it but it is unmistakeable.

All in all, while you can yoke some very valuable and some extremely harsh comments and info here, MSH represents a small group of a much larger consumer base. Most of the people here know more than the average hockey consumer and are more well informed. Even if you get the approval of the members here, it's a far cry from getting the everyday player on board with your product. Getting it out there in people's hands is the only sure fire way to garner any interest, but it has to be planned out well and executed well. Even with those things a lot of decent companies fold in 5 years or less.

I do wish you the best of luck in this endeavor, it's a big undertaking and if you're successful then it will be a testament to what drive and determination can bring you, but others have come before you and eventually folded.

I will have the normal blade types of Modano/Sakic/Drury etc.... so this will help. I want to have a blade that is rare and hard to get. So the limited people who use these blades can come to Brooklynite to get them. Lidstrom is common.

What do you guys think of a kovy blade toe curve? I do not know about the curves of players, I am being honest, its your dept. This is somthing I need to learn more about. Maybe a blade with a 4.5 lie. Somthing different that some people like. I wont make 100 of them but I will make a few and add this to my inventory.

Do a Coffey clone. Maybe open the face just a touch.

If you look through the blade pattern threads you'll find lots of people love that curve. I'd snatch up a few if they set up for a tapered shaft.

JMO of course.

Beauty response.....Your correct, and I have a marketing plan. Its going well. We have some demand for the stick in a very short time period. Its not enough to say this company is successfull, we didnt make a dime and wont for atleast a couple of years..., I see there are allot of people with a ton of knowledge on here, and hopefully they will help improve this company.

I look at it this way. The people that help from the ground level with be with me if this company does well. I dont mean posting on a forum in years from now. I mean being an influential part of my company. I need these people, and I am here to build relationships with these people. Think if any of you were on the ground level of an Underarmor, CCM, etc.... These companies were started by regular people. I am not saying it set in stone, that Brooklynite will become this. I do promise to go at this with a passion like no other. I believe people can do great things if they take action.

This is an opportunity for people as it is for me. The big companies have R&D and a ton of employees. When they stated it was because of peoples passion to build somthing great.

Look at Unbreakable Hockey Laces....a new company. The guy has passion and has created something I think can work for people. I like my skates to be tighter and these laces do this for me, I also hate when the ends on my laces get all ripped up, I love the metal. Their is another company who does this, so what but I used it because of his company. Their is 15 companies selling soda. Who will improve the product is the one to succeed.